Have any anons fucked with bi or polyphasic sleep...

Have any anons fucked with bi or polyphasic sleep? According to the info "studies show" that it isn't any more harmful than monophasic sleep, you get the idea

What would you even do with all that additional time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-24-hour_sleep–wake_disorder
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We go to bed around 9. I usually wake up around midnight and read or go sit and watch the fish tank. The boyfriend if he wakes up will putz around on facebook. I'll usually go back to sleep around 2

fuck off whore

sweet sweet summertime sadness.

please go to

fuck off whore

Uberman looks like a basketball

>implying that's a grill

I feel like I've always lived a biphasic siesta life. I take naps usually when I get home from class or at my in-laws because it's so warm and cozy.

Now that my classes start later in the day I've been staying up until 3AM studying, sleep until 7:30AM, stay awake until 6PM, nap until 9PM, and start all over. I don't do that on the weekends so maybe that's why I still feel groggy but I've always been a night owl so it's either that or i don't study at all.

I get like 5 hours of sleep, wake up and dick around on my phone for like 3 minutes, wake up with drool on my cheek 15 minutes later not remembering falling back asleep, repeat the last 2 steps until 5 more hours pass, then get up.

Where are you getting those studies from? As far as I remember the last study showed that polyphasic sleep is worse than regular sleeping, right? That's when the meme died back in 2013.

uberman looks like u gonna die very early

8 sleep, 8 work, 8 play.

I think i read somewhere that kind of sleeping habit is extremely unhealthy

I did uberman for about 3 months a few years back.

I felt pretty drained for at least the first month, which is to be expected I'm sure. Workouts really suffered. Cognitive power was definitely decreased.

I did start to get used to it though. In my relatively short attempt at it I'm not sure I got the full effects -- I was probably still adapting after 3 months. As it was, it wasn't bad. Not great. I think it was still having a negative effect on workouts at the 3 month point.

After 3 months I had various things come up that would keep getting in the way of my set sleep times. Classes and juicy poker tables and such. Once I started missing one of two of those 20 minute naps I went downhill very quickly. After dragging myself through it for a few extra days and feeling horrible 24/7 I crashed and slept for about 16 hours.

If I had a really flexible work schedule I'd like to give it another go. I think it has potential. Butt you can't let things get in the way of it if you wan nbn it to work.

Even if you die years earlier following uberman you may have had considerably longer time awake and conscious in your life.

How the fuck is anyone with a job able to have a quick nap every couple of hours?

From what I've read about it, it sounds like the main problem is that trying to stick to polyphasic sleep goes directly against your circadian rhythm and so is extremely confusing for your brain leading to not sleeping properly. However I do not seem to have any Circadian rhythm whatsoever, never have. My sleep cycles are like if we evolved on a planet with a slightly longer day, so it winds up progressing to points where I sleep like a log during the day and get up in the night time. Even when I have to get up for school or work I usually go to sleep as soon as I get home and get up at like 2AM naturally. So I think I might give it a shot, I'll read into it more though because sleeping only 2 hours a day sounds too good to be true. And like it would fuck with gains.

The part I have trouble with is the idea of actually falling asleep. Idk about the rest of you, but when I lie down I don't fall asleep immediately even if I am dead tired. So the idea of dropping for like a 30 minute nap is crazy, it'd be twenty minutes of lying and ten minutes maybe of sleep.

The reason it has a negative effect on your workouts is because the vast majority of the body's restorative functions happen during NREM sleep, including building and rebuilding muscle, while the Uberman cycle is designed to be 100% REM sleep.

I was the same before I tried it. Probably made the adaptation take longer, but after the first few days I was able to fall asleep near instantly when it was time to.

Natural circadian rhythm for humans is on a slightly longer than 24hr schedule. It's about a half hour to an hour longer.

Apparently there's a name for what I'm describing and it's not just me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-24-hour_sleep–wake_disorder

I know someone who tried it. He was a skeletal grad student living on ramen and oreos. He actually kept it up for a few months, it apparently wasn't as much of a struggle as he thought it would be. But he got really sick after about 3 months and had to stop.

Its probably for dyels

Lol nigger everyone's gay here fuck off normie

Roastie get out

other studies show that you need the full sleep to get gains

"studies" aimed at normies don't take muscle building into account

Why would you decide your sleep like that and still sleep 7.5 hours a day, no wonder you feel groggy, you said your classes start late so why not sleep from 3 to 11am or something

Fuck off

>play

don't you mean...

>commuting
>administrative bullshit
>social obligations
>fighting to better yourself
>personal projects
>existential angst

my sleep goes all around the clock without pattern fuckin yolo man i no tired or stressed like i used to be

i bet living in dark space is like this

based whore poster