I'm thinking of switching from Stronglifts 5x5 to a more hypertrophy based routine. What are some recommendations?

I'm thinking of switching from Stronglifts 5x5 to a more hypertrophy based routine. What are some recommendations?

Current 5x5 lifts in lbs
>squat 250
>diddy 260
>ohp 95
>row 115
>bench 170

Whoa are those kg?

ws4sb

I'd try to keep progressing my strength while getting bigger. Keep doing a progressive strength program and do 5x10 S/BP/OHP or DL or whatever assistance exercises you want at like 55% at the end of each workout.

SS
Not joking, drop everything to 3x5 and try to keep progressing.

Take the 10x3 pill!

5x5 is a stupid meme. 4x8 is far superior

PPxLx and repeat

PUSH
flat bench - 3x6-8
incline bench - 3x6-8
cable flys - 2x10-12
overhead press - 3x6-8
lateral raises - 2x10-12
tricep extensions - 2x10-12
pushdowns - 2x10-12
cable crunch - 3x10-12

PULL
pull ups - 3x6-8
barbell rows - 3x6-8
bent over rows - 2x8-10
barbell curls - 2x10-12
hammer curls - 2x10-12
reverse flys - 3x10-12
pullovers - 3x10-12
oblique twists - 3x10-12

LEGS
high bar squat - 3x6-8
leg press - 3x8-10
romanian deadlift - 2x6-8
hamstring curl - 2x8-10
barbell hip thrust - 3x6-8
standing calf raises - 3x6-8
seated calf raises - 3x10-12
hanging leg raises - 3xf

I don't really follow a routine, but a good hypertrophy tip is to always go for a pump, and get bloodflow to the muscle.

3 ways I do this is :
1) low rest times(20-30 sec between sets),
2) high reps schemes( 9-12 on heavy compounds, 25-32 on light compounds such as lateral raises, bicep curls). You can also do extremely slow negatives (3-4 sec) instead and just go for 20 rep sets instead of 32 reps. Just find what works for you to tire out the muscle.
3) Frequency. You want to hit muscle groups atleast 3 times a week, twice a day. Supplement with creatine, beta-alanine to get those extra reps, whey for the recovery if you need it to hit protein goals. Obviously use some common sense here, if you haven't recovered by the time your next workout for that muscle is scheduled, just rest and do another muscle instead.

Oh yea and you probably should make sure you get enough sleep. High volume + high frequency = gains (sick for hypertrophy). Make sure you get enough carbs to fuel your workouts. Keep rest times short, you want to completely burn through glycogen stores every workout.

Go as heavy as possible while keeping strict form (a little bit of deviation is allowed on the last 2 reps).

Oh and you probably should do some throw in a couple of heavy sets so your CNS doesn't forget to lift heavy. you only need to do this about once a week.

8x8 is superior. 30 second max rest time between sets. 2-3 exercises per muscle group. Hit the same muscle group twice per week.

i did the 5x5 the texas and the sheiko with the some extra accesories in the hyper range (4x12/20).
Youll end up right in the middle.
I dont look ripped nor juicy but i can outlift bigger guys and i dont look like a skely.

Lyle Generic bulking routine
MAX Muscle plan

both are made by respected authors in the industry.

Not op but what's the point of changing from 5x5 to 3x5?

Milk 5x5 as long as possible. As long as you're making progress, you are getting BIGGER. People need to understand that. If you really want, you can do arms and shit afterwards. You're not going to make better size gains from a high volume program if you're not making really solid progress like you are with SL.

it's a very simple application of periodization. Basically if your stalling with one rep/set (intensity/volume) scheme then swap to another.

>stalling at 5x5 swap to 3x5 or 5x3 (more intensity less volume) and you should be able to keep increasing the weight a little longer
>stalling at that scheme deload and swap down to higher volume low intensity like 5x8
>stall at that go back to 5x5, unless you fucked up you should be able to progress past your previous plateau

if you're still stuck then you should do a real intermediate or advanced routine with proper periodization built in.

Do 3 weeks of strength, 3 weeks of hypertrophy, or keep doing the same routine but change sets and reps to 3x12 and lower the weight accordingly. You'll notice huge gains and your body won't have the chance to adapt.

>current 5x5 lifts in lbs

>OP wants more muscles
>Just drop your volume by 2/5th bro

You're t-rex mode aren't you?
>95 OHP
>115 row

If you want some trophy add dips and pullups, you could even do as many reps as possible on your last set to try and hit 8+ reps.

5/3/1 BBB

Ws4b part 3

+jokersets

this is pasta right?

skelly here. 5'8 133lbs.
Been on SL for ~2.5 months.
Lifts are as follows:

>Squat: 180
>Bench: 130 (stalled 2 sessions)
>OHP: 85 (stalled for 3 sessions)
>Rows: 120
>Deadlift: 240

Should I swap? I'm starting to stall hard on OHP and bench, and my workouts are starting to take around ~2 hours because of waiting in-between sets since everything tires me the fuck out.

Or should I just eat the more?

Eating and sleeping more would definitely help. How many times have you deloaded?

sl has deloads and volume changes built in

>3 stalls -> deload
>3 deloads -> drop volume (5x5 > 3x5 >1x5)
>once you stall at 1x5 change program

personally I think that's too slow and 1 set isnt enough volume for anything id do 5x5 -> 3x5 -> 3x3

eat more, you shouldn't really be stalling this early into SL. I'd say up your protein intake by at least 25 grams per day, but 200+ calories; a protein shake with milk would fit that.

If you continue to stall eat more and rest more

>133lbs 5'8
EAT
ATE
TEA

>Current 5x5 lifts in lbs

Your lifts are literal shit, stay on SL until 1/2/3/4 then PPL.

OHP, ROW and diddy are specially pathetic

I like the simplicity of Stronglifts, I also like the way it only does big lifts. These type of routines are the very best for getting people into the gym on a regular basis.
But I also think it has a few problems. It is a little light on volume, it doesn't do enough upper body strength and it encourages people to deload way to easily. I recommend turning it into a push/pull split and then doing it 4 or 6 days a week.

Push: Squat, Bench, OHP, Dip.
Pull: Deadlift, Row, Pull Up, Chin Up.

Instead of doing 5x5, do 5x6 and when you stall don't deload, just start periodization. Drop back to the last weight you could fully do and then increase the volume to 5x7 then 5x8, once you complete 5x8 you can drop increase weight and drop back down to 5x6.

Do 4x8. Srs.

>A (Strength)
Clean Pulls: 4 x 3
Squat: 3 x 5 (ramping)
Flat Bench press: 3 x 5 (ramping)
Barbell Rows: 5 x 5
Hanging leg raises: 4 x 15
Rowing

>B (Hypertrophy)
OHP: 4 x 12
Front squat: 4 x 12
Romanian deadlift: 4 x 8
Pullup: 4 x AMRAP
Concentration curl: 4 x 12
Skullcrusher: 4 x 12
Ab roller: 4 x 15
Rowing

>C (Volume)
Squat: 4 x 6-8
Incline Bench: 4 x 6-8
Chinup: 4 x 6-8
Preacher curl: 4 x 8-10
Farmer walks x 4
Leg raises: 4 x 15

not so much based on hypertrophy, more so based on the Texas method. But there is a solid amount of volume and TUT to induce growth.
Havent started running it yet, but I am going to start once I start eating more