Hobbies

>"bhahahaha... don't you have any other hobbies besides lifting?"

But really, what are some other hobbies besides lifting? I used to play guitar for about 8 years, but now I just have no passion in it anymore. I feel like my life is work, lift, sleep. I have no gf, no passion in life for anything else, and I'm stuck in a constant cycle of, "I can't wait to get off work." But then, when I do get off work, or it is the weekend, I find myself shitposting here, watching endless YouTube videos, and even started video gaming again. I then find myself thinking I should be more productive, such as being as work, but then the cycle continues.

So, I ask you Veeky Forums, what are some other hobbies or interests that you do that help you pass the time? I'm graduated from uni so school shit doesn't count.

I raise chickens.

This actually sounds pretty fulfilling. I live in the city though, unfortunately. Country life sounds /comfy/.

Country life can definitely be a fun experience. I'd warn you that it can be very tiring not seeing others, and can be hard to meet others as neighbors are often doing their own work.

I like to rub my cum on the filters of cigarettes, put them all back in the pack, and then leave it where someone will find it and hopefully smoke them.

Depending on your city's zoning laws/if you have a house its possible to raise chickens in the city. I know a few people in Houston and Austin who do it as a hobby.

I play Go

I like mycology and other nerd shit.

i also have conflicting feelings toward this area of self-improvement
at what point is self-improvement, as tyler durden says, just masturbation?

all those self-improvement articles always talk about this need to cultivate yourself to become an interesting person
>pick up an instrument
>engage in hobby X or Y instead of Z because X is socially acceptable but Z is lame
why stop there then
>always be learning a new language
>pick up drawing too
>also you should become a chess master
>and learn the art of improv comedy
>and go snowboarding or skydiving because riding a bike is lame

also why don't women have to have interesting hobbies and shit

>tfw just a sour grape because only hobbies are lifting and riding the longboard

Bet you can raise a cock too

how does a motherfucker learn, motherfucker?

I heard that that game is more complex than chess. I used to have chickens and it was pretty nice. Great for gains

>skydiving
overrated af

reading
guitar
making goofy joke hip hop with my friend
mountain biking

I fucking hate you, OP.
I hate your stupid start of a thread.
I hate you for my desire to post ITT.
But you know what I hate most?
Is that the answer is simple
go get laid
don't try
just go get laid
you sad sack of shit.
You sad, sad sack of shit.
It's not that hard.
JUST LIKE YOUR COCK.

> I like to rub my cum on the filters of cigarettes, put them all back in the pack, and then leave it where someone will find it and hopefully smoke them.

Also this motherfucker cracks me up.

>also you should become a chess master
This is one I've always wanted to do. But I then find myself thinking, "What's the point?" I've always enjoyed playing, but taking it to that "next level" so to speak seems kind of pointless beyond hustling people at a game here and there.

On top of this, how does one cope with the fact they will never be a master at anything. For example, if I even took my chess playing to that next level and dedicated my life to it, I'd still probably just be an intermediate player, never a grandmaster.

i'm no mycologist but that's a damn beautiful specimen. edible?

I like to lift, which leads to me liking to eat well and take supplements, which leads to me learning to cook. Lifting also leads to me reading a lot of articles and research studies about health and fitness, which leads to me reading about biology, biophysics, and (beginner's) biochemistry.
It can be a surprisingly complex hobby, for something that's entirely based around picking things up and putting them down.

This. I was actually Chess "Captain" in my highschool. We were the top team in our school district, out of 7 other highschools. I tried my hand at three tournaments and I was knocked out on 1st and 2nd rounds every time. I was ranked a below average player elo player.

Ego got slapped hard. Don't think I've actually played in 5 or 6 years now.

So ur like a nerd lol

Some people are just born high IQ/natural ability and others have been doing it since they were a child. Even worse would be a combo of both like Mozart or something. How can brainlets like us compete?

join a community that plays the game, a real person club or a online group, see one of the online tutorials and then try playing in the small boards for a time

there is a reddit group r/baduk where people ask for lessons and reviews, you could start there

depends, do you have an elo or you just know the rules? do you even enjoy chess or you just want to prove yourself something with it? chess and go shines after you know the fundamentals (meaning, you don't make basic blunders), but for that you need to train with a lot of chess and go problems first, and break the 1300-1500 chess barrier, most of people just know the rules and barely recognize basic shapes and patterns while playing

I find go more enjoyable in the higher level than chess, and far less frustrating, but that's just my opinion

>I heard that that game is more complex than chess.
Not that guy but its only more computationally complex because there are more spaces than a chessboard. There are less rules than chess but the configuration of the pieces can create some interesting cases. There is a lot of strategy vs tactics trade off.

>combo of both like Mozart or something

shit, like GeT_RiGhT in CS

i liked vidya, anime and music.
played guitar like OP for several years, but now the only thing that i really enjoy is lifting.
desu this is worrying me.

try your hand at other hobbies, breh

Yeah I like to slice them and fry.

>shit, like GeT_RiGhT in CS

lmao that lil faggot cant aim for shit. played against him on a 1v1 server, fucking destroyed him. Honestly everyone says cs is about being smart and yeah that is true, but Godlike aim+ reaction time will always win a match.

I mean he pretty much IS the Mozart of csgo

sh-shut up

I have /k/ommandosexual proclivities

working on my car, guitar, sewing, leathercrafting, cooking
guess that's not enough for any girl whose only fucking interest is netflix

You ever grow psilocybin cubensis?

>guess that's not enough for any girl whose only fucking interest is netflix
You forgot Chipotle and Starbucks too, shitlord.

i'm a Veeky Forums Veeky Forumstist

Damn, this really pisses me off. I only ever come across women who's only hobby is getting fat and while watching a stupid show.

nice lion's mane breh, what substrate are you using? growing any other species?

uhm.. hold on..

Most of my days are spent out with FRIENDS. if I am not doing a night out i am at work or shopping so don't give me this sob story about "oh i am a man i can't have hobbies"

men have so much more time than women. also you don't have a week out of every month where you are in literal agony and bleeding out of your vagina. really it's pathetic my social life comes so easily and you can't even leave the house except to go to the gym

t. larping man

Fuck I wish morels grow where I live

Sawdust and wheat bran. I also like King Oyster. Right now I need to get my spawn in order. I was having trouble with bacteria or some shit.

Check out MushroomAdventures on YouTube. He's attempting to cultivate them. I might try to grow them sometime soon.
I have the mycelium growing on agar right now. Just gotta clean it up first.

>men have so much more time than women.

Care to explain?

men have the ability to not talk for hours straight

>men have so much more time than women
>24 hours in the day so it can't be that...
>women live an average of 5+ years longer than men... maybe?
What did she mean by this?

In average for every 24 hours a man gets 30. It's similar to the wage gap.

post pics

LONDON

That's all well and good until you're actually studying biochem and it becomes work. Then what?

This is some fresh pasta, right?

Texas zoning laws are fairly relaxed compared to cities on the coast

I do acro yoga a few times a week for fun. I get to put my gains towards doing cool shit

hey man i go outside to do grocery shopping too

>I also enjoy painting and playing miniature war games
>I'm also a practicing wizard would m'lady like me to cast her a spell (this actually worked once)
>I compete in Highland games and strongman(more like weakman) as well

When I'm not at work and not excercising then i read books or watch some documentary.

I already have an unrelated job I enjoy, so I'm not too worried

>at what point is self-improvement, as tyler durden says, just masturbation?
When you go into fields solely to impress other people.
It's not masturbation if you legitimately just have a lot of interests and pursue them all. That just makes you passionate.
But if you learn/do something just so you can impress people and massage your ego then it's just masturbation.

Women don't care about your hobbies.

The trick is to criticise their hobbies and keep them on the back foot to try and impress you.

Is csgo, lifting, watching movies and tv shows, browsing forums and hanging out with friends not enough?

Srs question.

i play in a punk rock band. keeps me occupied and it's awesome fun. plus women seem to find it quite interesting, even ones who don't like the kind of music we play.

Linux, kyaking and fishing. Nothing beats a nice, cloudy morning on the lake.

I still play guitar every single day OP. I'm also 20, make minimum wage, have no gf, am virgin, and can't 1/2/3/4, so fuck it

>Women don't care about your hobbies.

>The trick is to criticise their hobbies and keep them on the back foot to try and impress you

I agree with this

I do Brazillian jiu jutsu and compete, then I run for fun, I've been trying to learn how to play an instrument.

>Only took ~40 pages to get to the intrigue of my novel

I write. I had to characterize the main character and his friend, set up the premise, and show their motivation before I could have them do anything cool. Basically, I have to rely on having an interesting writing style to keep that 2% of the audience that is still reading until the cool part.

Loled

Wind / regular surfing is the thing I picked up this year that sucked me right in, next vacation gonna go to an actual surf camp shit gonna be cash as fuaaark
Otherwise, weedlmao + hiking with friends, vidya, but lifting is always number one.

Really gotta pick up some hobby for more brain gainz, is getting an arduino kit worth it for fucking around?

Now I need

photography
playing guitar
collecting old art/photog/design books

gossoping with your fake friends about chad's dick doesn't count, try again

>inb4 complains about childbirth as the hardest thing a woman has to do

video games, music, drugs, parties, camping in the bush, parties in the bush, culture in general (studied anthropology), I consider meeting and interacting with people somewhat of a hobby although sometimes I am in the mood for it and sometimes I am not.

films, I could probably impress some bitch by rattling off a bunch of cool movies and listing some actors/directors. but who gives a shit? I do stuff that I like doing, and if bitches don't understand that its because they are fucking women lol

unironically, not bad advice

you should still get hobbies tho

sauce?

literally one of my shots my dude :)

Nice breh, you got a Flickr?

I'm thinking of picking up photography as a hobby. Been lurking /p/ lately

Particularly interested in long exposure photography

>hobbies
>video games
>drugs
>parties
kys

Nah - just insta/tumblr. I post on /p/ semi-occasionally, a lot more back in the day. But hey, photography is one of the most rewarding things anyone can pursue, even if it's just on a personal level so I encourage you to give it a try.

OFFER ME YOUR WISDOM.
I want to be good like you!

Did you have to get Veeky Forums before you were able to ask girls for permission to photograph them? Or are they all people you just already knew?
Where did you learn all the editing knacks you must have?

I paint graffiti. I'm not very good but I like the rush of tagging, the scene gossip and relaxed burner jams with my friends and some booze. Its nice having something creative to do you're not very good at because every little thing that turns out a bit better than you expected feels lovely

i hike and do mildly interesting outdoor things.

Thanks, user. What's your setup? I was thinking of saving up for a Fuji X-T1 as an entry.

its great that you are ruining public spaces and all but how about you employ some real ambition in your vandalism rather than this self-pitying mentality

>ooh this fart smells not so bad as my other farts

just keep your mouth shut dont talk all day about the most nonsense unimportant shit

I'm also a girl and men around talk more than me also regardless of period pain just go to the gym it helps with the pain, you'll be better off not complaining

I make BBC sissy hypnotics. Before you call me a fag, I can deadlift 500lb, can you?

>I'm also a girl

I don't believe you for a second. post pics

You are literally me. Played in a band for 8 years. Had mild success and a record contract. Said fuck this I'm done with the music biz. Now it's work, gym, video games. Only I have a new girlfriend now so that's ok I guess but she's batshit crazy. I had a passion for art and lost it but I'm kinda getting back into it. I'm actually a pretty decent artist and have been published by a few comic companies but it became so mechanical and boring. Thinking I wanna do my own stuff and put out my own artbook. Tired of doing super hero shit.

>hahaha you play video games?
>spends 8 hours a day on Facebook and Snapchat

You're still a fucking faggot.

i don't deadlift, but you're still a huge faggot. black dicks literally look like logs of shit and sissy hypno vids are irritating. hypnosis doesn't work like that, you're just a huge faggot that likes dicks that looks like turds who mashes up clips of dicks that looks like turds with random words pasted over them, who happens to be able to dl 500 lbs. conga-rats

how to into mycology?

How do you even know what they feature unless you consume them? You're such a factor you probably watch the ones I make.

You need to renew your passions!! Are you staying true to your path?
What is important to you? reflect upon yourself and find out what is most important and gives you the most happiness and then go do that! Guitar is great and as a fellow guitarist who has lost his way, I found it again today playing some guitar with my little brother. It comes back, you just need to focus on it again. If it's something new that you are looking for, stop being lazy / asking for people to find your passion for you. Go to a book store and follow your intuition / gut feeling on things that spark your interests. go around and flip through a bunch of books, grab like five of your favorites and sit down and read some with coffee. The the one that you get stuck reading the most, buy that one. Repeat things that are like the aforementioned, and you will begin to find new things and add depth to your personality and enrich your mind and soul.

x

Every weekend I go /out/ usually alone, sometimes people come along, but fuck I much prefer being alone except for how you need to find some locker to leave your stuff before dipping in the beach or whatever.

Good weather: Skating around town
i started cooking, trying to make everything from scratch, so a lot of prep is involved
also regular DSA (likeDnD in german and rules) evenings with old, old childhood friends instead of drinking
>scallops braised with thyme on self made mayo

i clicked for curiosity, wasn't a bbc one. literal faggot, but im not attracted to niggers.

>self made mayo
maintaining protein efficiency eh?

Of course my dear. I'm a 9/9 mythic raider on World of Warcraft, I like to read literature and I play the violin

do people pay you for these?

or do you pay the models since you're an amateur?

Chess
Books
Woodworking
Any team sport (free social gains)
Cooking
Music instruments