"Losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time? That sir is simply improbable"

>"Losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time? That sir is simply improbable"

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/22zsq4/the_miracles_of_dead_lift_scoliosis/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sure you can try losing fat and gaining muscle simultaneously if you want to wait 10 years to see results

As I said in a different thread, I don't know if I'm gaining muscle but the weights I started with feel light now. They feel heavy again once I double them.

I assume that's because I've actually gotten stronger by building muscle. But I've also dropped 27kg in the past five months.

>making significant strength progression on a caloric deficit
>spending 1 year on a strict diet and training regimen to see progress you could get from a 3 month bulk 3 month cut

whoops forgot my demeaning strawman fedora gif

Doesn't that depend on your goal?

Or are you joking?

assuming losing fat and gaining muscle are your goals you can do them in separate stages much more effeciently

But if your goal is losing fat primarily, are you saying it is better to just stop lifting?

I'm . I'm finding lifting helpful, but I'm obviously pretty new to this.

A) this thread is trilbys
B) of course you can, bulking and cutting is a myth for anyone not a professional BBer
You actually can not; they are part and parcel of the same metabolic processes
if your goal is losing fat, you need to maximize the amount of energy you burn and minimize your caloric intake. lifting is incredibly energy intensive- more so are endurance strength athletics like swimming, wrestling and rowing. the most efficient ways to burn calories are the following, in order: high intensity long format erging(rowing); wrestling/judo; bicycling; biking; hard manual labor; running
>crossfit can suck a dick although it is very good at this too
only if you're a tard. If you're fat, you're already eating a a surplus. lifting will convert a substantial amount of that surplus into growing muscle, which will mean your body loses fat. once you hit an equilibrium, do some basic fucking math and start making progress again.

this isn't hard. Mario Pudawhatthefuckthispolack was a worlds strongest man and ripped as fuck. most of his competitors were giant balls of lard(and fat). Giant world of thrones guy: lean, not ripped

being fat is a choice. being muscular is a choice. being lean is a choice. any two of the three are also a choice

>stop lifting for a while
>gain a bunch of fat
>start lifting again
>muscle memory rapid mussel gains
>fat loss errywhere
its possible bros

I guess I should be more specific: my primary goal is fat loss. I also have no experience lifting, and I want to lift.

Is there a reason I should not lift while cutting? Or is it just that it isn't the most efficient way to go about expending energy and building strength while cutting fat?

nope. lifting is great for fat loss. the other exercises mentioned are the most efficient ways to burn calories but if all you have is an hour or so a day, lift heavy, work hard, and watch your waistband shrink. make sure you DON'T "compensate" by upping your intake until you know exactly what your TDEE is and what you need to eat. may novices get fucked by starting a lifting routine and immediately following it up with an extra pizza and hoagie routine to match their burn. Eat less than you burn. if you're fat, you'll lose it and get strong, that's a promise made by thermodynamics

OK cool. I don't care about efficiency, I know slow and steady is what is going to win me this race. I've been doing a lot of walking, and more recently I'm taking time 6 days a week for lifting.

Thanks for clearing that up. I see no reason I won't make it, in time.

help a loser out.
skinny fat
75kg 186.5cm (165pounds, 6feet1.5inch)
do i bulk into cut, or cut into bulk
really weak muscles i sit on my ass

lift weights and eat. brosplit and deadlifts

don't think i should deadlift. got scoliosis

>spending 6 months being fat

Don't try and break any world records, but you can do the exercise. over time, it will probably even help. your new back muscles will push your spine back into place. i am not making this up.

just don't push it too fast.

Sound broscience. I'll do it

Sure it can be done.

On 500 tren.

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/22zsq4/the_miracles_of_dead_lift_scoliosis/

just don't push it. pay attention to your body and lift to improve, not to beat the champ.

good luck, gimpy. we're pulling for ya

If you're fat just keep cutting and lifting. Whatever progress, as little as it might be, that you make on strenght and building muscle will be good for you in the long run.

not the guy you were talking to, but thank you man

Lift. Recovering fatty here. I lift with a pulsemeter and a chestband and i easily burn 1000+ kcal in one gy session. Do this 3 times a week while eating a slight deficit and having a solid protein intake you should see results quite fast.