For long term health you shouldn't deadlift and you shouldn't back squat

For long term health you shouldn't deadlift and you shouldn't back squat

Front squats are much easier on your back and give you greater hypertrophy

Enjoy your weakness

>front squats
And put all that pressure on my knees? I don't think so. Highbar oly squats with raised heel, as upright as possible and as low as possible while keeping a neutral back.

>Front squats are much easier on your back

>Front squat as a substitute to deadlift

Trap bar deadlift is a safe substitute and actually trains your spinal erectors. You gotta substitute conventional deadlift with deadlift variations, not with squats.

t. has never done heavy front squat single

>give you greater hypertrophy

[citation needed]

t. has never done heavy anything

what do u do to work the lower back then? ive noticed my back does feel sore after a workout sometimes, it shouldnt feel sore. its only on the lower back workout, and all i do is deadlift, except i just use a single dumbell that has 35 pounds on it. i do like 3 sets of 16 reps, i think i am doing too many reps.

the thing is when you dead lift, like that with the weight perpendicular to you, you are also lifting all of your upper body and head, so its even more weight.

im doing like this except with a dumbell not kettle bell

There's no difference in hypertrophy, or muscle activation between front squats and back squats. Just a change in leverages due to rack position creating a mechanical advantage for your hips in back squats. The only noticable difference is under high intensity loads your thoracic erectors are used more in front squats and your lumbar erectors are used more in back squats.

There's nothing wrong with squatting or deadlifting in general. They are the human body's two most basic movements.

Should I listen to stuff like this?
I've been lifting seriously for 2 weeks and just got to 2pl8 deadlift but am constantly worried that I'm fucking my back up
I spent a long time learning good form and i'm pretty sure my form is on point but it still scares me that I'm just ruining my back in the longrun

>loading up 150kg on your back
>human body's basic movement

let's not act retarded on purpose

You act like that's a lot of weight.

Squatting and deadlifting are two things humans were built to do. If you want overall body strength and awareness, and to lessen your chance of getting injured doing physical activity you should squat and deadlift.

back extensions. hip thrust also hits my back pretty hard but its not the primary mover obv

personally i dont think its possible to "ruin" your back as long you are doing a correct weight. which should be like nothing pounds if you are just starting. doing bad form like twisting your back while you lift or doing jerky motions will fuck u up.

The lift comes from you legs and hip flexors. If you using you back and not doing Romanian you will eventually hurt yourself.

That's only if you use bad form with weights that are beyond your ability.
>cars are bad for, jump in front of one on the highway and you could die!

In any deadlift your spinal erectors and lats only act as stabilizers, never ever should they do any sort of movement.

>Front squats are much easier on your back
but they're not...

hip extensors, mate, not hip flexors.

minor detail, but the erectors do extend the lumbar spine slightly near lockout.
this is even if you lift with a back as neutral as possible throughout.

Not gonna lie boys squats and deadlifts terrify me

Im approaching 3 and 4 plate for reps and injuring my lower back is like my worst nightmare. My form is very good but I still don't think perfect form protects you against injury.

I'm tempted to drop conventional deadlifts altogether (and do Romanian) and just focus on high rep front squats instead of back squats

front squats have higher chance of thoracic spinal injury, especially if you do them high rep.
if you wanna minimize chance of spinal injury on squats, do highbar squats with oly shoes.
instead of conventional deadlifts, do SLDLs or RDLs with a moderate to wide stance.
do them from blocks or a rack instead of off the floor.

best protection of lumbar spine is to focus on core pressure and control, not just focus on arching the lower back.

35 pounds? get outta here

i feel an uncomfortable sensation in my midback when i deadlift. pretty sure my form is solid. good lat activation, spine errectors, straight back. what could be the cause of this? muscle imbalances? its weird because my back felt great when my form was dogshit and would round my back, but now it feels really off on my midback. i have garbage leverages if that matters.

post a video

will post later today if bread isnt dead. will start a new thread if not

When I had to get custom orthotics for my flat feet I asked the physical therapist if long term squatting and deadlifting was a problem and he said as long as you have a neutral spine and stay flexible you're fine. He said if you maintain a neutral spine, even if you manage to injure yourself it won't be a disc herniation but rather something less serious like a hamstring tear.

Form should be your #1 priority if you want to do those lifts long term, he also said there's no reason to go below parallel on a squat unless your sport explicitly requires it, and that it's the "bouncing" of changing directions quickly in the squat that causes knee stress. Paused or box squats are better for your knees as a result although they are harder.

>he also said there's no reason to go below parallel on a squat
>Paused or box squats are better for your knees as a result although they are harder
neither of those are true.

>it's the "bouncing" of changing directions quickly in the squat that causes knee stress
that's not accurate either.

Neither of you provided sources though the probability of a physical therapist understanding the subject matter better than a random person on the internet is high.

you didn't ask for a source.

here's one:
www.lookgreatnaked.com/articles/the_biomechanics_of_squat_depth.pdf

yeh they arent

>i'm a little bitch who fears doing anything difficult so i'll try to convince other people to be a pussy wuss like me so i can feel better about myself

>needing to sumo deadlift a 35lb weight
lmao

I've done your mom

Boy there sure are a lot of fuckboy threads today

To nitpick that study does actually say that at full depth theoretically you are increasing your chance of injury just not that of the knee joint which is at most risk for parallel squatting.

Though a partial knee replacement due to cartilage destruction has less recovery time than a PCL replacement that's for sure.

>implying
You couldn't lift my fat as fuck mum you DYEL twinkboi