What's the core exercise that you live by?

What's the core exercise that you live by?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_xdOuqokcm4
youtu.be/LfopcXzN48E?t=7m23s
youtube.com/watch?v=oaD6j_iPNc0&t=346s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

laughing at ur 1 rep max

unironically this

weighted planks and weighted crunches

>weighted planks

What a faggot

Leg raises. Toe-to-bar or bust

>he's insecure because he can't hold a body weight plank

Forward ppt planks

Pic related.

Is this real or nah? Any Veeky Forumsizens can confirm?

deadlift
squat
bench
OHP
row

there is your core right there.

Lol I can do Dragonflags you weak pussy. I guess you are fine with shit ab gains. Enjoy the unnecessary weight on your back because real ab works hurts a little too much

Planks are a really good exercise because they develop the transverse abdominis, the deepest ab layer that stabilizes your spine. They are also great for controlling your scapula and making sure you have good shoulder position.
Ab rollers are probably the most brutal. The eccentric load puts greater stress on the rectus abdominis than a traditional concentric load, and can be scaled to add weight on your back if you do it right

Flexing my stomach while trying to take a dump
Also hanging leg raises and reverse crunches

Dragon flags and landmine twists. There your abs should be strong as fuck now. Ignore fatasses telling you to do planks

Sure man. Whatever you want

>weighted crunches
MY MAN! My daily routine for abs is 3x40 weighted crunches, followed by planks, then leg lifts, then incline curl ups and one more leg lift set. But in this routine the only one that really gets me sore and tired is weighted curl ups. I love them.

This is the ultimate core exercise but its really hard to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=_xdOuqokcm4

Hollow body holds are my new favourite.

Make sure your lower back it in contact with the ground.

kek
i couldnt last 10 seconds into this video without laughing my fuckn ass off

Front Squat

Cleans, literally the GOAT

Groundbreaking

How's SS going champ?

Deadlift.

deadlift, squat, OHP and snatch

I just use that hammer machine thing and those fun sideways rotations

t. DYEL

Hanging leg raises, ab wheel rollouts, and standing cable crunches in either a squat or deadlift stance are pretty good for abs.
Suitcase carries or whatever they're called are pretty good for obliques/grip strength
Back extensions/front squats/rows/glute ham raises for lower back/thoracic erectors/posterior chain bullshit

This is the only tool you need for great abs.

The only tools you need for actually great abs are a heavy barbell on your back standing up and down a few times, and putting down the fork

fuck I wish I could even get 1/3 of Lu Xiaojun's or Tian Tao's strength+aesthetics

Planks and side planks, side bends, ab wheels. I do ten reps or 30 seconds after every set until I hit ten sets

Hanging leg raises.
Ab wheel.
Heavy paused front squats, no belt.

Standing Cable Crunch

hanging leg raises
weighted crunches
ab wheels
side bends

dont believe the meme that the big 3 are all you need for abs. it wont hurt to do extra core work and it will make you more stable

>dont believe the meme that the big 3 are all you need for abs

same goes for arms

t. noob who's starting to see the light

Is that why top level power lifters and strongmen do direct ab work almost to a man?

OHP, Zercher squat, diddy, squats work the core to some degree, but to get that pop I add in Ab wheel rollouts, suitcase diddys and landmind twists

watch

>uneven obliques

Are people really falling for the meme that you just need to squat and dead lift to achieve a strong core in 2017?

My two favorite are ab wheel and hanging leg raises

as if you could slide your arms in that position. fake

Elliott Hulse says it's true man.

Backflips.
>explosive abs

men can't do backflips though. I can't even do a bridge.

yeah man i bet you're making great gains lifting your legs up in the air twice a week with zero progressive overload

>Are people really falling for the meme that you just need to squat and dead lift to achieve a strong core in 2017?
>Strong core

This part is true. Squats and deadlifts strengthen your core. However, they do nothing for developing an aesthetic core. You can also get more gains on heavy lifts from working your core on its own, which is why every powerlifter/strongman/olympic lifter does core work.

So the bottom like is do your fucking core work.

They do strengthen your core, but it's definitely only a little bit

ab isolation >>>>> no ab isolation, especially considering abs recover really quickly

The thing I don't understand is this: you can do direct ab work between or after almost all other exercises, it takes you 30 seconds and you need no equipment. if you don't do it, you are just lazy. It has zero negative effects but a ton of positives. If you're not peaking or testing your max just do some legraises and see the gainz roll in

Is training abs every 48 hours a good idea or a bad idea?

What about every 24 hours?

Why do I feel my right oblique always but my left hardly? Even when doing stuff like planks

if you can do 3 sets of 15 straight toe to bar legraises you can still easily progress to front levers, 360 or whatever. or just put a db between your feet

youtu.be/LfopcXzN48E?t=7m23s

I train abs everyday I am in the gym, 6 days a week.
Planks
Leg raises.
Weighted crunches.
Ab wheel.

steve cook made a point that he doesn't like to use weights with his ab exercises because he doesn't like to have bulging, thick abs. I used to do the exercise where you hold a dumbbell at your side and lean over the side and then bring it back up, to build the side of the abs. After watching his vid, I pretty much only stick with basic compound lifts and hanging leg/knee raises, trying to keep things as simple as possible. here's the video btw
youtube.com/watch?v=oaD6j_iPNc0&t=346s
he does other exercises too but I don't have time for all of the smaller isolation stuff ppl like him and athlean x put in videos. I like to keep it brief and simple due to time constraints.

>steve cook made a point that he doesn't like to use weights with his ab exercises because he doesn't like to have bulging, thick abs

he doesn't want to get too bulky :S

Russian twists with feet about 3 inches off the ground, heel touches (I called them penguins in 6th grade when I first did them and I forgot why), planks, and hanging knee raises

how does this circuit look Veeky Forums:

4x:

cable crunchesx10-15
weighted decline situpsx10-15
leg raisesx10-15
side plank 1min. each side / front plank 2min. (alternate)

> tfw used to love woodchoppers and side bends till it almost injured my back

how breh?

hanging leg raises, mountain climbers, cable twists, ab roller

I got some nasty pain in my left side extending to the glutes and couldn't bend sideways. Someone once told me the spine isn't meant to twist sideways thats probably what did it.

>spine isn't meant to twist sideways

like a torsional sort of action?

dips, back in the day it was squat

>SS
>rows

that's the ab exercise

weighted decline sit-ups
L-sits 3xFailure
Ab wheel
Hanging leg raises/wipers
various planks (usually at the end of the workout so I just fuck around till I drop dead)

t. Fat powetlifter who has never seen his abs

>L-sits 3xFailure

Isn't this just a meme?

(not him)
not if you do it right. Those fuckers burn me out in like 40 seconds.

deadlifts and a 500 calorie deficit

how do you load up more weight on weighted planks? I really wanna do them but cant put more than 1pl8 on

>can't even do bodyweight ab exercises
>talks about progressive overload

You see I could do any ab exercise you do but you could not do most of what I do because your abs are weak

i hate that manlet with a fiery passion
I don't know why

Push-ups or running.

>this is what bodyweight fags actually believe

Bicycle crunches

Just here in this thread to laugh my ass off at the fuckboys who fume at the mention of squats and deadlifts being a good core exercise

ITT: Spinal problems by age 30

I do planks with my 210lb gf laid on my back.

bent-over row was mentioned once in SS book as a substitute for power cleans.

What the bets excercise for massive torso? Wide powerful shoudersl, chest, abs, waist

lmao give it a try

I know this isn't the thread for it but I didn't want to make my own and push another out of the board. I wanna learn how to make my own routines, but I'm lacking in knowledge to do it, I know the muscle groups well enough and some exercises but I'm looking for resources to learn on the subject, are there any website or books that I can look for to learn? I wanna get serious about gaining muscle and I feel that I need to learn some stuff.

Start by actually lifting. Use a premade routine. Along the way, you'll find what works better for you and incorporate more of it.

This. I live for the dragonflags, and after starting to do them about 3 times a week only (usually sets of 5, 5-7 reps), my abs become huge in about 3 weeks.

I don't know about the landmine twists. I'm going to look it up now.

no, I already lift, have been doing so for a few years, but I don't see any gains, even following the protein rules for bulking, my gym has guys that make a routine for you every 3 weeks or so and I've just followed those, I think I may have low test or some other methabolical issue, I'll be going to see a doctor soon about that. Either way they always give lots of machines instead of free weights and I feel that isn't helping my situation, so I'd like to learn more. Where, on your opinion, is a good place for well tested pre made routines? I would very much like to incorporate them into my current one, I'm sure I can find tutorials on form and execution on my own.

genetics

Post weight, squat, bench, deadlift, ohp 1rms, number of pullups, what routine you've been following and a typical day of eating

Good routines for beginners are SS, phrak's GSLP and programmingtowin's novice routine
Good routines for intermediates are madcow, TM,, HLM, GZCL, Nuckols 28 free, C6w, Nsun's 531 and others

I don't like him either (nasally, weak voice and racemixer is probably why), but this video has a lot of good information.

I'm 138lb and 5'7'' I think that's right at least, metric user. I haven't benchmarked those and don't even know how to.

My diet is fine though, according to the guides on the sticky, I even go over the total caloric count, sometimes I fall short of the protein grams for bulking by around 10g but never more than that. I'll take a look at the routines you linked, hopefully after some 7 years of going to the gym 5 times a week I'm closer to intermediate, feels like time wasted sometimes

Jesus Christ

I know, but please help me

Knee crunches into crunch kicks.

lol no

I'll try
>I'm 138lb and 5'7''
Eat more food
>I think that's right at least
What do you mean
>metric user.
What does that have to do with anything
>I haven't benchmarked those and don't even know how to.
What are you even referring to
>My diet is fine though
No, it's not, you're underweight. I think, I'm not sure, I haven't been at that height and weight since 6th grade
>according to the guides on the sticky, I even go over the total caloric count, sometimes I fall short of the protein grams for bulking by around 10g but never more than that.
Can you please stop beating around the bush and just post how much you squat, bench etc?
>I'll take a look at the routines you linked, hopefully after some 7 years of going to the gym 5 times a week I'm closer to intermediate, feels like time wasted sometimes
After 7 years you should be advanced
What exact routine were you doing

ab wheel, come on

I meant that I use the metric system, so I wasn't sure about my height in inches, since I just did that from memory. I'm not underweight according to any standard of measurement. I'm not even skinny. I meant that the squats and other numbers you asked for are benchmarks to know how strong I am, I don't know if that means how much I could possibly do on any of those exercises on a single rep or if that means how much I usually do. I'm not familiar yet with the exercise's names in english, but I usually squat with 30kg on each side of the bar, 3x8, for the bench press I usually do 45kg on each side, 3x12 I think that's how you type in reps? Like I said I want to learn, and the fact that I struggle to give you information is just more evidence of that. I started by asking for reading resources and recommendations on learning places.