Hey guys. I'm a relatively new lurker, this is my first post...

Hey guys. I'm a relatively new lurker, this is my first post. I'm fat and very unfit though for the past year I've been eating properly and lost a good bit of weight.
Anyway, I saw an advertisement for an 8 week Brazilian jiu jitsu course and signed up. It starts in 2 and a half weeks. How fucked am I? I literally can't do 10 pushup but I want to get fit and learn to defend myself. What should I expect on my first class? Crazy warm ups? How can i get slightly fitter between now and the first class in 2.5 weeks? I have really low self esteem and I am very shy. I will literally work out every night if u can give me the best exercises. The only things I have are dumbells and a barbell. I'd really appreciate you guys help and advice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1HVnzOFWQDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BJJ is good shit, you'll work up a good sweat. Every school is going to be different with how they train but from what i've seen there all supportive of there students and Bjj has a incredible douche bag filler. for losing weight cyclically. lots of girls do bjj to cause muh self defense, sleeping with them is never really that hard there

start working your cardio, running if you're not too heavy is best.

i'd be more worried about having my nose broken and killing my joints. have fun!

I'm shitting myself. I'm not fit and I'm not a fighter but I want to be both

hnnnng
BJJ is a meme look at Yoel Romero a wrestler demolish a BJJ black belt Jacare Souza.

Mackenzie is so fuckin hot jesus christ

He was only in that position because Yoel rocked him with a spinning backfist.

Also, the early UFC's proved that PURE wrestling is inferior to PURE BJJ in a fight to the death.Furthermore, Romero is a mixed martial artist and has trained extensively in BJJ submission defense.
Back to watching YouTube highlight reels, you fucking casual.

Sup user

Are you fucking retarded of course pure wrestling is shit in an MMA fight.

Knees to the face for the double leg, resting top mounts can turn into armbars or triangle choke.

Pure Wrestling > Pure BJJ faggot.

Joining bjj is probably one of the best things you can do to get in shape. Work on cardio before if you want, but if it's a legit bjj class you're gonna get reked no matter what.

Your posts contradicts it self in back to back sentences. You take a little too much head trauma there, Brenden?

I urge you to watch the early UFC matches. The sport did exist before McGregor came around. You know that, right?

>Pure Wrestling > Pure BJJ faggot.

lol no

>I just signed up for a gym membership. How do I get fit before I go to the gym?

BJJ is a great workout in and of itself. It'll suck, but it'll be great at the same time. You'll also learn a good thing or two about how your body works.

>You'll also learn a good thing or two about how your body doesn't work.
fixed

Do cardio. If you're fat you're gonna get rekt one way or another, but improving your cardio will help you get through it

It's true.
Sorry little buddy.

>YO BRO WHAT THE FUCK LETS GO RIGHT NOW
>O-oh ok
>*gets on the floor in guard position*
>"dawg WHAT the FUCK are you doing haha come on guys lets get out of here fucking loser"

Meanwhile on the wrestlers altercation
>YO BRO WHAT THE FUCK LETS GO RIGHT NOW
>Lets go bitch
>*underhooks transition to body lock then suplex*
>yeah bitch ass mofucka go to sleep night night nigga
... Yeah you're retarded lmao most BJJ don't have that impact to KO someone real quick where wrestlers do.

If you got someone in an armbar someone gonna smash you in the fucking face while you're setting it up like the dyel you are.

Suplex a nigga and he's gone.

Except that Royce Gracie is direct evidence that BJJ is the more effective grappling art.

You have brain damage. Get choked out one too many times there, kiddo?

They aren't gonna kick you out of the gym for coming in bad shape. You're paying to be there, they are gonna train you and give you advice from your own personal starting point.

Also BJJ on the mat has basically 0% risk of injury since it's based around being humble and tapping out when the other person gets the submission. Pride is what breaks bones, and refusing to tap.

Great argument and no the worst that's ever happened to me was a cut open ear and flash knockdown from a left hook.

Only got choked out from some fat fuck and next time I met him I tripped him and Ko'd him in literally 3 elbows.

Wow! That sure is crazy, mister!

Got anymore stories for us? Tell us all about how you became the baddest man in town!

Do you honestly think I'm lying i've choked out people too before and I'm a white belt in BJJ.

Give me 5 minutes to find a video of me choking out a black dude in my timbs.

I don't think anything about you really. I think you're a fucking idiot, but that's about it.

>Trying to make BJJ look bad
>Example leads to no fight because no one wants to walk into your guard

That said, they do teach you takedowns in BJJ for gi and no-gi. At my gym we have wrestlers that teach takedowns to apply to BJJ also. Both have pretty good synergy.

Got raped in japan and was such a salty bitch about it he wouldn't even shake the mans' hand.
No one respected his ass after that shit.

Well, it would be different if he was allowed to kick from his back. It would also be different is Yoel could kick him too. Jacare also lasted longer than he would have if he didn't have a guard. I imagine an effective MMA fighter would be looking for a way to get back up to his feet in a situation like that.

What makes you think that any single martial art would be useful in professional MIXED martial arts where an elite level opponent like Yoel Romero has experience using your style and more (and steroids)?

Your experience will probably look more like this than a main event in the UFC octagon
youtube.com/watch?v=1HVnzOFWQDU

Your the type of cunt who only rolls with girls, or tries to 'give them pointers'

This is one of the only threads I've been on here where I'm confident I have more information than anyone else posting here. Holy shit you are all retarded.

Anyway op, I've been training BJJ over a year. It's an unbelievably welcoming environment, and pretty soon you will most likely start to become addicted to it.
Gets you in great shape and blows your mind literally on a daily basis.

- a 2 stripe white belt under several brown and black belt world champions.

Most of all, enjoy it!

>fight to the death

What ufc were you watching lad?

Are you ok?

It does.
Still BJJ is nothing to be laughed at.
And it still comes down to the practioner.

what do you think of wrestling? I've never done either and have to decide.
Never done any combat sport, but I'm fairly strong fit and flexible 6ft2. Would that give me a larger advantage in wrestling or BJJ?
I really don't want to get injured. Is wrestling more dangerous than BJJ?

>Early ufc

An event where the fighters we're specifically chosen to make the Gracie's look good made bjj look amazing. It's like saying North Korea is a paradise watch this video made for Kim jong un

I been doing bjj for 3 years and basically you will ruin your joints eventually. lol no way around it

stop using hoyce as your example

use maia, he's a much better modern showing of bjj dominating

BJJ is a great intro to fiitness, thats why so many fat asses use it to lose weight. its very low impact and you basically dictate how hard you roll. most importantly, come hygenic. shower before and after to be sure you dont smell when you roll and to get rid of nasty mat sweat. glean your gi/training shit before every session

royce is a good example because he used pure BJJ against opponents that knew nothing about bjj (in early ufc) royce couldnt strike, wrestle etc. he only knew bjj and desu wasn't very good at it!

maia isn't pure bjj. He worked a lot on wrestling and striking and he fights opponents that have been training bjj for years as well.

This reassures me. Thanks user