TORONTO, CANADA

For the Canadians around, where do you lift?

I'm coming back home and I refuse to go back to crowded, corporate, GoodLife's scattered on every corner.

Where is a quiet gym with a barbell and a rower somewhere near downtown where I can oly-lift in peace?

You could probably lift at wherever that annoying omar guy lifts since he says he's in toronto and all he does is oly lifts and shit like that

Who is this specimen?

I'm achieving my goals at the YMCA

I dunno about others, but the squat racks at mine are pretty much always free
> Tfw OHP in the squat rack 'cause no one is waiting

There's nothing wrong with Goodlife. Get over yourself.

Yo buddy.

Go to Fortis. It's pretty far east but it's the best gym in the country.

Just google/ youtube Fortis.

Don't go to goodlife or Vive. You're smarter than that.

Can't say much about Fortis, but Vive is shit. I lasted one month at bloor/bathurst and had to quit.

I workout in my garage

kingston here

fuck this place

Is fit 4 less legit? Squat racks?

I peeked into the one at my city, as far as I could tell, no squat racks/power cages, just benches, smiths and cardio.

It also had an "oops" alarm, a bowl of tootsie rolls at the front desk and a poster advertising free pizza/bagel days throughout the month. I'm not lying, pretty much a pallet swapped PF

Liberty Village Goodlife

Pretty busy and stacked with instagram chicks and dude bros but overall not a bad place.

Fortis is sweet but to far.

Ryerson gym, just hit a 3 plate(135) weighted dip at 180
>Weighteddip.jpg

Torontonian here, I lift at Goodlife desu, it's busy in the evenings when everyone gets off work but they're usually clean and well equipped. My location doesn't have a platform or bumper plates but has everything else you need.

If you want a powerlifting gym try Torque Barbell. They're at Kipling/Dundas so not too close to downtown but it's an absolutely amazing gym with all the Oly/PL shit you can imagine. Plus the patrons store their gear in the fridges there if they're good with the owner kek

Other than that, U of T gym or like the other poster said, Ryerson gym. They're busy as fuck sometimes from what I hear but theyre amazing gyms

hey toronto tell veronica i'm still in love with her
this could be any of like 100 guys though ;_;

>It's pretty far east
>It's on the other side of the DVP
I was hoping it would be in Scarborough so I could be bothered to check it out.

I just go to Goodlife. Corporate plan gives me access to any gym in the country w/ towel service and all the perks. $400/year. Once you get a feel for a particular location and the optimal time to use it, it's the same as any other gym (minus bumper plates and platforms, at least in my experience).

How many guys does she love back?

all and none
she's a free spirit and too good for any of us

sounds like a real ho desu

you'd think so but no. maybe vaginally but her spirit is pure.

Honestly the Athletic Center at U of T is top notch. Plenty of rowers and lots of space. Weight room can get crazy busy and they have women only hours which are pretty much the worst.

It's also kind of expensive

>women only hours
Thank god my uni's administration never caved to these inane demands

isn't that 60 dollars a month for the fucking hipster gym?

>Toronto
>oly-lift
chang?

Good for you guys. If women want equality they should workout in the same room as men. Basically the weightroom shuts it's doors to 75% of it's members for an hour twice a day at peak times. Real equality is when neither side needs special treatment.

Just claim to be ~genderfluid~ and identify as a woman during the women only hours. They wouldn't dare question your gender identity like some common shitlords and if they do threaten a civil rights suit, problemo solved.

there a World Gym near you?
Im not in Toronto but mine is cheap 10$ a month after the admin fee bullshit on signing up.
but i think if you want to do oly-lift you gotta pay 20$ a month for the crossfit quarantine room. howeve for 10$ you get just about everything else in a gym you want.
I haven't experienced it when uni students are back yet tho

better yet, threaten to spray ~gender fluid~ all over the clean towels

Ironically, they would question my identity, call me a mansplainer, and bar me from the room for forever.

I live in Vaughan nigga and I lift at home, got all the basic shit except squat rack cuz fuck legs XDDDDDDDDDDDddddddddddd

>hearty kek

im making gains at ymca, i considered moving to goodlife because its a bit cheaper but i had a tour of one location and really wasnt impressed. each ymca location downtown has a fairly different vibe to it, central is the only one with a dip belt. if you see the only guy there with strong weighted calisthenics come say whats up!

Lifted at the Y while I was back for the summer. Went early afternoons and almost never had to wait for a piece of equipment. It was great and had what I needed, even if there were no oly platforms.

>women only hours
Jesus Toronto, why do you always make us look so bad?

Whats wrong with goodlife? I signed up at a 24 hour one and theres barely any one there. The only problem is their dumbells go up to 100lbs only. But they have bumper plates for oly lifts so I cant complain.

I go to a shitty GoodLife in Toronto in the east end, coxwell and Gerard. It's pretty small, but very quiet and all the equipment you could ever need

Recently moved to Brampton and the only gym within walking distance from my house is anytime fitness. I checked the prices online and they are steep God dammit. I usually work out at yorku anyway so might not even sign up for anytime fitness.

Any vancouver island bros around? I go to viu

U of T gym in Scarborough is a god send, but its in Scarborough so stay safe

Honed Fitness near Yonge and Bloor is solid

Mainland and I go to city rec centres. I want to move to the island and have a big home gym and some chickens though desu.

There's a small gym on Dupont, West of Bathurst, beside that zoom-boom rental place and opposite the lights to get into the Loblaws.

They have what looks like 4 complete Oly sets, and a bunch of other Cross fit things in there. Might be worth checking out.