What does Veeky Forums think of the idea of teenagers and kids going to the gym?

What does Veeky Forums think of the idea of teenagers and kids going to the gym?

good, get em started young

Great as long as they have some idea of what they are doing and don't let their child's ego lead them to injury.

Arnold shortsanigger lifted from a young age and he pretty much won everything in life

What if the parents ruin their progress?

wish i spent more time at the gym as a teenager, i have a body meant for lifting and my body builder bro's were always telling me to come in more
i'd go once or twice a month, but in retrospect, i missed my chance to live life as a tank

Depends on the face, some of them are really hot

My gym? No. A gym made for school kids and teenagers? Fuck yeah, that's a great idea and something I wouldn't mind spending tax dollars on. Teaching kids how to take care of their bodies by learning about nutrition and exercise and providing them with the necessary tools to put that knowledge to good use should be pretty important to our society, next to the fact that kids should learn about finances by making budgets and such and taxes before becoming adults.

Im starting my kids in gymnastics young, then gym in their teens

>teenagers
Good.
>kids
Fuck them. There are three little shits without supervision in my gym, always have to check twice before lifting something.

I wish I had started young instead of the age of 21, I couldn't imagine how much bigger and stronger I would be with 24 if I had started with 15/16.

I started when I was 16. It feels good

Do it. They have incredible recovery capacities. If you are 16 years old you can get better results then people doing steroids if you approach it properly.

Started doing fitness when I was like 88kg last year, and my parents started to notice my fat ass, now I am 70kg and have been doing muscle gains since June of this year. What you think?

me too

>What does Veeky Forums think of the idea of teenagers and kids going to the gym?
Beats the hell out of them sitting around, playing vidya gaymes, swilling HFCS-laden sodas, and pigging out on chips, pizza, and other garbage foods, getting weak, obese, and diseased, so they can later hook up with some likewise weak, obese, diseased excuse for a female, squirt out offspring, who are then raised to be weak, obsese, diseased, and to sit on their fat asses indoors all the time, play vidya gaymes, and eat and drink garbage that keeps them fat, weak, and sickly.
>stop the degeneracy!

>have been doing muscle gains since June of this year
>2017
>not doing muscle gains since January

fpbp

Just to clarify, do you even pay taxes, or do you mean you are willing to spend other people's tax dollars?

I dont mind as long as they dont act like assholes

My 5 year old son lifts. My 2 year old is a little too young still. It's good for burning off excess energy. My daughter is 9 and she loves to run.

I wish I had started young and I'll encourage my kids to do it

>normal day at gym, not so many people, some regulars..
>group of teenagers come to work out, look 14-15
>they all stand around a trap bar doing a couple reps each then move onto next person
>one poor sod couldnt even lift bar+1pl8
>couple of them say 'pussy blud' and he quickly jumps out of the way and the next tries to lift
>another little guy starts lifting, slowish reps but he can do them
>he dont stop
>looks like he does 30 reps and just keeps on going, his face is red and hes fatiguing, a few of the guys left mid way through and just a couple left
>the biggest one there puts on a belt and loads up a 50kg pl8 each side, does a couple of reps
>they get the other 2 50kg pl8s in the gym and load it up
>he cant do it
>says to his buddy that he will work up to it
>see them go a couple times again, literally just doing the trap bar, again it just goes to the one guy with the belt doing the reps then they leave

Also, this is literally an autistic group of kids that a part of a club or schooling

>they all crowd around one machine for a while then move to next
>they leave pl8s everywhere
>their clothes are all really dirty like they've spilt their dins dins down them and not bothered to clean it up
>all look really similar and androgynous
>are their for about 20 minutes then leave
>gym doesnt smell to bad but its like an invisible smell, like they are an autistic disinfectant but its like it seeps into your lungs

this guy brought his two kids into the gym today

they weren't being overly annoying but at one point one of the kids was sitting on the dumbbell rack

this.
there is literally NO reason for children to not exercise daily. the decline in the average physical fitness of children in the west needs to STOP. everytime i see a young fatty i want to yell at his parents for being so complacent and neglectful. shit, i wish my parents made me go out more and i was never truly out of shape

Henry Rollins insane story of starting lifting, claims a teacher at his school told him to buy some weights and everyday would jab him in the gut while in the hallway "Are you still a faggot?" until he got teenage jacked.

Yeah as long as they go alone. Sick of groups of paki teens screeching like apes and smelling like BO