What do you think?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

gravitus.co/blog/ufpwrlifter-path-to-410lb-bench-press/
youtube.com/watch?v=X54ZWq8lEUU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Muscle fibers work in a way that they can transfer the most force if the movement is in line with the muscle fiber. So when you hit decline, you have a GREATER activation of the lower fibres. But the rest still helps. This is the same for flat and incline.

Very good answer mate, thanks!

Instead of varying angles, try different pressing movements, removes the redundancy, saves time and is more efficient across all other muscles that help pressing. e.g dips, bench, OHP

weighted dips are the shit

flat bench is shit compared to them
t. anecdotal evidence

say goodbye to your shoulders bro

>Muscle fibers work in a way that they can transfer the most force if the movement is in line with the muscle fiber.
This is true
>So when you hit decline, you have a GREATER activation of the lower fibres
This is not

You're acting like if the muscle fiber achieves greater efficiency in its action, it knows to "Grow more"
That's not true at all. If the muscle is activated, it will grow. It doesn't matter if it's being used inefficiently. In fact, being inefficient may make it grow even more since growth is spurred on by damage.
It's all bro science to think that you can get parts of a single muscle to grow differently.

You can't shape your pecs. You got what you got.

At most you got 2. Upper pec and lower. Decline hits mostly lower, flat hits lower and a tad bit of upper. Incline mostly upper.

fucking stupid

incline bench definitely hits the clavicular head more, and flat bench definitely hits the sternocostal head more

decline bench is redundant and gay unless you have a shoulder injury to work around

y u so dumb

It's basic biomechanics, of course the muscle fiber achieves greater effiency in its action.
Adduction/anteflexion will obviously not stress the the sternocostal fibres inserting at the lower portion of the sternum much. Dips will not build a great upper chest.

more stress on the upper - more damage on the upper - more growth on the upper

>bro science to think that you can get parts of a single muscle to grow differently
groups of fibres can be activated differently. so you can, to an extent, isolate upper and lower but not left and right on the pec. the same is true for other muscles like the various heads of the tricep

keep in mind however that this is really the minutia of bodybuilding and most people won't ever have to worry about it

I'd say activating different part of the muscles is mostly true for muscles working a ball/socket joint. Pecs, lats, glutes etc.

For example lats insert all the way from the hip bone -> up the spine to th7. Lower/upper lat activation is a real thing. But probably not that interesting for natty regular joes that have been lifting for 2 years

I honestly think that as a natty you need to focus on working all your muscles/fibres, bc its really hard to heavy elite sized lower chest but it is really achievable to have above average upper,lower, shoulders,lats etc.

Interesting thanks duder

reverse grip bench is the best.

Supposedly reverse grip bench activates the upper pec more than incline. If only it wasn't so awkward

Not to be that normie but I just do bench and cable flys and my chest is impressive enough

Just fucking try doing incline vs flat and you can feel the difference. If not you're too dyel to have developed a muscle mind connection

Who /rabbithole/ here?
I'm doing skullcrushers and ohp exclusively for chest, treated as compounds just because I want to see how much different I can make my chest look than everyone else's. I'll continue until natty limit zero routine change
Tbh it's already starting; top center of the division of the left and right specs is growing at a faster rate than other sections.

Wanna apply to legs but right now just running high volume low bar squats

Tbh I want to see how this turns out. I always preferred ohp to bench anyway, just manlier. Post updates in cbt threads?

Who have bigger pecks: powerlifters or bodybuilders? Now you tell me if bench pressing will get you big pecks.

do people who spout this shut just never tried the bench variations?

my upper chest was nonexistent until I started doing incline and flys

anybody who has actually gone to the gym more than twice should be able to tell you can hit different parts of the chest

Guys
I was pissed at weak gains after a straight month of a good routine.

Today I went full chest. 5 sets wide bench,5 sets Reg bench. Tons of incline (2 variations) then fly's, push-ups and ended with weighted dips.

A little over halfway through I felt my chest ripping so I turned up the music and started yelling while keeping the pace.

At weighted dips I felt a very sharp pain shoot through my chest muscle. Left side more painful. But right had it too

Attempted second set, strong pain so I jumped down and just did abs.

They are already super sore. And I've been working them regularly.

Would Veeky Forums have kept going? Did I just injure myself?

Whenever I try incline bench my delts will burn out far before my chest does.
Decline bench gives me the exact same feelings as regular, but with the added risk of decapitation.

idk about you guys, but i didn't start seeing major pec gains until I started doing incline dumbbell press with heavy dumbbells. I don't know how to bench, it always hurts my shoulders, even though I watched 100 form videos. I just do incline dumbbell bench with >50lbs and my pecs look way better now.

>efficiency
it's about how much strain is put on that particular muscle, m8, more microtears or whatever it is that actually builds muscles because there is more strain being put on that muscles.

Rows work your back but not as much as diddlies.

it's the same concept but over a slightly smaller area.

strained pec

dont do splits first off

second, dips need proper warmup, its much higher range of motion than bench.

third, dont go full retard with weight and speed. Slow and controlled reps.

i do dips all the way down and it looks like snapcity but its not

t. lifts for 2 months

>started yelling
>I felt a very sharp pain
>strong pain
>Did I just injure myself?
I don't know, what do you think?

did you read the part where I had been working out for a long time before I did the dips?

I wasn't going fast at all, if anything I was going too slow.

not 100% sure. Not sure if the is the ticket to gains city or trouble blvd.

right now they're not painful unless I try to move something relatively heavy.

Watching bodybuilder documentaries. Looks like those assholes workout like this every day.

Wasn't sure if I was going too easy

>fucking unironic thinking emoji
>childrens drawings
>Pheasyque with the instagram color ring around it
>"this is bullshit because no!!"

who is the fucking retard that made this and how have they not drowned in their own spit

theres never too slow
if you werent new you would realize this yourself

Stop doing splits and listen to your body.
I was doing weighted chins the other day and guess what i did when i felt a sharp pain in my lat? I stopped what i was doing, and did some curls.
Dont ever "work throught the pain bro"

Ok dumb fuck then explain why we have so many variations of the tricep extention?

you're a complete fucking retard
obviously you've injured yourself and the cause of that might perhaps be related to your retarded training methods and lack of knowledge

gravitus.co/blog/ufpwrlifter-path-to-410lb-bench-press/

Worked for this guy... who only does flat bench lol

don't know about that but they feel better, are usually heavier and according to strength standards I'm much better at them than bench press. (best dip is +55 @ 84, best bench is 102)
I'm still worried that they might make my chest look like shit so I don't use them as a primary exercise, though I should.

Boredom

t.newfag

Here's a little discussion on the topic from a guy that knows more than you

>Confederate flag
>Nazi flag
>Picture of a Libertarian
If you ever needed proof that those kinds of people are dumb you need look no further than the conflicting ideologies in this picture

imo weighted push ups for most equal development.. they are also comfy to do no real risks

Exactly. I'm glad you know the difference

Why is this dumb idiot combining confederate history with nazism? It's dumb fucks like him who fucked everything up for white people in the u.s.

Conversely, I don't even care anymore. Fuck it all

How do you weight them? Ive considered this too but you cant add much weight to a vest

its obvious that he does not give a fuck,bitch nigga
you just took the bait,newfriendo

don't need to weigh anything, just put a weight on your back.

don't be retarded and think dumbbell like use a plate or something, i usually put a plate on my back it sits nicely between my shoulders, but of course only do how much you can, like if u cant do 20 pushups with no extra weight dont throw a 25 on your back and try to do reps your form will be shit and you probably wont be able to do any

Ill give it a try. Thx senpai

go
fuck
yourself

>hey you guys are doing things wrong
>THEN EXPLAIN HOW WE ARE DOING THEM
idk why you guys do dumb shit. I've only ever done lying tricep extensions as isolation for triceps, and I've been swimming in bitches

Yes, you too can be swimming in bitches with
lying tricep extensions

put your hand on the opposite upper chest near the shoulder and move your other arm in an incline, perpendicular and decline motion. Try this with other parts of your chest and make up your own mind.

Le based kek daddy trump dumb nigger kike nigger slut #MAGA

I used to think stuff like this was bullshit until I took an anitomicsl kinesiology class at Uni. Really shows how muscles work around joints, and different fibers have different attachments and therefor different actions

clavicular head is activated above 90 degrees from the ground and sternal head takes over below that, the way we remembered it in anatomy class was " 'Calmy' raising an axe and 'Sternly' bringing it down"

>whole chest activation

It activates the whole chest but not equally. It also activates your biceps, but you won't get huge biceps from doing bench press.

>It also activates your biceps
Are you having a giggle, mate. The word you're looking for is "tricep". Biceps are for pulling motions, triceps for pushing. Bench press is a push exercise

hi newfag

Fuck off retard, if everyone does it, there must be some truth to it. Plus why take chances

Holy shit retards start having seizures at the moment they notice something slightly different from their opinions, you must be regretting your decision to migrate from reddit now

emphasis on the lying eh friendo?

>not doing both

>Would Veeky Forums have kept going?
No. And you sound like a retard. You had multiple signs that you should stop for the day, but you kept going. Cutting your chest workout short one time to prevent injury is way better in the long run than being a stubborn tard and injuring yourself.

Inform yourself m8. You always also use the opposite muscles when you do an exercise, for stabilization and during the negative motion that returns the weight back into its starting position.

The point was that the effect is minor and just saying "it activates" means fuck all.

t. shoulderlet

everyones chimping out at this guy because this dudes body fat percentage is atleast 6% and the people hating still at 40%

I feel bad for the nigger in the back
He clearly wanted to congratz him on his awesome lift, but he got denied

What kind of retard made that image? Its well researched and known that incline builds more chest muscle mass than the other variations. Flat bench is the best for improving your stats though if you compete in powerlifting then it's important to do flat a lot.

>weighted dips