Tall Lifter General

Hey guys looking to get out of skellymode for good. Apart from just 'eat', what sage wisdom do you have for a 6'6 guy?

eat MORE and LIFT
that's it

>6'6 guy?

You're going to have to eat a shitload to get outta skelly mode ma man.

6'6 ? basically kill yourself at that point

I know dude but gotta start somewhere

No manlets allowed in this thread please

6'6 here too, but I was fat before I started lifting so I never had to deal with the pain of trying to gain

What kind of weight do you think a good goal is for our height?

Literally just eat more and lift.
Calculate your TDEE online and eat 200-500 calories above that amount to gain weight. Also make sure you're doing all the major compound lifts (bench, ohp, row, squat, deadlift) as well as some accessory shit if you want (i'd recommend adding isolation shit for bi's, tri's, calves at least). Give it 6 months or so of consistent eating and lifting and you will see results guaranteed.

Thanks user. How is PPLPP? With swimming a couple times a week?

>No manlets allowed in this thread please
Lmao usually Im with the tallboys on this but at 6 6 youre kind of fucked on how many calories you need to look good

I usually recommend a full-body routine for beginners, but as long as your routine includes the compound lifts and you stick to it, you should be good.

I have to try at least.

Thanks user. How many sets overall do I need to minimize fat gain?

6'5" here been lifting 5 days a week eating 3300-3500 calories a day for about 6 weeks

Super slow progress but I feel stronger and look a little better

Manlets have it easy, put on 5lb of muscle and suddenly their whole body looks fit as fuck. Meanwhile I'm 6'6 and 4 months later the only person to notice I'm working out is my mom.

I've seen tall skellybros like you get fit, had a 6'5 lanklet friend who put on some serious weight after lifting for a almost 4 years, he just ate a lot and I mean A LOT on top of supplements and he worked towards lifting everyday. Obviously he wasn't in any shape to do that when he started lifting but he was able to get to he could lift heavy at the gym 6 days out of a week.

Its possible, it just takes willpower

>6'5" and like 218 right now

I try and eat more than or equal to 4000k calories a day. It's really hard but i want to be a Big Guy™.

Fat gain is related to eating more calories than you spend. If you eat more than +500 you can expect fat gain to increases more than muscle gain does.

In terms of sets I'd say 5 is a good number for most exercises.

240ish, maybe more depending on what you want to look like

it's pretty rough at first getting out of skelly mode at that height, but once you start to get the daily calories down it's not so bad. The most important thing is consistency, early on you won't need much (2,500 calories is lowest), but once you start needing 4,000+ eating can become a chore, so get used to it now.

If I were you and especially if you're a noob I wouldn't even look at tdee for like 6 months and try to eat like 3000-3500 cals a day
Try eating a meal every 3 hours consistently you will gain weight
Also unironically do HALF gomad not full

I actually spontaneously started doing half GOMAD because I work manual labor and do gym, so I need a lot of calories and protons and milk seemed like the most expedient option to fill the tummy.

Nice just try to eat more on top of that

Im 6'3 100kg (220lbs) and I have to eat like 4000 a day. But im lifting very heavy.

At this point dont even think about being aesthethic fag without roids. Just eat like madman and go powerlifting/weightlifting/strongman or stop trying.

> How many sets overall do I need to minimize fat gain?
The number of sets isn't really too important in minimizing fat gain. That's more involving the composition of your diet (Proportions of calories that are from protein, carbs, fat, etc.). However as a beginner I wouldn't worry to much about that, just make sure you're eating enough, then worry more about your diet composition when you max out your noob gains. Also you're lucky you're 6'6" as even the body fat you gain will just make you look like more of a "big guy".

That being said, if you're starting out 5x5 is a good scheme for the compound lifts to get your lifts up to respectable numbers.