Why do normies say weightlifters have big egos?

Why do normies say weightlifters have big egos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rJAXrB7mfoU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they can't stand it if someone might do something purely for themselves and benefit from it.

They have low egos. That's why they lift.

Pretty much this. im dyel as fuck and 2 months weightlifting. the few friends i know that lift are actually pretty nice people that are fun to be around, while the DYEL dudes are judgemental assholes.

It's just an assumption

Envy.
Weighlifters generally have small egos. Always looking to improve what they perceive as a shit body and looking for acceptance.

Why are chads so much nicer than betas and normies? Every chad I've talked to had been a fucking class act yet normies are regularly passive aggressive and bitchy.

I dont even know man.

Because they're weak.

Also, only the descendants of hippies think that the ego is a bad thing. The ego drives self- improvement. People toss that word around without knowing all of the connotations with it.

They don't anymore. Weightlifting is hip, and has been for at least the past four or five years.

There's no reason to be an asshole when you're cruising through life on easy mode and everyone sucks your dick anyway.
Shitty people are usually that way because they get treated like shit, or precieve their life to be shit (whether justified or not).

Exactly this. Hurt people hurt people nigga. If someone who's life is going great is still an asshole even then, they're a mega-asshole. If someone is an asshole when they're life is going shitty they're still an asshole, but at least it makes sense given the circumstance.

Because the idea that you become Chad by being an ignorant dickhead is a fantasy dreamed up by malcontents to fuel their persecution complexes.

Betas seek out petty short-term advantages over the people around them while CHAD treats PEOPLE WELL without being a pushover, and CHAD is still INFINITELY more respected than them because of his WELL- ADJUSTED ATTITUDE, VALUES, AND GOOD WILL FOR OTHER PEOPLE.

this

probably because they're not threatened by other males, all the males you hate are a threat to your women and status, we're no threat to a Chad.

There's a guy at work everyone calls Superman cause he is what you'd picture Superman to look like, 6'5 250lb and he doesn't even work out but built like a god and would dwarf pretty much everyone I've seen on Veeky Forums just on bone structure alone. He's nice as fuck and friendly to everyone in a bro-type manner. I want to hate him but there's no use lel after a while you just accept him as pack leader.

What does his face look like?

reminder FACE FRAME HEIGHT

Normies aren't used to people with confidence.

some people don't realize that you can interact with other ppl without being dominator or dominated. that's why you get stuff like this
youtube.com/watch?v=rJAXrB7mfoU
where the guy feels not in charge but wants to pretend he is in charge. just looks weird and sort of insecure.

If you are a confident and muscular person, people will say you are a douche or have a big ego

all of this

>t.chad

truth is most people at the top are super nice. the coolest kids are never weird asshole sociopaths. if you've ever worked at a large corporation, try hanging out with top management. i've met harvard mbas and every one of them has been a legitimately nice. meanwhile plenty of middle managers are asshole sociopaths despite having nothing to show for their behavior. lol.

Yah "cool and attractive" kids tend to be really nice. but wouldnt there be statistically be a few sociopath types among the cool kids? They know how to manupilate people but act nice on the outside

What everyone else said, anything from envy to ignorance.

However, there is that small subset of Veeky Forums people who ARE fucking narcisists and boring as fuck, obsessed with spending every minute not in the gym being mired and talking about fitness or their bodies. It borders on obsession. I would hope they are a minority though. I;m sure everyone has met this guy at some point. They give other health and fitness concious people a bad rep.

oh yah niggas who talk about the gym nonstop are annoying as fuck

>Kids

Kids don't have practice like adults do at detecting pathological behavior and punishing it on the social ladder. By the time adolescence is over, you have to be a *really* brilliant sociopath to keep up the act and still climb in society; some make it up the ladder and become politicians and such, sure, but most start floundering pretty hard by the time they're in their early-mid 20's, and by 30-40 are officially deadbeats who nobody respects.

Probably unpopular opinion but here it goes

>Be in high school, chubby, made fun of for man boobs etc
>move to a new high school, get my shit together, get in good shape (by high schooler standards, so abs and a slight amount of muscle mass)
>so happy with myself and my progress that it's all I can talk about
>every conversation I have somehow goes back to the gym and weightlifting
>start handing out unsolicited advice to everyone, essentially trying to convince the whole school that working out is the miracle cure for everything
>constantly back hand complimenting guys who also lift but are smaller than me
>constantly trying to subtly assert dominance in a weak attempt to mask my insecurities
>get the "because I am physically stronger than you, I must be superior in all other ways" kind of mentality to also cope with insecurities

>people start getting annoyed
>my obnoxious and arrogant attitude completely distracts everyone from my decent physique

So yeah what I'm getting at is that when I started lifting and seeing results, I got a massive ego about it. So chances are people who say "weight lifters have big egos" ran into enough people like me at some point.

But, something positive to take out of this (which I learned in college when I learned to just chill the fuck out and let my results speak for themselves) is that if you're humble and meek about lifting, people will tripping over themselves to compliment you or show you that they're impressed.

So yeah, put that in your toolbox I guess.

Yeah, all the popular kids at my HS are all doing things with their lives due to charisma and actually being chill to their peers. Average to barely below over compensating douches are the ones to look out for. The biggest douches I've ever met were always short dudes with little man syndrome or people who obviously read trp

good story, yah avoid talking about the gym 24/7

if your humble and muscular (or humble and attractive), people will like you a lot

>and actually being chill to their peers

What I would give to have been able to do this in high school. I always had such a chip on my shoulder for literally no reason. I was basically always on guard, and always felt like people were out to get me. Every time someone would bust my balls over something, I'd go into edgelord mode and start lashing back. If I had just played along with it and been chill, I probably could have been friends with so many more people. Lifting only made it worse because it just made me resort to using a bullshit "macho man" facade

Do you feel in charge?

Normalfags are literally cattle. They are nonentities. You don't consider the mental workings of a cow, do you?

M-Maks?

Because easy confidence in yourself is one of the key components of a Chad. If you're insecure, you're more passive aggressiveness about it.

>don't take care of your body
>see someone who does
>think "they must think more highly of themselves than I do, because they spend time bettering themselves whereas I prefer to spend my time doing other things"

Depends.
But then I'm not a guy that looks like I lift weights unless my shirts off.
I see guys clearly loaded on steroids that practically kill themselves trying to lift 40-50kg.

most weightlifters are normalfags you numskull

"muh steroids make fake muscles" alight boss

>he fell for the SS meme and now calls everyone bigger than him that doesn't focus on strength training a roider
lmao

Because they're collectivist braindead hipsters raised by baby boomers, and think that any sort of self improvement or personal goal achievement is 'egotistical'.