Delusional fatties thread

Hey fit

I'm not American but live in the US and my kid goes to school there as well (he's 7) and just started 2nd grade.

First week of school started last week, and I kid you not, this shit goes down:

>wake up at 5, drink my coffee, eat my breakfast, read newspaper
>wake up my kid at 6, feed him bran cereal with coconut milk, banana slices, and raspberries plus 1 egg and a small turkey sausage (his favorite brekky).
>leave him to read some shitty story while I prep his lunch for school
prepare my kid his school lunch
>hear a voice from the other room
>"dad can you pack me a lunch like the other kids? miss lardass at school told me that mine wasn't that good"
>they sent a note regarding this
>they are concerned that he is malnutritioned
>wtf
>continue to pack the usual lunch
>turkey sandwich in rye bread with avocado mayo, tomatoes, lettuce/ bunch of celery sticks with almond butter dip/ oatmeal dark chocolate cookie
>drop him off at school and get to work
>3 hours later I get a call from school
>hello mr user this is miss lardy mclard ass from buttwipe school, we need to discuss user jr's situation with food at school
>get to school
> tiny ham planets waddling around
>get to her office
>unsurprisingly a hamplanet
>tells me how she thinks putting my kid on a diet is unhealthy and kids at this age should eat whatever they want like all the kids getting pizza and (fake) mac n cheese
>try to explain to her that he's not on a diet but that I try to incorporate more healthy options in his diet
>she tells me that she thinks this way of eating is making him miserable
>I lose my shit and basically told her that I will insist on my strict legal right to feed my kid the way I want

>go back to work
>entire time at work contemplating if I have been feeding my kid wrong the entire time, maybe because I was a ham planet kid myself and i'm not being moderate about this
>decide to ask him what he wants to eat when I pick him up
>pick him up
>drive to Superstore
>tell him he can get whatever he wants for lunch
>feared that he might go for twinkies or cheetos or whatever americans eat
>he picks out 2 salmon fillets and asks me "can you make these with the little crumbles on top with rice and broccoli?" (referring to walnuts)
>MFW

anyone got any similar experiences?

Just make sure trading the psychological growth of your child, who will undoubtedly be picked on and singled out for his strange diet leaving him at the bottom of the social ladder throughout school, is worth the minor health gains from eating a clean diet during childhood

You're the minority here if you really think people on Veeky Forums have kids

He eats pizza/cookies/whatever as long as its homemade. I only allow food that was prepped outside the house if im sure if the source is clean and if its not ill allow it once in a blue moon.

I'd hardly say user is feeding him a clean diet. Cereal, almond butter, a fucking cookie. It's just healthier than what a normal kid would get packed in his lunch; a white bread pb&j, cheetos, fruit snacks, an apple they don't eat

Take this to the principal and the media before Ms. Fatass McFatass sics the equally obese CPS drones on you.

he's energetic and has a normal weight and plays sports 4 times a week

He's totally fine user and you are a good dad for this. Principal hamplanet should fuck off, she most likely knows nothing of nutrition. Talk to your son about it some more, he's young but you guys can still have a dialogue about it. See how he really feels.

She isn't even a principal shes the English teacher/lunch break supervisor

You've raised him well. Gratz OP

Yeah, I've dealt with this.

>volunteer to chapparone at neices school for field trip to national park
>Pack jerky, carrot sticks, crackers, water, fruit, etc. In backpack
>Pack other essentials too- sunscreen, first aid kit, etc.
>My neice and her 3 friends (our group) are the only thin people in class
>All other chaparomes obese as fuck
>Our group gets yelled at for going too fast, they are taking breaks every 10 minutes
>I get yelled at for not bringing real snacks or drinks for kids
>They say the kids need soda and not water to keep their fuckin energy up
>Barely finish a 3 mile easy trail before needing to go on bus back to school
>Get "stern" talking to from principal about under nourishing kids
>Fat secretary tells me I'll lose my body when I have kids.
>In 3 months, sister and I transfer neice to different School in better area with majority shitlords

Seriously, all these kids and parents could barely fuckin do anything. The entire time they were complaining about mah knees, and talking about what they are going to eat or what they did eat. My group is the only group who fuckin filled out the nature workbook completely.

I used to get 1-2 white bread or pita sandwiches with cold cuts sliced cheese and mayo, and a random fruit in elementary.

>minor health gains from eating a clean diet during childhood

Being fed properly during childhood has a huuuuuge effect on health. As long as the kid isn't calorie restricted OP is setting his kid up for great development and high test after puberty. Personally I would say to feed the kid some red meat every few days, but otherwise you are doing great op

>'I have a thyroid problem, that's why I can't lose weight'
>says the woman while she's stuffing her face with sandwich cookies

>allowing other adults to yell or lecture you

what did he mean by this?

OP making me feel good
those are some fucking goals m8

Where are you from originally?

We're all fighting an uphill battle , user, 2/3s of North Americans are overweight or obese, you're setting him up with good habits for life

I wish I was raised like that, get your kids doing calisthenics early, then lifting, with copious amounts of locally sourced milk

If you take him for checkups and the doctor says he's fine you should tell Miss McLardass that, could get her to ease off. Most people won't argue with a doctor.

You're a good dad OP. He's a überkind.

That's my worst nightmare
If I ever have kids, I'm never raising them in America

>who will undoubtedly be picked on and singled out for his strange diet leaving him at the bottom of the social ladder throughout school

Why do you assume this? As long as you don't raise the kid to be a sperg he'll be fine. Some of the coolest kids I knew in school had weird homemade lunches.

I am a public high school teacher in southern California and cannot fathom how any school can allow this stuff to happen. Yes, there are fat teachers, administers, and staff on campus. Yes, the food offerings are mostly processed garbage. But, by law, we cannot have soda machines in student accessible areas, and cannot sell candy or unquestionably junky foods (donuts, etc) to students. Even student club fundraisers have to abide by a preselected list of 'healthy' food items. I don't think we even have potato chips or cookies in the vending machines. It's all trail mix and sun chips.