Antidepressants

Does anyone have any experience regarding antidepressants?

I'm starting to take paroxetine today. Scared it will affect my gains and make me chubbier.

please Veeky Forums

They fuck people up more than they help, unless you are a complete nutjob who will kill yourself/others, avoid them at all costs.

I was a psych major... Anti depressants are fine as long as you tell the doctor about ANY side effects when you see him. I got epilepsy and had to drop out, which means I take mood stabilizers (in low-ish doses they control seizures). I've taken a lot and some have made me want to kill everyone, but upon telling my doctor I was prescribed different shit. Eventually I landed on tegretol, and depakote, and I'm fine. Speaking about gains, it didn't effect mine AT ALL. If anything they help because you feel better mentally and you'll get more motivated. Good luck dude.

They've helped me tremendously over the past few years. It's difficult managing without them though. Thankfully they're easy to be prescribed.

Thanks pal, I'll make sure to tell her absolutely everything. WHATEVER IT TAKES

Took zoloft, didn't work at lower dosages, made me suicidal at higher dosages.
Different for everyone.

I'm on citalopram(I think there called celexa in biurgerland) and have been lifting for a while now and I really feel as if I am coming out of my shell in terms of confidence and being able to speak to people.

mental health is worth it
a stronger mental wellbeing means a stronger ability to make gains in the gym

>t. someone on prozac, mirtazapine, and abilify

This is purely my opinion from previous and current use.

On mirtazapine and now on quetiapine I've gained weight but have a larger appetite, and with training - I'm up and looking better.

I live with a guy also on quetiapine who uses his side effect of a larger appetite as an excuse to eat like a fucking pig he's 5'11 and 305lb

Thanks dudes, I was feeling iffy about this. No point in being aesthetic if my mental health is nonexistent

yea bro, I did take some anti-depressants - it was 10 mg of cardio daily.

Np man

shit im on mirtazapine too brother
was nice for a while since i was skeleton mode
but now i need to cut
what are some ways to combat this side effect?
so far ive just been trying to go to sleep soon after taking it, since it also functions as a sleep aid

You wouldn't turn down medication and treatment for a bad heart, treat your brain the same way.

I've been taking paroxetine for almost 3 years.

No weight gain. Only when I eat like a pig.

The only thing, that I think is common for antidepressants is that your sex drive is lower. This happened to me, but not too much, I can still pretty much fap 3 times a day with no problems.
Since I started taking it I think I'm more sensitive in my stomach (I usually get some stomach pain an diarrhea) but it's very mild.
I really don't know If I have made mental gains, at least in my case, seeing a psychologist helped me more than seeing a psychiatrist.
But it really does depends in the person/case.

I'm personally not a fan of antidepressants. They don't make you feel good. They make you feel nothing.

>mental gains
slight chuckle

I'm taking Zoloft rn. 100mg. The max dosage it goes up to is 300mg. Works wonders for my anxiety actually. Would recommend but talk to a doctor about any side effects. Serotonin reuptake inhibitors are not stuff to fuck w

Was on paroxetine.

Made it very difficult to achieve orgasm. Couldn't cum in sex, took about 40 minutes of death grip to get anything.

Dis dude knows what's up, I got off them at 17. Best choice ever, exercise and being more open with people helped me ultimately.

>But I was in an environment where I could be monitored called High School and family before the age of 18

Please anons don't Garden State (starring Zach Braff) yourself into going off anti-depressants. Talk to a doctor or professional and discuss a strategy.

Honestly your better off hoping on test rather than taking those pills

Antidepressants for 5 years - never again. Seriously fucked Jew bullshit.

better to feel nothing than to be crippled and be so utterly useless you cant crawl out of bed

Lexapro made me balloon up like a whale in 3 months.

>tfw complete nutjob who will kill yourself