Scared of the Gym

Help me Veeky Forums my old border collie (17) just passed away and now that I'm done grieving I've noticed I have a ton of time now that I'm not taking care of her with my every waking moment. I want to go to the gym that's up the street for me since it's a steal at 10 dollars a month, but every time I decide to do it I get this nasty paranoid fear of going in and talking to the teller and worry about how the place is set up or some shit.

Why the fuck am I scared of going to the gym? Have any of you ever had this issue? I've never been to the gym before help me out here.

the fact that youre crying over a dog shows youve got bigger issues on your plate than being scared to go to the gym

Are you seriously saying that grieving for a deceased pet is abnormal.

that edge almost cut me

why would you wait 17 years to kill and eat your dog? Seems like a waste of effort.

I bet you're greiving over the fact that user probably didn't eat it and let the corpse go to waste arent ya chinky?

It's anxiety because going to the gym is the first step on a long journey of self improvement who's destination can't be seen.

Just do what I did and take the edge off the anxiety with a few shots of liquor and learn the ins and outs of the gym. Pretend like it's hogwarts but instead of becoming a permavirgin wizard you become a slayermode chad

>Why the fuck am I scared of going to the gym?
Probably because you feel like shit anyways. When you grief nothing really seems fun and you don't really do a lot of risk taking. In two to three months you'll probably look forward to it. It's a fun place and it's a lot of fub to lift more weights than last time and to see changes in your body happening

Condolences on the dog, user

Is this 10 dollar gym Planet Fitness? I guess everyone has to start somewhere. We were all in your position before, read the sticky and pick a routine, ask questions in Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread, go to the gym, ask for a tour, and when you sign up if you have any questions, ask

Get swole for your barker

Youre afraid because most these meatheads will pick on you and laugj at you for even trying to be apart of their gym.

wow you're so cool and edgy, so le Veeky Forums

and you've obviously never been close to a dog of your own

Dogs live on average for 13 years. Why would you allow yourself to get close to something you know will die after barely a decade? Seems stupid and pointless. It's a fucking animal. It's not your child. You didn't give birth to it. You paid someone money and then stole it away from its mother and treated it like your own property. Quit acting like you're better than someone because you cared about your animal slave. You're the kind of faggot who thinks it's ok to eat cows and chickens but not dogs, are you? I would eat your dog.

@the nob above me
You must be 18 or a Veeky Forums gold user to recieve (you)s

Ow the edge

Damn

I was always scared to join the gym too. Not going to lie, signing up and going the first few times was scary, but once you get comfortable with the lifts, it becomes a natural habitat for an autist.

alri ahmed

@42788299
@42789606
there's always one

People going to tell you you're a pussy but probably 70% if all people feel/felt that way

Ay I'll say it again tough guy, you've obviously never been close to a dog of your own.

Sasuke pls

Btw, do you have a Tumblr I can follow? Your cringe is pretty high grade and I'd like to see more of it. You remind me of the goths and neckbeards in high school.

I was, but it was still just a dog.

Spoiler alert - according to anyone who actually does science (sorry, theology is not science) we are animals as well, just a tiny bit more sophisticated than the ones that surround us.

the only time i'm not interested in making fun of how gay and womanly it is to have a dog is when someone is crying about losing his dog. i'm sorry bro.

>gay and womanly to have a dog

i mean yeah but do you do that with your dog?
or do you give your dog cuddles and have a weird manufactured relationship with it in which you assign it emotions it doesn't really have?

Get someone to go with you. I managed to go because I started going with my friend, and now I can go by myself no problem.

If you have bad vision, don't use your glasses at the gym so you can't see anything. That way you can focus on yourself.

You think soldiers don't cuddle with their dogs and have "weird manufactured relationships with in in which they assign it emotions it doesn't really have"?

what do i do once i get in? i don't want to look like a fool

I mean, some of them do. But I think Trump's trying to get those soldiers discharged.

meh I'm tired of arguing with weirdos for the day you can feel that way if you want

oh look a person who doesnt understand pet ownership because he lacks basic empathy
i bet you look like michael vick, right?

>look like michael vick
i wonder what that means

thanks. sorry for busting your balls bro. i love dogs too but you have to admit it's pretty gay. hope calling you gay made you feel better about your dog dying.

Just fucking
No one cares how you look, how weak you are, or anything
You just go in, train, and leave. Someday you'll have the courage to talk to regulars and make friends with them

yeh I used to be, its all in your head. If taking to the receptionist is really that hard for you have a couple of beers or something before you go in. Or some shots so you dont smell like beer.

If you dont know how to use equipment or do exericses with free weights look at it on youtube

Oh it's just one of those vegan fags. And here I was worried

I forgot to say go

No human can make a better companion than a good doggo.

Ya it is. The whole idea of a pet is weak. Animals are for work or food.

If it's emotionless, can I fuck my pet? Or is that still weak? If it helps, I beat the pet afterwards for being a slut.

End of the day, most people in the gym either don't care what other people are doing or don't know what the fuck they're doing themselves.

As with anything in a public space, there will be people that judge you, but who fucking cares. If someone approaches you, they most likely just want to try and help, even if they're a blithering idiot that doesn't know what they're talking about.

If you want to avoid dudebros just go early in the morning. In my experience all the douche bags are at the gym mid afternoon and later. Mornings it's just people that want to work out and go to work.

Shitskin detected. Only Europeans value the companionship of man's best friend the doggo. We created them from the wolves after all.

Fixing one thing in my post:
Only Europeans and the Japanese.
For some reason, the Japanese are the only non European race that also loves doggers and treats them well.

Is that a malinois?

Not true. Rural and mountainous regions of India adore and worship doggos

Dogs occupy a special place inHindu mythology. As mentioned in theMahabharata,Bhairava, a fierce manifestation ofLord Shiva,had a dog as avahana(vehicle).Yama, the god of death, is believed to own two guard dogs – each with four eyes. The dogs are said to watch over the gates ofNaraka, the Hindu concept ofHell.

Sure, ok, but Arabs and Negroes are soulless creatures that enjoy watching innocent animals like dogs suffer. The Chinks too.