Keto Tread

Ive been in keto for about 3 months now, Im 6'0 and started at 260 (atm 200). what are your experiences with low carb diets?

i usually can stick with it for like 3 days then binge on pizza.

Keto is only good for cutting and for triggering half of Veeky Forums

I have been on a diet consisting of carrots, spinach, kale, and chicken breast. It's been 4 weeks and I have lost four pounds. Where the fuck is my ketosis.

Nothing in that image is keto

Good shit OP. I' 6'1 so basically same height but started keto at 301, now I hit 191. I wanna hit 170 before clean bulking. I'm also going to lean bulk on keto, 125 Protein 250 Fat and under 20 Carbs potentially.
Might be the Carrots.

Day 15, lost 80lbs previously on a balanced diet, last 15 days I've lost 14lbs (no doubt a fair bit of water weight) and feel better/less hungry plus intermittent fasting isn't as horrible. So yes, highly recommend from my limited experience.

I do low carb on rest days. Dont really need the energy, and i love not being bloated on a cut.

I eat 8 ounces steamed carrots per day. Is that seriously too much?

Shouldn't be, 8 ounces of carrot has 22g carbs but subtracting fiber gives you around 15 net carbs. With the other leafy greens you're eating it's easy to imagine you'd go over 20g a day. Now you absolutely must stay under 20g a day for the few weeks but after your body becomes fat adapted you can increase the carbs because your body will quickly dispense the carbs and go back to ketosis. Your issue also might be too much protein, usually on keto diets not that much protein is needed, only eat enough to maintain your muscle mass, and don't be afraid to increase the fat. Mayonnaise, ranch, Caesar dressing, avocados, walnuts, almonds, natural peanut butter, coconut oil, etc.

I had to quit keto for a week because of social reasons and now that I run on carbs again, I feel like shit, my mind feels weaker and I can't fucking wait to get on keto again lads

>
I eat 1 pound chicken breast per day, plus whey isolate for a total of 200 protein. I get my fats from fish oil supplements.

I was trying to maintain my lifts while cutting, but I guess I can try leaving out the carrots. Can I replace them with something else?

Keto is a high fat diet, around 60-75% of your calories should be fats. Just fish oil supplements is not enough.

Too much protein. Too little fat.
Don't be afraid to eat more fat dude, you'll have much more energy and won't gain weight.

bro, with that diet you are in ketoacidosis. did you measure your ketone level?

try adding bulletproof coffee or fat bombs to your diet, great way to hit your marcos.

been on it for about 3 weeks, pretty good but i cant gain weight

dont know what to eat

and for triggering heart disease

So I just had my meal (OMAD) and thought I'd share it so to give you guys trying keto an idea of what to eat and how much.

Here I got 300g of lean beef and 50g of mushrooms cooked in 10g olive oil.
10 Hot dogs (always check carb content).
4 eggs with a splash of fresh organic milk cooked in 15g butter.
100g cabbage.
50g pickles.
Keto coffee with cinnamon and 5g of cocoa and 100ml heavy cream.
30g of creamy caesar dressing.

Totals 150.4F/151.5P/16.5C

but keto is low in carbohydrates, stupid

2 much protein

maybe if you're a manlet

ebin bait friendo

how many calories is that? seems like a fuckton for one meal

also isnt keto

God damn this is fucking disgusting. Not a surprise that only obese people do keto since no regular human being would be willing or able to eat such a repulsive assembly of slop

He it was his OMAD you brainlet.

I'm normal weight haha
stay butthurt

drop the carrots. switch with steamed brocolli instead, maybe?

i've been experimenting with 3 day minimal-carb/1 day high-carb cycles and it seems to be pretty effective, but my only issue is being noticeably low-energy on my low carb days.

will probably just go back to normal macro proportions after this cycle, it was working anyways. the whole keto/pseudoketo thing seems like a solution if i run in to problems later.

After inducing gallbladder issues on a low fat diet I've swapped to more of a "balanced" diet with some of the carbs replaced with more fat and protein, I wouldn't say its full blown keto though. At the very least low carb > low fat.

I'm very low carb, but ketosis isn't my goal in particular. If I'm in it cool, though.

Its been easier giving up all my favorite foods than I expected. Which is good because this may be a long term lifestyle change for me.

I'm 6'4 but that doesn't change anything
Keto = 75% fat
You're eating too much protein and you're not in ketosis

I'll pee on a stick and prove it in a bit. But do know that keto for weightloss is not 75% fat. for me what works (and keeps me in ketosis) is 65/30/5 during a cut and 80/17/3 when bulk.

F: 150.4g = 1353.6 kcals = 66.8 %
P: 151.5g = 606 kcals = 29.9 %
C: 16.5g = 66 kcals = 3.2 %

Total kcals: 2025.6
If you calculate percentages by energy, not by weight, you get that his fats are within the 60-75% range for ketosis.

lmao I thought that guy knew that already and was referring to the 8% discrepancy in fat

The energy of the food he gets the fat from doesn't matter, it matters that he ate more actual grams of protein than fat

How the fuck did you eat 10 hot dogs without carbs?
Is this a ruse?

>People manage ton convince themselves this is healthy

This is the power of cognitive dissonance kid .

It was great for losing a lot of weight. I lost 120 lbs doing it, but I feel like it's hard to get that much fat when I have issues with dairy, so now I just eat veg, fruit and meat while I have carbs sometimes.

Eating stuff that grows underground and not tracking your carbs. Gee, I wonder what is holding you up.

To the niggas that doubted my 150g protein intake
Fugg u

What are some good keto vegetarian meals?? I eat a lot of eggs w spinach.

Not enough fat.

70% fat
25% protein
5% carbs

No. More. Migraine.

DOBBY IS A FREE ELF

1g net carbs per 100g
230g total weight of hotdogs have 2.3g net carbs
the chicken and turkey variants have more potato starch and such and are like 3.5g net carbs per 100g so I went with beef.
hey man like whatever suits you I feel pretty fuggen good on this
yeah eggs are fantastic
cheeses too
avocadoes are awesome
most nuts
natural peanut butter has 49g fat 26g protein 7g net carbs per 100g
checkout ruled(dot)me and filter to vegetarian recipes

green beans in a cream cheese/powdered dried mushroom sauce