DO YOU COUNT THE BAR OR NOT

DO YOU COUNT THE BAR OR NOT

only dyels insecure about the amount of weight they lift count the bar

Yes. You're lifting it. C'mon man.

>counting the bar and the first 45 plate
>shiggy diggy

No and I've said this shit in multiple threads before too. The bar is only there to support the weight you are lifting. It literally doesn't matter if you use a 45lb barbell, a 35lb barbell, or a 25lb barbell because the bar is only there to support the actual weight you are lifting. If you don't believe me try benching 2pl8 on a 45lb barbell then compare it to a 25b barbell. You will not notice a difference.

Trolls

Correct

When talking pounds or newtons yes. When talking plates no.

why would you not count it?? thats 45 lbs you're just not gonna count???

It actually depends on the exercise. In the case of squats and deadlifts the bar counts, but it doesn't count for bench and ohp because the bar is using more of a supporting role.

1/2/3/4 is the entry level standard so nothing counts below that. When people talk about what they lift it usually is the amount over that. So someone who says they "bench 230" is really saying they bench 225 (the entry level minimum, the 2 in 1/2/3/4) plus 230 pounds.

Similarly, those who say they squat 2 plate are saying they squat two plates more than 315. That is, 405 total.

See how it works?

you dont eat the fork when you eat food

I'm in love.
And that's not just my penis talking.

you don't actually count any weight at all until you have at least 2pl8 on each side

>he uses a bar to lift
>he doesn't hold the plates directly with his hands

see? this guy confirms what i'm saying. any veteran lifter gym rat can tell you this. don't fall for the fake news spread by other newbs.

>i lift my arms as well therefore i should add their weight to my bench total too

I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE BAR OR ITS WEIGHT

THATS RIGHT FUCK THE GODDAMNED BAR

Nigger lover

>I have to push my upperbody up when I squat so I'm going to count that too.

Doesn't work like that

rofl are people going to account for weight of sweatband next? lmao. fucking noobs

>I'm lifting the weight on the bar therefore I should add it too
Lmao brainlets

When doing a squat you should actually count your bodyweight, you are squatting it too.

When people say they squat 2 plates, it takes into account the bar, your bodyweight and the plates.

2 plates = 90lb
bar = 45lb
90 + 45 + bw(let's suppose 175lb) = 310lb

So 2 plates it's actually not only 90lb but 310lb. Most people here don't know much because they are usually < 6 months of lifting and after that they quit lifting but keep shitposting, but I've been doing it for a long time and I know what I'm talking about.

The olimpic bar has 20kg/45lbs and it counts for every exercise that is used for, the weight counts in competitions/olimpic/powerlifting.

The math won't come out right unless you use the appropriate Exertion Factor.

Take your years lifting and current weight, then index it on the Shiko table to find the right multiplier to use on the final result. Careful, factor is different for pounds and kg. Link is in the sticky.