Is biking worth it for cardio? I tried once, but my chain kept coming off and couldnt get it back on...

Is biking worth it for cardio? I tried once, but my chain kept coming off and couldnt get it back on. Seems like you cant be a brainlet and do it, can you?

anyone pls

pls help this user

?????

>cardio

cookie

cutter

The only reason to ride a bike is to get to a gym

and yet Lenny does cardio for prep

You can consider riding to the gym as prep cardio

It depends if you have time and money to spare.

Biking is less demanding per mile than other forms of cardio such as running, jumping rope, or swimming (unless you are consistently pedalling uphill). Therefore you must cycle for a longer amount of time to get the same amount of cardiovascular exercise.

A decent bike will cost some money. If you are serious about biking you should get a bike from a respected bike manufacturer (Giant, Specialized, Trek, Fuji etc), second hand bikes can be found on craigslist for ~$100. If you want a new bike it could be around ~$400. Bikes also have components that break and wear down over time. They need maintenance like a car, albeit less expensive. If your current bike has the chain failing off and you can't fix it, you could take it to your local bike shop and see if they will fix it for cheap. I wouldn't call someone who doesn't understand bike parts a brainlet, you're just new to bikes.

If you want cardio that is "worth it" buy a jump rope. It's $10 and it is an incredible workout in a short amount of time. Running requires a decent pair of shoes, you can find them for ~$50-$150. You can run for 10-30 minutes and get a great cardio workout depending on your experience level and pace.

Good luck buddy.

>Biking is less demanding per mile than other forms of cardio such as running, jumping rope, or swimming (unless you are consistently pedalling uphill).
Pedal faster retard. No form of cardio is more "demanding" than another. All cardio comes down to effort. Didn't read the rest of your post as I'm sure it's more stupid drivel.

>jogging is as demanding sprinting

>running is as demanding as running
Correct. You said something stupid. Are you going to own up to it or post more retarded shit to save face?

Swimming is to GOAT cardio, if you do cardio without resistance and without using your arms you're never gonna make it

ehhh yeah a ten mile ride is about enough, or 5 mile sprint there and back. If you're on a cut you might ride a little. That's what I do anyway.

>Help I need to get to work, is carring worth it?
>Help I need to use public transport is bussing worth it?
>Help I need don't have any methods of transport to move from A to B, is footing worth it?
>Help I need to into grammar, is fucking learning how to use the English fucking language worth it?
>Bicycle
>Cycling
>On foot
>walking
>Car
>Driving

Spastics can't even into properly.

>what is "less demanding per mile"

t. Brainlet

I feel like cycling is about as tiring as running. Of course you'd have to go for longer distances but idk if a good workout on a bike really requires more time than running.

if your heart rate is as high as during a run it's the SAME cardiovascular work , offcourse your body will not adapt in the same way to both since they're different movement / have different impact .

the last part of your post is correct

the short answers is yes. chain should not keep coming off, if it does there is something wrong and it needs to be fixed

I hate running and for me i could never get to the point where i could just run for an hour without feeling like dying. I still wanted to do cardio so i bought a road bike and was surprised to see that i could ride for 45 minutes without much effort. My main sport is climbing but 90 minute rides don't take any effort at all. I also like to pack some food and drink on longer rides and visit some cool places that i normally wouldn't go to.

>Pic related. Stats from one of my rides

>Therefore you must cycle for a longer amount of time

Retard.

Also if road biking seems boring, you can try mountain biking. Depending on what kind of trails you have near you(if any) mountain biking can be almost like HIIT. Atleast where i live i have a lot of hills and trails with lots of rocks and roots so riding them is constant struggle to get on top of the hill(usually my heart rate is like 180-190 bpm on the way up lol) and when blasting them down. Fun as hell!

Mountain biking is goat cardio senpai

What a dumb looking goat, lmao.

Nice mountains there I see you really put the bike to its intended use.

Nigga it's in my driveway

>Mountain biking is goat

>brand new bike
YEAH BRO GOAT BRO

>brand new bike
What makes you think its new?

Not a single trace of use. It's either new or you just ride it on the pavement

If you bicycle any decent you will burn more calories than any of those activities listed. Swimming in particular burns like half the calories. And most people can't run or jump rope longer than like 5-10min. Biking is also much easier on your joints

>multiple cracks in the driveway
>overexposed picture, not hdr
>stray cat smelling tire

get your shit together

Just got it back from the bike shop bro, had em clean it while it was there. Looks new because I wiped out and had to replace pretty much every drivetrain related.