How do Olympic lifters increase their gains while staying within their weight class...

How do Olympic lifters increase their gains while staying within their weight class? It seems like everyone on here talks about bulking to gain strength, whereas if you have a weightclass you cant gain weight.

>So how do they do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/06/26/bjsports-2017-097792
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Steroids
>Years of training
>Delirious volume
>More steroids
>Maintenance calories of OWL are higher than what you could bulk

They test for steroids

Oh? I guess they're all 100% natural then, hahahaa! Gosh we are stupid LOL XD

yeah and lance is natty

They also use HGH and Insulin.

What does insulin do?

It works to lower your blood glucose levels

They do bulk and cut so they are just within their weight class by the weigh in

Your naivety makes me smile

>implying a state sponsored doping program cant weave around drug tests.

they train their tendons and CNS, well, to be honest they work out their asses off but dont overeat

the fact you need to get bigger to be stronger is a meme

you can be stronger staying in a low bodyweight, it will be a little harder but it also depends in your genetics

if you can get stronger without increasing your BW you can be good for weightlifting, powerlifting if you are unflexible as fuck

lu xiaojun is 77kg at barely 5'7. He has probably 15-20kg of lean bodymass more than the average chinaman the same height. Just because they have a weight class doesn't mean they arent packed with muscle. Otherwise I agree, its mostly technique and CNS that makes the biggest difference at every level.

can testify
i got a good bit of muscle but im way stronger than almost anybody at the gym...

then again they all take creatine which gives you some strength gain but makes you significantly weaker relative to bodyweight

The best way to improve absolute strength is by increasing LBM (bulking) and increasing strength via CNS, technique proficiency etc. Most beginner programs such as SS aim to do all at the same time. More advanced athletes can still do this but at a slower rate.

Professionals in their weight classes have too much LBM for hypertrophy training to be worth the recovery resources (diminishing returns) or without moving up a weight class. and so strength training without hypertrophy (CNS, technique etc) becomes the only option. Now we're not getting bigger and gains become absolutely minimal. If Lu puts 2.5kg on his snatch in one year, he's happy about it.

>CNS
Central nerve system?

pretty much this, guys like Lu are all hypertrophied out in the muscles relevant for the competition lifts, they won't be building more muscle mass

early on in lifters careers it's common for them to move up classes as they get bigger

Do you know who tests Chinese athletes outside of anything but international competitions? This might surprise you, but it's CHINA! Just like every other country in the world, OOC and national level contests are in fact controlled by the national anti-doping agency, and I know this might be hard to believe, but if one were so inclined, it would in fact be VERY easy to smudge these results and thus give an appearance of having clean athletes!

There's two ways of doing this, one is outright falsification of test results and downright cheating, as one can see in China, Russia, Iran and several former USSR countries, the other is straight up negligence like we see in African countries, USA, Caribbean countries etc. etc.

I'd bet weightlifters have some of the lowest T levels in contest, just like shotputters from having to cycle off.

I think I read something along the lines of weightlifters being especially low T during competitions once.

Only people who have tried olympic lifting themselves will realize how insane the numbers these athletes put up in relation to their bodyweight truly is. The amount of explosivity required in this sport is insane, and the sheer training volume cannot be handled without additional "help" or a trip to snap city is imminent

Here's a study performed during the World Cup for athletics, suspiciously, all the biggest most muscular guys in the throwing events have the lowest T while the distance runners have the highest, hmm....

bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/06/26/bjsports-2017-097792

Insulin is one of the most anabolic hormones there is, I doubt it's used by weightlifters though, especially weight class lifters as what it really does is help you get as big as possible.

I think DHT-doping is the most prevalent right now, it's also harder to test for.

yep, tian tao used to be in same weightclass as lu.

More like Stanozolol.