/fat/ - "making it, one day at a time" edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

previous thread
[spoiler]I wonder if any /fat/bros noticed the slight, but meaningful change in the OP fat wojak[/spoiler]

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5084020/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>at my max weight
>my fat was pretty firm and not jiggly
>lose weight
>now my fat feels "looser" and jiggles more
is this normal or am i going crazy

CONFESS so you can be on the path to enLIGHTENment

I feel the same too sometimes lad
just a squishy jiggly fat sack
dunno what it means tho

I am tempted to eat some ice cream. Smoking weed doesn't help

I drank twelve Mike's Hard Lemonades last night. Didn't even get me drunk. I wish I had a lightweight's tolerance so I could get drunk with much fewer calories.

all i ate in the last 3 days was 1 pound of spaghetti, 1 pound of chicken, and 1 pound of broccoli

>Under 190 lbs for the first time since I was like 13

i think....im going....to make it...bros...

Good job, man. Is that your goal weight?

>getting ready to do dumbbell bench press
>sitting up with the dumbbells on my knees
>lay back and bring the weights to my chest
>don't lift them high enough and they catch my shirt and pull it up
>have to do a set with my shirt up and my stretch-marked gut showing

I'm making it?

The sheetz next to where i live started serving large pretzels
I just couldnt help it

I get headaches whenever I eat something. Anyone know what causes this?

You're doing great. Going for abs next?

lads - what happens if i lift in a deficit (1800 cals) but i've not been training for years? used to do a bro split, had a good body, but now im just fat

will i gain my old muscle and burn fat or just burn fat?

5"11 31 y/o male - 207 pounds

I drank 9 cans of lionshead last night. Once I'm done with this case I probably won't drink any more beer for a while.

are you eating sugary bullshit?
thats the diabeetus

>30 more lbs till normal bmi

>pigged out today and still end up just below TDEE
What an amazing difference not snacking during the day does.

>awarded NEETbux with no demands on me in terms of job applications or meetings for the next three months due to depression
Pretty good. Things are looking up. Still really looking forward to joining the work force again, but for now this has really helped me mentally.

Yeah that's normal. It's a sign that you're on the right track!

weight loss has really taken over my life and it's the thing i'm constantly worrying and thinking about now

reading /fat/ is the first thing i do in the morning and the last thing i do at night before i pass out from looking at my phone in bed

is this an unhealthy obsession or nah? i don't really care as long as i make it

Height: 5'6"
SW: 197
CW: 175
GW: 150

so long as you stop obsessing over it once you hit your goal weight and don't keep eating at a deficit until you're a true skelly nah bro you're fine

you became a fat cunt by not caring for years and years, nothing wrong with working hard to fix that

Yesterday I ate 3 taco bell burritos, 2 chicken tenders, a pbj, and a 6oz steak.

I've only been working out enough to burn 300 calories instead of 600 the past three days.

Gonna go sprint up a hill tomorrow

It's impressive how much you can eat when you avoid carbs

I'm so full and it wasn't even that caloric, I still have almost 900 calories to go through today

Good shit, man. If you are worried about your skin, get a moisturizer with vitamin E and collagen and apply after showering

>cabbage
>lettuce
>spinach
>beets
healthy but shit

fat fucks

Only 14 lbs more until I'm in the 100's. I need to step it up.

>day after cheat day

Pic related is what I've been eating/doing for 3 days so far. On my fourth day currently and I feel like total shit but the good kinda shit. Nonetheless, we are going to make it.

5'7 20y/o male
Weight: 185lbs, goal weight: 140lbs

Had 3 small chicken tendies at night yesterday, the store bought kind. Had some ranch and ketchup with it too. Not feeling too guilty about it but still it wouldn't have happened if I had fallen asleep early.

I get a small dunkin coffe with cream and sugar every single day. I'm losing weight but yeah

Why aren't you using mfp

this is the most retarded spreadsheet layout i've ever seen

I drank soda for the frist time in months
It was a 32 oz

ate like shit yesterday, same on friday. todays my last day of eating like shit. then im back on my cutcurrently about 73 lbs down from when i started.

for me eating like shit is like having 2 slices of pizza and drinking one beer.

been telling everyone im on a severe diet, but no im not i eat like shit from monday to sunday

burned 720 calories doing cardio today and using it as an excuse for snacking.

What are some good nutrition books/guides?
What about some Veeky Forums approved cookbooks?

What do people think of weight watchers? does it help lose weight, or does it Instill unhealthy habits?

Thinking of ditching my nicotine addiction in the middle of my weight loss.
This will turn out fine.

you'll slowly gain a little bit of muscle from all the extra energy your body has.

I've been eating at 1500kcals a day and lifting for 6 months. Used to be pretty fit. During the 6 months my bench has gone from 215 to 275. For sure possible to use that muscle memory

One thing at a time, user.

Does anyone get chills while eating at a deficit? It's +14°C/57°F outside and I'm already thinking bringing out the electric blanket from storage.

I use an app called Fitmencook
For my recipes and meal preb

Holy shit is that why I've been so cold despite the normal AC setting the last few months?

Went out friday. Drank a bunch of blue moon which is pretty high in calories. Also ate a bunch of wings and a cheeseburger

More like Fitmencocks am I right

Depends, how much of a deficit are you on?

500+

I suppose it could also be a case of less insulation.

Walked around for four hours today, slowly, stop-and-go stuff, at a big outdoors museum. Comes out at 1200 calories in MFP. Surely not, even as a big guy.

>weekends are supposed to be my cheat days where I just eat what I want
>come back from a lengthy bike ride craving nothing more than cold fresh fruit
>stuff myself full of apples, nectarines and plums
>consider firing up the grill but ended up eating boiled potatoes with veggies
>don't even feel like opening any of the cookies, chocolates and roasted nuts I bought specifically for today

Well shit. I guess there's always next weekend.

I basically have three cheat days planned for the upcoming months; visit to Vegas in October, Thanksgiving and Christmas days. Otherwise I will be sticking to my 1,200 calorie diet.

Here's the thing though... With the holidays coming there will be temptation FUCKING EVERYWHERE. Halloween has candy all over the office. Then Thanksgiving multiple families want multiple meals. Christmas tradition of stuffing our faces all month long. It helps that I live on my own now but I still have family around. So I ask, when my grandma bakes her amazing ass treats do I hoard them for the cheat day? How bad can I make a cheat day and bounce back from it?

Are you telling me it's not a cheat day? Easy to eat a shitload of calories worth of fruit.

>shitload of calories worth of fruit

Those don't stick though.

>Those don't stick though.
What's that supposed to mean?

>she's never heard of good and bad calories

I consider my weekends "cheat days" as in I'll eat whatever I want outside the diet as long as I stay within the diet's calorie range. So when I sit here thinking I could eat some pop tarts right quick I throw it in the log and see how many calories I have left. Then back on the weekdays I stick back on track with the main diet.

Good on you though, your mind and tastes are changing. Last Friday when I was driving home I thought about getting a pizza like I would years ago every Friday night and said to myself "I want food not garbage". Keep it up.

I don't know what to tell you, but good luck!
You're gonna hate yourself if you eat all that stuff, but you're also going to be miserable all month if you see so much stuff you like but can't partake. It's a good old lose-lose.

Did you just assume my gender, shitlord?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5084020/

>Believing your body doesn't see all carbs fats etc as exactly what they are
>Believing you can lose weight without tracking everything
>Cico faggot
Never gonna make it.

Not a wasted weekend passed.
Instead of drinking 13-16 cans of beer combined Friday + Saturday, I instead drank 4, a glass of champagne or something alike it and a half a bottle of wine. And it was enough to get a good buzz going. Apart from the constant anxiety I felt sick like I do rest of the week, it wasn't too many calories consumed compared to usual.

I did however, make up for it by eating more cake..

Mentally, I'm looking ahead with somewhat positive attitude. I got my weekly diet under somewhat control as the past weeks has proven (weekends are hardest part and I tend to slip).
I also got a job in the government starting 1st of November, so I will get around 3x payment compared to now. Not that it will do much, apart from increasing the size of my bank account.
Just need to get the gym habit going, and I can become closer to content of life as it is now - not long term happiness, but less worry then generally.

Will pick up gymgoing tomorrow, I promise!

>received 300 g/day of either apple or pear as a fruit in their diet
Which is 2-3 apples
That's a far cry from
You can still easily overeat fruit

Miami dude who was staying behind, are you still with us?

I ate 3000 calories on Tuesday and Saturday because I went by my family I feel like dying but we go again.

20lbs down since September, 6'6" 270 to 250 still fat and still relatively weak

>You can still easily overeat fruit

Rly now. Grab a bucket of apples and report how many you managed to eat before you couldn't force another one down.
"Stuff myself full" was 1 apple, 1 nectarine and 2 handfuls of plums.

Don't. Calories "burned" is wildly inaccurate, and if I understand it correctly, irrelevant because it's part of your activity level when considering your TDEE.
But, of course, you might get around that by picking the lowest activity level.

Still, don't eat back calories.

>"Stuff myself full" was 1 apple, 1 nectarine and 2 handfuls of plums.
Get a load of this fatlet
When I was binging on fruit, it was a kg of apples per day minimum
They were really good tho

frequently having super low calories to hit goals faster. like 800 calories composed solely of protein with little to no fat or carbs.

>having difficulty with Buddhist detachment from end physique goal.

We have really big apples though and I quarter them and cut out the seeds so next to nothing goes to waste.

enjoy not losing any bf. your gonna look like shit. fructose stays in your liver and burns slowely. its for athletes, not bodybuilders. you should just cut on 2500 cals and do 15min of cardio. your gona look dyel as fuck lmao

What was the sign, that you can make it, /fat/?

>Getting called obsessive about muh diet and care for nutrition value
>Called crazy for waking up at 5 to move my ass, taking cold showers, and pushing through fucking pain
>Hating myself if I slip on some kind of food (even when it's irrelevant in calorie/whatever goal in a long run, because it's hard to fucking eat too many of them for me at the moment)
>Feeling that i'm going back into that mode when I use depression, anger and everything else as a fuel, instead of something that fucking makes me docile and lazy
THROUGH THE PAIN, SWEAT AND BLOOD, LADS. I SHALL MANIFEST MY OWN DESTINY.

I'm going to make it, /fat/. You all going to make it.

nicotine is an appetite suppressor, and smoking is definitely good relief for being hungry all the time
so those are reasons not to quit

i quit vaping right before trying to lose weight, and honestly the biggest benefit i have much better breath while doing cardio and just in general. i'm not wheezing like i used to.

i hope you really do want to quit nic though user, it's the healthy choice to make. but it can be hard along with the weight loss. i wish you the best of luck.

My reason for wanting to do both at the same time is that I'm super committed to the weight loss, taking calorie counting 100% seriously and I think that if I sort of hitch the nicotine-stop to the weight loss regime it might make it easier.

My boggest issue is that I probably don't truly want to quit, definitely not as much as I want to be thin again.
I'm not smoking, so I can't really use better conditioning as the excuse.
Still, it can't hurt to give it a try as long as I'm super duper vigilant about the hunger suppression side of it.

How long can you keep a rotisserie chicken in the fridge before its bad? Being alone and having a whole chicken portioned out to three ounces a day is leaving me with quite a bit...

Hourly reminder

gonna fast for a week.

if i manage to hit a week and feel ok i'll go 2 weeks. if i hit 2 weeks i'll go 3. if i hit 3 i'll go 4. will probably stop at a month.

wish me luck bros.

Is xAxBxAx extremely necessary? Can't I do something like xABABAx with cardio everyday? Would it be too hard on my body? I'm asking because I feel bad as fuck for having 4 idle days/week. Any recommendations?

>girls saying hello and smiling at me
>before they would just do a cursory glance or even avoid looking in my general direction
>now they wait if I look at them

I-i think its working guise

Sure. You know your body best. Though the argument could be made that you're not exerting enough effort in the days you do work out.

Why is the gut the last thing to go? God fucking dammit.

> Start Uni tomorrow
> Have prepped breakfast, lunch and have put a 1L water bottle in the fridge in prep for tomorrow.
> Aiming to hit the pool for seven before going to Uni.
> Not going to take any change with me so I shouldn't have any spare cash for snacks/coffee between lectures.

Wish me luck bros, Uni has put 20kg on my back over the last two years. I'm petrified of putting more weight on this year- I've managed to lose 10kg of that weight this summer (down to 75kg), so I'm desperate to keep going.

can i get a quick bodyfat estimate fellas?
i think 18% but i am also pretty delusional
just to prove a god exists and is a wrathful one

because visceral fat is the first to go, from what i have read (and kind of experienced), keep going

i drank a whole 12 pack cans of beer last night, and a dozen of bbq wings
i weighted myself this morning and still weight the same as yesterday but feel bloated anyways

20-22%

goo job breh, but aim for mid-bmi

20% seems a bit high, youre like 18/19

/fat/, I'm here to tell you to never give up. Over the last 1.3 years I lost ~15Kg and gained muscle.

I went shopping for clothes again today, because all my old clothes are worn out. They also no longer fit me but I didn't really notice that until I started measuring ones that did. I hate buying clothes, I fucking loath it, I hate those stores and the fucking fear and shame they put into me.

I took an 'L' shirt from the shelf. If fit me like a shirt should fit someone, without reaching my knees or look like a loose bag like my old ones do.

I AM 'L' SIZED. THIS IS MADNESS. I SHOULD BE XXXL LIKE ALWAYS.

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY, I CAN ACTUALLY BUY CLOTHES. AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE BLACK OR DARK GREY.

For the hell of it, I tried on a pair of skinny jeans. SKINNY! FUCKING! JEANS!!! And they fucking FIT ME!

I bought some clothes and walked out. I walked around in the mall and saw all those stores I could go into and buy shit from, and actually look normal in it. I feel like I got a superpower that I haven't yet learned how to use it.

Never give up, /fat/. You can reach your goal, I'm living proof. The road is long and hard but nothing worth anything is ever easy to get. Keep doing your thing, and I promise you you will end up better and happier than you are right now.

>be dicklet
>first time shaving pubes since I lost 39 pounds
>still got a fupa because I've still got 32 pounds to lose
>dick actually looks a little bigger

Feels damn good desu. Im so hyped to make it now, I always hope to lose a pound a week but normally lose a little more than that. If I do a pound a week from here on out at minimum I should be 18 pounds lighter by christmas. Fucking hyphy desu.

>1.3 years
>15 kg

Meh, I lost 45kg in 7 months and am still losing it.

>being this much of a cunt

Well done my man. I went shopping yesterday for new clothes as I can finally fit into mediums and Im with you on clothes shopping. My brother loves watching me clothes shop because I just dont get who is wearing these fashionable clothes, they all look like they're buying into a gimmick and I always get a bit autistic about it. For example here is the front page of asos at the moment. Look at the gender neutral freaks, who is dressing like this? I've never seen anyone like this in the real world.

never gonna make it

What gave you the impression I was boasting about how much I lost, or that I was asking anyone to one-up me? I'm just happy to not be as fat as I was.

>bragging about losing only 45kg in seven months

i seem to be on the edge of 20%, which is fine, I plan to keep shredding fat until I hit 8-12% depending on how I feel on the mirror

lost like 25 lbs since july but never bothered to take some damn pics or measurements beforehand