Hypothetically...

Hypothetically, if we could harness the power of adrenaline and put our bodies into fight or flight mode for a workout could be use this to our advantage for explosive workouts? In other words, we trick our minds into thinking we must summon every ounce of our strength to lift some heavy weights.

What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/s8IfPBA2kkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dunno, when I am about to fail a bench my adrenaline skyrockets but it doesn't help me push that heavy ass weight.

Also adrenaline = cortisol

Probably effects test levels over time

You would severely injure yourself you retard. You would rip a tendon or something and not be able to lift for weeks.

Why do women take pictures like this?

People do that already

It's called psyching yourself up

Because women are whores

hahaha i was just bein silllly playing video games when oops i fell and somehow the camera button went off hahahaha woops :P dont post dirty comments you fucking disgusting virgins god why ust you always be so dirty

It would be mentally and physically taxing and would cause burnout if done often

Well...
youtu.be/s8IfPBA2kkA

No. Hysterical strength is not real. You don't have significant reserves of untapped strength that you can access during a fight or flight response.

>adrenaline isn't real
how does it feel being a brainlet

1.it's easy to get into that mode or get close to it with autosuggestion and self hypnosis
2.it's stressful as fuck
3.I'm not into white chicks....but I'd sink all nine inches balls deep in her grab a fistfull of her hair and drill her into the floor while she goes into orgasm induced epilepsy..with not even the slightest hint of mercy.

Just utilize your sexual energy by thinking about pics like that.

3.I'm not into white chicks....but I'd sink all nine inches balls deep in her grab a fistfull of her hair and drill her into the floor while she goes into orgasm induced epilepsy..with not even the slightest hint of mercy

Thanks for the input bud

During adrenaline rushes it is a proven fact that glucose and shit gets pumped into your muscles at turbo speed

It's all a matter of maximum voluntary contraction. Untrained individuals can typically only recruit 50-60% of their type 2 muscle fibers. Highly trained individuals can get into the high 90s. This difference is what we call neuromuscular adaptation to strength training.

Apart from technical improvements which change leverages, there are two ways to get stronger. Get more muscle, or use more of your muscle.

If someone put a gun to your mother's head and told you to deadlift 100 pounds over your 1rm, you'd end up an orphan.

Your muscles can only put out a set amount of force, and all the adrenaline and neurotransmitters in the world would only give a trained individual a few percentage worth of increase, if anything at all.

The idea of this type of mechanism providing superhuman strength comes back to our average Joe who can only summon 50% MVC. When he gets pinned under a rock and gets a flood of stress hormones and his life depends on not getting crushed, his nervous system finds a way to produce a percentage of MVC close to what a trained athlete might produce, presumably the 90-100% range. This would have his strength basically doubled for a brief period. All of your muscle mass can do a lot more work than half of it.

As someone who lifts, you'd get maybe 5-10% if you're lucky, and a dick load of fatigue. Not to mention excessive arousal tends to cause form breakdown, so you'd probably get even less.

How do I summon the nueromuscular control nigga

calisthenics.... pray tell?

>It's all a matter of maximum voluntary contraction. Untrained individuals can typically only recruit 50-60% of their type 2 muscle fibers. Highly trained individuals can get into the high 90s. This difference is what we call neuromuscular adaptation to strength training.
In other words: Noobgains.
Why must you explain everything so difficult user

our nervous system intentionally stops us from overdoing what the body is capable of
what you're trying to do is suppress the nervous system, not pump adrenaline into it

shut the fuck up dicklet

you would do almost permanent irreversable damage to your body and cns by constantly pumping out the hormones and signals responsible for the fight or flight response

bench without safeties/spotter

Go work out during a panic attack then. I've always wondered if it'd calm me down.

braapppfffss