/plg/ - powerlifting general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you guys do triceps isolation at all?
Apart from flat bb bench I do nothing for triceps.
Is this a mistake?

It is a mistake, at least do close grip bench.

I mean I can't do anything that uses my back at all, no squats/deadlifts/rows/even ohp, bench is ok as long as I don't arch too much. I try decompressing my spine everyday and do core exercises.

Sometimes I will, depends on the program I'm running. It definitely wouldn't hurt to do some additional tricep work if you can fit it in and not be at the gym forever. I prefer rippetoe LTEs.

Who here at 1/2/3/4 for reps still at linear progression?

>reminder to try harder

I kind of want massive arms right now, figured doing some triceps helps that.
And some curls I guess. Unsure about how many sets / reps though

stalled at lmao2plaet squat

>tfw cutting

Something like 3-5 sets at RPE 8ish, something moderately decent with reps but not absurdly high.

>cutting when only lifting 2 plates

user, just lift. Unless you are Beverly Hills Ninja-mode, just keep your bw and lift.

question from last thread cause I'd really appreciate help with it

I haven't been sick since I switched from novice LP.
I feel like I might be getting sick right now though, so I gotta ask; what the fuck do I do if for example I'm doing an 8 week program and by week 3 I get sick and can't lift for 1-2 weeks. If I was doing RPE then I suppose I you could still go by that but if I'm doing % of max then my maxes will definitely have dropped over that period.

Any advice for this or any articles or shit that covers the topic?

And what type? Just some clean isolate curls?
Like these sitting ones where you lean back and have your arms stretched on each side then curl up?

but I'm fat

Do whatever you enjoy doing the most. Switch it up occasionally. It really doesn't matter all that much. I prefer seated supinating curls, but like I said, it doesn't really matter. BTW, for the reps recommendation, if you're going over 15-20, you're probably just wasting your time.

Closegrip and LTEs are great and you should do both.

>closegrip
Idk I feel them more on my chest than anything and it's also always on the edge with my shoulders, don't know if worth the risk.

Newbie here
what is 1/2/3/4 ?
what constitutes as "1 plate"

1 standard sized plate of food is usually about 3 lbs when completely full. Since the bar is 45 lbs, 1pl8 would be the bar and one plate on each side, i.e. 51 lbs. 2pl8 is 57 lbs and so on.

>what constitutes as "1 plate"
One of those round mass discs

plate of food? I dont understand

1 plate ohp, 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, 4 plate deadlift. Each number refers to the number of 45 lbs/20 kg plates on each side of the barbell.

Yes food. This is why fat people can lift more plates because they have bigger appetites.

welcome to /plg/ everyone here is fat and only think about food.

Thank you

Closegrip > LTEs

anything with large barbell that mimic actual bench press more > some assistance

also guys

what would you do with BARBELL OR BODYWEIGHT (dips excluded) after mine competition bench press for sets of 6-9

on other days you got ohp and cgbp

Hit 1plate for 4 reps today lads
First week at the gym, am I gonna make it?

pls be ohp

Please be barbell lat raises

>He does his lat raises with a barbell and not a SSB
Dyel detected

Yeah no. Anything without the limitations of having weight attached to a barbell is better for isolation.
For example dumbbell bench press is long proven to be a lot better for chest development than bb press.
Same for triceps and literally any other muscle.

There is a reason body builder train the way they do.

1pl8 is a 20kg bar with a 20kg plate on each side; 60kg
2pl8 is two 20kg plates on each side; 100kg, etc

x/x/x/x is overhead press/bench/squat/deadlift and a weight in pl8s.
1/2/3/4 is a common threshold for newbies to start being able to consider themselves reasonably strong.

Why not both?

I just preffer to go hard with one, not medicore with both.

Better tell me if you got 1 @8 you go for your 3RM for 1 or you go heavier to just feel it like @8? Cant tell

>he does his lat raises with a SSB and not with an entire squat rack

why even lift

Well on days when I do LTEs they come after OHP, and then either spoto press or CGBP. It's an accessory, so I'm not going to let the fact that it's there prevent me from trying hard on what I have before.

answer me for RPE thing you are one of more experienced RPE users here

Just lift. You are overthinking it. Feels hard, reset. Feels easy, go on. You are looking for an answer you already know user.

>takes squat to failure on his @8 single days
>more experienced RPE user

I don't understand your question.

That only happened twice, and both times was because I had shit bottom positioning.

Put your trip on twinklex.

When program says 1@8 you really go for stuff you hardly can do for 3 or you shit over it and do hard singles?

thanks you too

Are you talking about project momentum? It's just a single rep that you should feel like you can triple.

b-bbut when I watch thrall, a.z.b or jordan make theirs 1@8 singles they move really slow nearly like grinders

Some people can grind out many reps before giving up and some as soon as they start grinding it's their @10.

Thing with me its like im feeling its starting to get to slow and end it, when looking later at footage and its still solid fast not even a grinder really

RPE is rate of perceived exertion. If you perceive you can triple it, great it's @8, doesn't matter how fast it looks.

today at the gym

>chubby hapa dressed all in herbalife gear
>wearing an altitude training mask while he does sloppy 25lb cheat curls
>takes the mask off to breath in between sets of curls
>tries to "talk shop" with the trainers

where do they even come from, they're like aliens

tricep isolation will fuck your elbows eventually

>The slightly overweight middle aged dudes wearing skin tight Brazilian jujitsu gear and altitude masks who spend two hours making half assed attacks at the punching bag

Just realised the sleep aid I have been taking makes it hard for me to breath.

I thought I had fucking asthma

Thank god

>the sleep aid I have been taking makes it hard for me to breath

Breath through your nose when the dick is in your mouth, user. These are basics.

I don't get the joke

>Lower abdominals won't stop twitching

STAHP

>forgot eating, missed 3 meals
>11pm here have to get up early
>stuff in 3 meals
>feel like im going to explode
does anyone know some digestive aid pls help

>stuff in 3 meals
That's impressive

thanks but i might explode

gosh why didnt i just skip the third meal fuckkk

eat moar

Retarded question but will rack pulls fuck up a bar when the ROM is 2" or only if you drop it like a retard?

Don't really want to fuck up my only bar and buying another isn't an option.

Yes it will. Just set it down.

Lay on your left side and commit yourself to feeling like shit for a while.

just use 2" blocks!

go for a walk

well now the problem is i cant sleep if i lay down i feel like i need to barf

I mean 2" from lockout gonna try some meme trap shit

If I set it down, it won't fuck my bar?

Should be fine. Dropping will definitely fuck it up, I've seen guys do it at my gym, 5pl8 rack pull, he drops it and the thing just bends and it's fucked forever.

>try some meme trap shit
that will fuck your bar up guaranteed

Oh idk maybe I'll try power shrugs instead because deadlifts alone aren't enough for my traps vanity reasons desu

>squat over 5pl8 lowbar pain free
>try a cycle of high bar squats for off season training
>after a few weeks start getting pain and numbness in my left arm, originating in the bicep, during squats
>adjust grip in and out
>adjust where the bar sits in my hand
>adjust where specifically the bar sits on my upper traps

Nothing. I can low bar just fine, so I've gone back to that exclusively. I don't really need to high bar but it would be a nice variation to be able to throw in.

Also right arm is totally fine, no problems.

Any ideas?

Sounds like you had a heart attack and died

RIP in peace user

Getting back into squats

What can a long femur fag do to make squats not feel like a drop of doom every time

Can barely push 2 pl8s even when I was training it

R u supposed to get a lat pump from deadlifts? Or am I pulling too much with my back? I also control my eccentrics so that may be it hmm

>>after a few weeks start getting pain and numbness in my left arm, originating in the bicep, during squats
point your elbows downward when squatting that'll fix that

Unless your back rounds significantly you're not doing any sort of movement with your back.

provide a video

I had no idea. RIP me.

I'll have to take another look at this. I thought they were okay, but I have long ass arms. There's no telling where they're pointed when the weight gets heavy.

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk

>Improve ankle dorsifelxion
>get squat shoes
>widening your stance, within reason,

this will artificially shorten the femur length. From the side view a wider stance and a shorter femur look identical.

why am i getting a lat pump

it has something to do with the infraspinatus being tight and the elbows up instead of down creates some nerve pinching so thats why you feel it in the bicep

i had the exact same thing you just gotta force the elbows down and maybe grip a bit wider

bar is probably forward of midfoot

Best deadlift assistance

RDL
SLDL
Rack Pull
Pause
Deficit
Good morning

which one I should do and why

Someone talk to me please

whats the problem Sean

Where are you weak at?

its almost right next to me shins

You probably start with it too close, causing it to have to drift away from you.

getting off the ground or past mid shin, after this I end my lifts

darn i didnt know that could happened

Same, I do paused and deficits and they help the most.

The weights I started using in isolation were too heavy to be practical. Started worrying about muh joints

I started trying some new compounds like Dumbbell press for the tris

and you still no heel > heel shoes for squats?

I'm a genius

feeling tired

tired of life(ting)

I switched back to heels, but I switched to powerlifts because the heel from adipowers felt like too much.

Try putting them through the shoulder strap of your gym bag. They dry quickly.

I hope you're alright

ehh i figured out wl shoes and they're great for highbar but I feel like im 5kg weaker for lowbar in them and we build same

I will be, eventually.

I do care, user, I do care. Best of luck, here's hoping that day comes sooner than you expect.

Thank you user. Hopefully you will be able to reach your goals in life, lifting or otherwise.

Gotta crush those goals

>6x10 diddles at 75%
i want to die

Is this even possible??