/QTDDTOT/

Last one is 330 replies

Is there a specific routine to achieve more muscle definition, or is it just a matter of big muscles and low fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lGvuX29HyJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Mhv6gipA3dc
thecalculator.co/health/Fat-Free-Mass-Index-(FFMI)-Calculator-794.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was going to order resistance bands for rotator cuff strengthening but these ones on the website look different from the ones I saw on youtube . they're called resistance tubes I think. Are they the same thing guys?

If I'm eating at a surplus but walking a lot every day, will I gain fat or will i get some more muscles in my legs?

arguably no but just for shoulder prehab they have the same effect

Does getting increased heart-rate from being anxious count as cardio? Being semi-serious here.

Yes.

Technically yes, but negated by duration and intensity (inb4 lul I am super anxious 18 hours a day) and the whole bunch of different hormonal and neurotransmitter reactions to it.

Pretty much big muscles/low fat.

Energy in Vs energy out. If you're asking, you're new, you probably don't estimate jack shit in term either of calorie consumption or energy spent during exercise, so I'd go and guess that in your specific case no.
First walking won't get you any muscles if you're a developed human behing (ie not Auschwitz tier). Second, walking doesn't burn a lot of calories. And walking "a lot" is very subjective. So unless you're calculating the exact amount you burn walking and the exact amount you're overeating, you'll gain some fat. You probably don't burn more than 500 cals walking, and that's less than two small cookies...

Depends what you consider as "cardio". You don't activate any muscle beside the heart, so your not burning calories really. Imagining that your heart however gets at 160Bpm during one hour from stress, for it it would be approximately the same as one hour of LISS

Then which ones should I get

How the fuck do I balance my chest out? It's become way too apparent with my shirt off that my pecs are two different sizes. My left looks way bigger than my right pec. I've tried doing dumbbell presses even smith machine press to try and balance the distribution, but it seems like nothing is working for me.
This wasn't always the case I remember my early years of lifting my chest looked pretty identical to one another.

Please help.

Pic.
Maybe try some german volume training but with DB for the pecs, and with a weight challenging only the weak side?

If you just want to work your rotator cuffs, the cheapest. If you plan on using resistance band for anything else (for example it's a very good tool to work out in a hotel room) then get a real, circle shaped rubber band

Are asians smaller and weaker because as a culture they consume too much soy?

Will store-bought egg whites give me aidscancer?

I think it has more to do with rice being a year round crop. Lack of competition.

Walking is not an exercise, fatty. Make an effort.

this man consumes a moderate amount of soy milk every day

He's also on a moderate amount of steroids

Yeah, and my 150 years old grandpa still smokes three packs a day and downs five bottles of wine. What's your point?

how many people on moderate amount of steroids can dl 340kg?
my point is that there's nothing wrong with soy milk

Dude asked about too much soy, not moderate amount of soy milk though.

Asians aren't specifically weaker. Look at muay thai and tell me these dudes are weak. It is possible for an "asian" (quotations marks because the word in itself is really vague and open-textured) to get big. Is the average asian guy weaker than the average american guy or european guy? Don't know but probably not. Since most countries in asia are poorer, I'd say they have more physical job so they're prolly a bit stronger. Just a possibility though, since we don't have any numbers.
Are they smaller? Yes and it's genetics. Is it soy related, probably not in itself but we need a scientific study.

I don't have any pics at the moment. German volume training is the 10x10 routine, yeah? I might try that with some isolated db presses. Thats the only exercise I haven't really tried yet. You got any more recommendations?

fu ck this sucks

If I fast 2 times a week and feel hungry most of the day will I lose weight?
Or do I need to count calories?

Count calories. I can feel hungry after a 9000cla binge.

It's indeed the 10x10. Only idea I have... What's your chest routine right now?

Why is "swimmer body" associated with ottermode? Wouldn't it make sense for professional swimmers to get a decent layer of fat to improve buoyancy so that they can direct more of their power towards propelling themselves forward? Or is the hydrodynamic advantage such a big factor?

I either look fat or fit. I don't think I've ever been in that in-between point in the past 10 years. I'm 6'0" and float between 84kg (current weight, where apparently I look fit) and 89kg (where I think I look fat). What's up with that?

>750
>Overhand grip
>No belt

Goddamn.

Right now just standard barbell and incline barbell presses with some chest fly machine. I'll usually switch to db presses every other week.
I hardly ever work on my lower chest/decline lifts, i'm not sure if thats something to take note of

I forgot to also mention im usually lifting a 5x8 routine.

yes there is have fun with your titties

>started lifting a month ago
>been progressing well on deadlift (broke 1 plate)
>trying to up the weight
>starting to feel tension and pain in my lower back

What should I be doing to build the strength of my lower back/ posterior chain so I don't hurt myself on deadlift?

hookgrip famalam
he has a 330kg no straps dl too

Romanian deadlifts will help strengthen the area.

Deadlifts.

Probably nothing to do with the routine though, more like form. But that's a lot of volume so it might have worsened the imbalance.

yesterday after my workout I decided to go beat up a punching bag a bit. If it matters it was one of the ones with a water base, not a hanging bag.

Afterwards my hands were shaky as fuck. They both were, but my left hand was especially bad. I'm talking it looked like I had fuckin' parkinsons or something.

Is there a reason for this? Is it something someone who's new to "boxing" should expect? I'd never really spent any time hitting a bag like that so it was new for me.

Anyone with punching bag experience able to offer any input on this?

I;ve been going to the gym for around 2 weeks now 5 times a week and keeping my diet in check. How long until i see noticeable gains specifically on the abs and biceps/triceps area

Say that to their Olympic weight lifters

I can have bacon and/or ham for the meat part of my breakfast omelet
Which one is better for protein gainz, ham or bacon?

Depends. Are you cutting your calories? What's the provenance of the meat? What's the quality of the meat? In which quantities? There's no absolute answer.

Be more specific. Are you a hamplanet? What do you do in the gym? What do you call "diet in check"?
My crystal ball isn't that powerful

Probably muscle soreness and low blood sugar.

I'm in the rowing team in college and I'm looking to go from 140-160. I'm at 145 rn
The meat is private college cafeteria meat, which is higher quality than public school meat.

Best Exercises for Bicep And triceps, fairly new to the gym and havent seen anything more effective than hammer curls

How do I get good clean skin?

Filthy frank has got big.

So you're aiming to bulk, but with only approximate macros. Go for the ham then, more protein than in the bacon since less fat. Get some good fats elsewhere (in any case bacon's fat isn't the best).
As far as progress goes, don't expect anything drastic from rowing it self. And at 145, don't really expect abs, unless you're 6 5 you're too fat to see them. Bulk until you reach your goal, then cut. Bulk slowly though, don't gain more than 1 pound per week or you'll be packing up fat mostly.

I'm 5'4, I was around 125 pounds 3 months ago when it all started. I still look skinny, except for my legs and to an extent my arms, they've gained a lot more muscle.

Also, I work out 5 days a week in the mornings on the rowing machine from 45 minutes at the least to 1 hour 20 minutes at most, alongside that we're at the river rowing 4 days a week Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

I want to build some stamina so I can gorilla fuck my girlfriend, but I want to get bigger too. Is there an amount of cardio I can do that will help build my stamina without wrecking my gains?

Just do some conditioning after your work out and eat more to compensate. You'll want to do it anyway because it'll increase your work capacity and stop you getting gassed after every set.
Brian Alsruhe has some good videos and routines incorporating conditioning and he's a monster.

ohp 50kg x1
bench 60kgx5

am i going to make it?

Is using elliptical machine enough for my legs? This is the only leg exercise I do. 20 min on average resistance. 5 times a week

>ellipticals are shit tier
You're better off with a rowing machine

elaborate please. i thought its good cause of pic related

Want to make sure that I'm deadlifting correctly so I'm going to try to summarize what I do in the gym and appreciate the feedback.

Walk to the bar, feet below and shoulder width apart.
Bend my knees enough to where I can reach the bar. I keep my spine straight and look straight ahead.
Lead with my legs lifting up the bar, then start using my back and finish by extending my shoulders back.

PLZ HALP ;_;
My abs and lower back are sore from yesterday's upper body workout but I really wanted to hit legs today. What do? Don't wanna snap my shit up.

When I do some cardio I get sick. My throat swells up and gets really painful. It gets harder to breath. It usually lasts for around 3 days.

Why the fuck does this happen and how do I stop it? My doc has no idea. I have been doing sports my whole life and I've been sick on and off. When I quit, I'm fine. I live relatively healthy aside from sleeping problems

5'11", 185lbs. I've cut down from 210lbs by lifting and eating at a caloric deficit for the last 15 weeks. Starting to stall on weight loss a little bit. Should I cut down until I can see my abs, or bulk up and cut later? Any other advice?

How do I know if my workout is effective enough?

When I DB bench press I feel like I'm using my arms more than my chest to press the weight. How do I focus more on using my chest. And are ground flyes a valid alternative to flyes?

what's best for secondary lifts?
like strength lifts like bench and squat 4-6 is best.
accessories like tricep push downs 8-12
but what about secondary lifts like chin ups, barbell rows ect?

If by arms you mean your forearms than that's preatty normal if you are new to dumbbell work because you have to stabilize the weight and you're grip might be weak. If you feel it more in your delts than pay attention to retracting your scapula before pressing.

>wutang tattoo

I sincerely hope you are aware that because of this, you will never be taken seriously in any cbt. Ever.

*pretty
*then

>tattoo of a black musical group
why?

I have the same pepperoni nipples

i wish i could go back and slap my 18 year old self in the face. should I get it covered up or removed?

>2
What are your goals for those lifts? They are compound lifts just like bench, deadlifts and squats and can be programmed like them too. 3x5 is fine

you know what to do
youtube.com/watch?v=lGvuX29HyJQ

Either wear it and take the roasting or get it covered up and changed into something else

Ask Google how to "hip hinge". If you can do that properly, and you're doing the things you mention, you'll be fine.

There are very few cases where your low back should be sore. Have you been doing something silly?

>Starting to stall on weight loss a little bit
Take a break form cutting. That does not mean bulk. Just relax for a couple of weeks and resume the cut.

If your numbers are going up in the gym.

Could be a number of reasons. Make sure you keep your forearms vertical throughout the movement.

>im going to get a tattoo of an over hyped 90's boy band!

there were worse choices, imagine a B44 tattoo
youtube.com/watch?v=Mhv6gipA3dc

Am I supposed to be keeping my scapula retracted throughout the duration of the lift?

Covering/changing a tattoo is fucking stupid imo. Either leave it that way or remove it. Can be pretty expensive I think but it'll be worth it.

How to do sit ups without tearing myself a new asshole ?

Also, opinions on dropsetting after doing a compound 5x5

you must be a hard core gamer

>There are very few cases where your low back should be sore.
What? What about Deadlifts or Good Mornings or heavy Low-bar squats?

this is so you could play Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style

Yes. That way you can engage your chest more and your shoulders are at a safer position. Also arch your lower back a bit to help with that.

How do I activate my glutes more during squats?

The few tips I had so far were a wider stance, to screw my feet into the ground and to squeeze hard at both bottom and top. Anything else?

Are you doing high or low bar squats? Low bar should activate your glutes more.

swimmers dont need bouyancy they need speed. lower weight=more speed.
hammer curls and reg dumbbell curls for bis. tris are lying tricep extension and rope pulldowns and dips.
not with that attitude.
cardio wont really make big legs just more endurance.

How shit tier is this routine? Need to work on my glutes. Rep range will be around 12-15 x 5.

>Day One, Legs v1:
goblet squat with band
bw side lunge
glute bridge
single leg glute bridge static hold 20-30 sec

>Day Two, Pull:
pull ups
face pulls
shot gun row/croc row
bicep curls

>Day Three, Legs v2:
sumo deadlift
cable deadlifts/rdl
cable pull through
bw side lunge

>Day Four, Push:
db bench
incline db bench
landmine shoulder press
tricep kickback/extension

Pretty shit-tier tb h

Thank you.

No problem m8:)

How do you know the bar is in the right position when doing low bar squats? Sometimes I feel like my arms+wrists are doing all the work when going up and I notice that the bar ends up moving around while I do my set

On a bulk, why would you eat the same amount of calories on a rest day as you do on a lifting day? Wouldn't you just gain more fat that way? Wouldn't it be better to eat less on rest days and more on lifting days?

If I do 1000 pushups a day for a whole lot of days will I look good?

Will I make more gains if I do two short workouts per day instead of one long? Same muscle groups, morning I go heavy low rep, evening light high rep, about 10 hours rest between each workout.
I do two workouts per day on Sunday and Monday, rest at Tuesday, then one workout Wednesday and Thursday and rest again for Friday and Saturday.

Natty asking.

I jumped into the gym pool completely naked today and the gym staff and people were too beta to ask me to leave. Am I alpha now?

your back should be leaning more forward on low bar so that the bar doesnt move. look up youtube vids on form to get the best idea.
you would eat a bit less on rest days but the trick is this. on work out days you need energy, on rest days is when the actual muscle rebuilds and needs enough protein to do so. so eat alot then do a quick cut. dont do 6 month cycles go for like 1 month cycle.
some guy here did it and he get man boobs because that part of the pec was only trained. so no.
yea you can do 2 workouts. sometimes i do lifting in morning and come back later after lunch for cardio. gains will be good.
you are the scary alpha that people are scared of and will run to you when they need help. you wont be chad tho.

thyroid

How many fucking calories are in a subway sandwich??

I just want a footlong club with lettuce, mayo and pepperjack cheese. Subway's nutrition thing says thats only like 450 alories for a footlong, which seems impossible. When I just put "subway club" in myfitnesspal it's like 750. Does anyone have any clue? No way a footlong sub with mayo and cheese only comes out to 450 calories.

buy ingredients and make it yourself you fucking pleb

Is something like pic related possible natty at 6'3-6'4? I know this guy is on roids, but would 250-260 with abs be possible natty?

"Too much" is always bad by definition.

Not that it matters at all but i'm in college and can get free food basically from meal plan money...so fuck you, answer my question if you're gonna give me the (you)

What is the best exercise(s) for bicep gains?

>250-260 with abs be possible natty?
thecalculator.co/health/Fat-Free-Mass-Index-(FFMI)-Calculator-794.html
that's a minimum of 26 FFMI, so no unless you have literally once in a generation world class genetics

After a looong time of going injury-free, within 3 weeks I've fucked up my adductors, a triceps, and today traps. Should I just take a break?

I need a calorie estimate, lads.

why would you eat shit food you can't calorie count when you could spend the same amount of money, get food you can count, and probably make several portions out of? you're weak if you MUST have a Subwayâ„¢ sandwich. Good goy.