> some endurance

why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hbas1G_9JrI
instagram.com/p/BK9rvQPgqv1/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sure
you wouldn't ever have to be afraid of being hunted and you could impress normies

Parkour + Tricking is GOAT, just keep progression realistic and don't do anything too stupid.

> dangerous
> one mistake can cost your life/mobility
> worst than cardio for endurance
> worst than lifting for hypertrophy/strength
why not?

May as well allow natural selection to take its place.

How the fuck is that possible

>t. pussy

every single solitary one of this little fuck boy faggots i've had the misfortune of running into has been the most insufferable little bitch ever.

if you're a shit boy, go for it. if you're a man, stay away.

> not weighing potential risk and reward
Stay a brainlet m8. You fags are just as bad as the no deadlift idiots, you're just at the other side of the spectrum.

> not understanding safe progression
LMBO you are machine warrior-tier
have fun doing up downs in a poorly lit, smelly basement for 8 hours a week

I find it funny how you think dangerous jumps are inherent in parkour. Parkour is just about learning how to better maneuver your body around objects/obstacles. You can keep to pretty safe jumps and vaults and still do parkour, while getting in high intensity cardio (it's not for endurance dumbass). That ends up being low risk, high reward.

there is no such thing as safe progression for parkour. unless you're only doing it in a gym with mats than you are a dolt and deserve the injuries/death that happens to 100% of parkourfags

Beats not being able to do anything for 3 months while your broken leg heals

youtube.com/watch?v=hbas1G_9JrI
>this is dangerous
Yeah, you're definitely a pussy if you think practicing basic parkour movements until you have confidence and coordination to progress is dangerous. Bet you get scared when you see people deadlifting over 3 plates too.

yeah, its pussy to not want to jump between giant buildings and do backflips 1000 feet up in the air. you deserve your incoming spinal injury/life ruining concussion

>You can't do parkour unless you're jumping between giant buildings and doing backflips 1000 feet in the air.
Wow, are you genuinely this dumb? The video I linked is parkour, so unless you can argue that the video is dangerous, you are contradicting yourself in claiming that parkour is dangerous. Obviously stunts high up in the air are dangerous, but you don't need to do those to do parkour.

that's not what you do?

More like jumping boxes, backflipping on soft gym mats, handstands against a wall, muscle-ups

When you actually have the strength to backflip and jump far, there's no reason to fear doing it over concrete. Obviously, you aren't jumping off the Empire State Building.

Can you read? I just said deadlifts are a must even if they are dangerous when done incorrectly exactly because the reward is worth the risk

> high intensity cardio
HIIT is better and has essentially no risk. Anything in an uncontrolled environment involving jumps will be more risky than anything you can do in a gym (if done properly ofc), if you want to jump over small objects in a controlled environment go ahead but there is no point from a gains perspective (be it muscle, strength or overall health) and it would be quite boring.

No one said deadlifting is dangerous retard.

> retards thinks this is as safe as lifting
> missing 1:31 by one inch would land your face in concrete or get you a sprained ankle

I'm aware HIIT is superior. The point is that you get to be active in the world, learn control over your body, and improve high intensity cardio. It's also fun and an enjoyable hobby you can get progressively better at. The fact that you think a small risk (which would only really come about if you did something you didn't have the ability to do) precedes over all of the benefits makes you look like a giant pussy.

Also, I'm aware deadlifting isn't dangerous, the point is if you think the vaults in the video I linked are dangerous, you probably are enough of a wuss to be likened to someone who gets scared of mildly heavy deadlifts.

>risk and reward
>he says and goes lifting heavy objects in 4 ways

you just listed gymnastics. parkour is running around cities climbing and jumping over stuff.

>when you have the strength to bacflip far, theres no reason to fear doing it over concrete
yes obviously you will never make a small mistake EVER. good job proving how dumb you are

>one missed cue and you've slipped a disk
Mate, maybe you should reconsider your position if your entire argument is the exact same as the people who argue against deadlifts.

Ronnie only attempted 1:31 because he has a lot of experience and was confident he could make it. Someone who does not have that experience shouldn't attempt a precision jump like that, just like someone knew to deadlifting shouldn't try 3 plates.

unless you want to try the Ninja Warrior show, I see parkour is too stupid.

> come about if you did something you didn't have the ability to do
This is the problem. You can't access this properly in an uncontrolled environment (hence why some very good parkour guys get injured/kill themselves), do you know your maximum jump length and can you always calculate it properly in a random street? You can't say it isn't a very dangerous hobby, and there are more useful things to do with your time for gains.

On the other hand, you can deadlift to your 1RPM completely safe as long as you are anal about form, being anal about parkour safety would get you jumping over boxes on a gym.

You are assuming your control over variables is the same in both cases. Deadlift has one, only the weight. If you increase it too fast the fault is in you. When you jump over a fucking underground stair there are a lot more factors into play, there is no "natural progression" since you won't be doing parkour on a specific place where jumps increase by a known amount.

>literally worshipping a TV show
mama didnt give lil user enough attention?

whats the point of "muh gains" if you dont do shit with it? stop being a fucking automaton

Health, aesthetics, endurance, endorphins, better performance at non deadly sports?

instagram.com/p/BK9rvQPgqv1/
>a bunch of pussies itt afraid and too immobile to do this

why have aesthetics if you're so much of a pussy you won't even get in a car
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year

Every person I've seen doing parkour irl looked the same as dyel teens, so if you have no aesthetic/strength related goals and are fine with potentially fucking your shit up on any given day then go for it

Risk vs. reward, faggot. I couldn't live where I do and have a job if it weren't for cars. Parkour is nowhere near as life changing as convenient fast travel.

your continual efforts at creating strawmans is pathetic. parkour is not for the brave, its for the foolish or those with death wishes

It's pretty simple. You start by doing very easy things you are sure you'll be able to do (jump over a hip-level rail or standing long jump 5 feet onto the side of the curb) and slowly increase these in difficulty, while keeping the safety a top priority. It isn't a very dangerous hobby at all. It can be a somewhat dangerous hobby if you're stupid about it though, but I find that's the same with lifting.

You act as if someone can't check out the location they're going to practice at and do simple practice jumps to test it out first. If you're going to say that many people have gotten injured doing parkour, I could say the same thing about plenty of powerlifters and weightlifters (cue bicep tear compilation).

You're ignoring the risk and reward. Not using cars would make me lifestyle impossible. Not doing parkour has no negative effects besides not getting an extra hobby.

Also, learn2basicstatistics, 11 per 100.000 is nothing.

>tips fedora

>creative outlet

ill make it simpler. one activity is lifting a piece of metal up and down, the other is climbing atop structures and jumping around. they're not comparable dude

Alright, measure every single jump and take into consideration terrain etc. You probably won't kill yourself if you do this properly but the injury rate will still be astronomical compared to proper form lifting.

I can't even fathom how you can compare parkour's safety with lifting or any other sport desu.

Traveling somewhere 10x faster is a lot more useful than jumping over a stairwell you raging autist

I'm not, I'm merely arguing that there are risks present in both, that can be controlled to a degree for in both. You guys seem to be arguing that parkour is NEVER worth it, but weightlifting is, which is a viewpoint I can only think you came from by doubling down. The level of risk is subjective in both, so trying to argue that weightlifting is objectively worth it while parkour objectively isn't is stupid.

Parkour is objectively not worth doing because any health benefit from it can easily be gained in a controlled environment with much less risk. However lifting is the optimal way to increase muscle mass and strength which makes it objectively worth doing.

That is impressive if it's real. How did he generate enough force to clear that gap with just his arms?

He didn't, it was a running jump.

I don't think you understand what subjective and objective actually mean. Deciding that lifting weights is worth the risk of injury that comes along with it is subjective. So is the risk of injury from doing parkour. Regardless of what you do, you have to decide that it's worth it to you based on YOUR subjective value scale. Not only that, but you act as if building muscle and strength is an objective goal, but it's not. It's as subjective as becoming better at parkour. Therefore, choosing to lift weights is subjectively worth it so long as you have a desire to gain strength and muscle mass in the same way parkour is subjectively worth it so long as you have a desire to do parkour and become better at moving your body. Do you understand?

I wrote that under the pretext that you'd be able to understand that this is speaking objectively from a health and fitness standpoint but I obviously shouldn't have. To put it simply, parkour is objectively not worth doing for any health benefits, lifting however is objectively worth doing for health benefits such as strength and mass gain. Obviously an individual's deciding to invest their time into fitness endeavors relates to their subjective value of health and fitness, this doesn't mean that there isn't an objectively optimal way to exercise. If you enjoy jumping over shit then go ahead, but don't act as if you're doing it to reap health benefits.

Well yes, obviously if you're talking solely from the subjective viewpoint of health and fitness, it isn't worth it. But that is a pointless thing to consider, because no one does something solely for one reason. Therefore, arguing parkour isn't worth doing as a whole simply because it isn't worth doing solely for health gains, isn't a good argument. But I will concede that parkour isn't worth doing if your only goal in doing it is for health benefits such as cardio or coordination.

Discussing the health and fitness benefits of an activity seems like a perfectly plausible thing to discuss on a health and fitness board.

That doesn't mean that the health and fitness aspects are the only things that should be discussed about whether the activity is worth doing. But whatever, I fully understand your position, and I think you understand mine, so I don't think we need to continue this exchange.

Nah everyone has done shitty squats/deads, or failed a rep. Hell I fail reps at least monthly.

And nothing bad happens.

Anyway, parkour is obviously only as cool as it is dangerous.

Yeah, and plenty of people have failed parkour jumps and had very minor or no injuries. I'm not arguing against deadlifts, I was just presenting the parallel between arguing against lifting based on exaggerated risk and arguing against parkour on exaggerated risk.

Parkour instructor for 4 1/2 years now,

its wonderful cardio when you do it for for than 5 minutes straight, great cal burner, easy ottermode,. it wont get you swole AF on its own, and in the sport its worse to be big as shit.

As for danger, the real danger comes when people start doing crazy flips and massive roof gaps. Standard ground work and nothing obscenely crazy is perfectly safe when you're taught it right. If you mess up a vault and trip, you'd be surprised at A. how fast your mind thinks in saving you from eating the pavement, and B. if you do eat the pavement, how much your body can truly withstand and walk away from just fine.

>Kacy Catanzaro gets her dick sucked every single time she steps up to the plate
>they fucking call her it "mighty kacy" like that isn't the biggest jinx ever
>"waah so inspiring"
>"it's my last run because I'm going to be a pro wrestler"
>fails hard on the second obstacle

>and don't do anything too stupid.
like parkour or tricking?

>not wanting to be a master of cheap spins
Remember, spinning is a good trick

I think parkour is amazing and I am incredibly envious of the type of shit they can do. Especially how they can land safely on 20 foot plus drops.

On the other hand I've broken enough bones in my body, and there is no fucking way I'd be dumb enough to do it. My knee is already on the way out and even 2 foot jumps sometimes leaves a jolt up my body.
It is not fucking worth it.

>You fags are just as bad as the no deadlift idiots
people who just do calisthenics and cardio are idiots then awwww damn

Leave it to the french to invent a sport for running away

I thought this seemed awesome when I was younger, but now that I'm actually Veeky Forums enough I'm probably too old for the inevitable fuckload of injuries.

>hand slips once
>brain damaged
You keep doing it though, I don't think you'd notice the brain damage