Is it ok to workout while having a cold?

Is it ok to workout while having a cold?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myocarditis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sure, if you're not a pussy.
it's good to sweat it out.

no you'll die

If you're having throat troubles you can seriously damage your heart by exercising

nigger I've been having a cold for 2 weeks now. Last week hit a deadlift PR, matter of fact just got done with a heavy leg day while coughing and sneezing like a nigger. Don't be a pussy.

Get the fuck out of the gym you cold spreading gains goblin faggot

u serious?

This is why you're sick for 2 weeks.

Really depends on your immune system and how bad the cold is. But generaly, you should take a break. I recently had a cold but headed back into the gym too early. Now I'm on antibiotics and have to pause for at least two weeks.

I guess Patrick Ekeng and Bernardo Ribeiro weren't pussies and sweated it out.

>soccer players
>not pussies
lel, good one bro.

>implying i don't always have a cold
i do, there's no other option for me

I don't think I've ever had a good workout when I've felt ill

Do you have aids or what are you trying to tell here? If you always have a cold, go see a doc and get antibiotics. Shit cured me in almost three days.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myocarditis

if you want to kys don't do it while spreading your germs everywhere in the gym you fucking degenerates

My experience with having a cold and working out has been vastly different.
I feel that every time I have a slight (!) cold, doing some cardio (and high reps low weight work) does wonders to my body.

If you want to infect everyone else in the gym around you, go ahead.

No, it's not OK. It's an infect that can dislocate to your heart muscle by physical exertion and literally kill you.
Happened to enough athletes, it's nothing new.

When you are sick you rest until you are well, that's it. After all you only have a cold like every 6 months or so or less, so who cares.

Everyone telling you to lift and don't be a pussy is either trolling or a bad case of MUH iron lyfe neckbeard.

When you were a baby, you couldn't recognize when your body was about to defecate. Maybe you felt something, but you didn't have the wherewithal to find a suitable receptacle for your bowel movement, and you ended up pushing it out into your clothes. What a stupid faggot.

....where are you hearing this? I feel like that's completely dependent on what the illness is.

My gym bro lifted with mono. Didn't even know he had it until 2 weeks in lol. If you think you can lift than lift. I do cardio hungover as fuck and always get a great workout in.

A cold is a viral infection which are commonly known to have the potential of dislocating and thus imposing a considerable risk to damage your heart when you exercise while being infected.

he didn't know he had it until 2 weeks in? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S FUNNY AS FUCK BRO LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know right lol? He even hit a bench PR that first week. I'm just glad I didn't catch it.

As a viral infection it could spread to your heart. It can bei really damaging to your health. Ask a doctor and not a vietnamese basket weaving board.

LOL STOP STOP I'M PISSING AND SHITTING IN MY PANTS

Yeah I don't seem to have any of these symptoms, so I¨ll just keep making gains. Stay niggered

Bro you okay?

STORY SO FUNNY CAN'T STOP SHITTING

Depends how sick you are really, if you have the energy then sure but don't go hard in the motherfuckin' paint nigga.

A'ight nigga das wassup

These are the symptoms that occur after you have trained and managed to dislocate the infection towards your heart muscle you fucking retard.
The average IQ on this board is so fucking low holy shit

LOL BBBBBRRRRRROOOOOOOOOO

Training while having throat issues (especially when they're from a cold) can lead to myocarditis

Woah! Chill man!

You can seriously fuck yourself up if you exercise while having the flu or any heart/lung related illness. What the fuck, are you actually this stupid?

jizz + snizz = kidz

head cold yes / body cold no
for the retards.. head cold (think cough drippy nose) body (think cold sweats)

just my uneducated two cents
i think it really depends on how youre feeling
the general rule that seems to be thrown around is that if the symptoms are above the neck, you should be fine, and if they are below the neck, you should stay home

either way, i think staying home and resting up is better than going to the gym to half-ass your routine while prolonging the duration of the cold
also its inconsiderate to other people who go to the gym, no one wants to catch your AIDS

stay away from the gym you plague carrier.
workout at home or outside

Or, if you took the time off you might not still be sick.

If I have a minor headache, sneeze or simple cough Ill work out maybe a bit lighter.

If it's below you neck, in your throat or chest or anything else. Take the time to rest. Let the body focus on healing one thing at a time, lifting isn't going anywhere, your gains wont suffer from a few days to a week off. If you're contagious though you also run the risk of getting others sick by touching the equipment, which is just an asshole thing to do.

Literally nothing wrong with a couple days to rejuvenate.

Lifting hungover is not the same as lifting when you have a virus or infection.

No you'll get everyone else at the gym sick you piece of shit

My personal experience is: sometimes.
Sometimes you feel a little shitty, and getting moving/getting your blood pumping at the gym perks you up.
Sometimes you feel a little shitty, and gym time is draining. What was a minor case of the sniffles is now holy-fuck-am-I-going to-die-itis.

Doing cardio is great when you have a cold, breathing heavily and quickly forces your lungs to work hard and expell mucus and fluid in them from the cold. My nasal tract is always more cleared out as well after cardio with a cold