FACT: If you can't do ten pull-ups you are objectively unfit

FACT: If you can't do ten pull-ups you are objectively unfit.

You lift all these heavy ass barbells but that just makes you a tubby strongfat (m-muh bearmode) who would probably die in a life or death situation where you had to pull yourself up a ledge or fence or pretty much do anything that requires even an ounce of flexibility or acrobatic skill.

I've been to house parties where Chad will just do 8-10 pull-ups on a ceiling beam when the beat drops and all the girls start cheering and wet themselves in excitement. Tell Stacy "I bench 2pl8" OR show her you can do 15 pull-ups off of a tree branch and see which makes her bite her lip (hint: it's the latter).

Having high Strength:Bodyweight ratio also means far fewer risks of injuries doing everyday tasks or by falling, etc.

>there are pulluplets posting on Veeky Forums RIGHT NOW
LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jp7-5gbtfOY
youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How can I train myself to do more pullups?

>drinking with friends
>wander around town
>one guy challenges everyone to a pullup contest off a tree
>this_is_the_day_i've_been_training_for.webm
>absolutely destroy everyone there by doing 23 pullups
didn't get laid

Do pull-ups. Do weighted pull-ups, do assisted pull-ups if you can't do one. Weighted pull-ups are the upper body squat

but you still won

I'm trying. 5 or 6 weeks ago I was barely able to lift myself up. Now I can do about 4 or 5 _good_form_ pullups.

negatives after you cant do any more big boy pullups

I do pullups everyday as a starter excercise/warmup and feeling like I'm stalling whenever I go to failure

I can do 11 but I don't do cardio so going up a flight of stairs gets me winded.

checkmate faggot

good job, user

good cardiovascular endurance and low bodyfat are the greatest measures of health and fitness. any particular kind of strength, whether it's lifting heavy shit or doing bodyweight exercises, are both good, but resistance training should be goal based.

a navy seal has no use for squatting 500 lbs, just like a powerlifter has no use for being able to do 20 pull-ups with good form (but any decent powerlifter should be able to do pullups lmao). a distance runner wants minimal bulk on their legs, but a linebacker wants as much as possible. as for the Veeky Forums autist who got meme'd in to going to the gym.. i dunno.

your life or death scenario only requires one pull up though. By that logic if a person can do at least one pull up then they are fit enough.

No, because you wont necessarily be in your best shape during that life or death scenario. So it's better to be able to do much more than one just In case.

I've never did more than 10 pullups in my life.

I'm at 95 pounds added for chins at 180 bw though (3x5). After a session I'll usually try a pullup at that weight. Last time I tried I did 90 once.

My theory is I don't want to just do a fuckload. If I want to get better at them, I'll just add weight.

>hanging off of 10 rung ladder, which is dangling off of a cliff
>both your feet are broken
>need to do 10 consecutive pullups without resting your feet on any rung
Yeah you'll be dead

In what fucking "SURVIVAL" situation that will never happen would I need to climb something that doesn't offer support? I cling to a fence and lean against a cliff. Pull-up bars don't offer any support, but luckily there does not exist a natural pull-up bar in nature. Pull-ups are objectively useless.

I cant do more than five a set, its like my body is programmed to use up all its energy no matter the added weight.

i'm 31
i lifted for about 8 months when i was 21 and it was the gayest shit ever
i've trained boxing for about 6 years now and last week i managed 34 pull ups on the first set, 15 on the second and 10 on the third, a new record for me
eat it faggots

YOU AIN'T Chad till you're in a life and death sitatuion where you have to pull yourself up off a ledge without using your feet to just push off and upwards up the cliff and once you are able to crawl up to save yourself you fall back down and do it a few more times for the adrenaline rush

Im 38. I can only do 6 pull ups in a row. Old weak grim back.

>t. this guy youtu.be/Jp7-5gbtfOY

At 6 pull-ups (proper form) youre already fitter than 95% of Veeky Forums

Couldn't you just thread your legs through a rung and sit on the ladder til you're rescued?

>waiting for a rescue that isn't coming because you were too lazy to be able to do pull-ups

nice plan, user

Reading your post made a vagina grow out of my asshole.

I only do 3x5 PULL ups and I weigh 200 lbs and do them after other heavy work. I only ever tried to do as many in a row as I could once and I did 8. If I worked at doing them consecutively I could hit 10 in no time. In fact I'm about to start a BW only routine so i'll be doing just that soon enough.

kipping is for insurmountable faggots, you humongous gaywad
im talking proper form with full stretched arms between each pull up

>been to gym once in my life
>mostly I just run and swim
>can do 30ish pullups before I get bored and stop
>tried to buy a weighted vest
>sales clerk in rebel sport memed me into buying some 5kg ankle weights
>turns out it was 2x2.5 not 2x5
>notice no difference in difficulty
I'm fucking mad

>implying I dont do a salmon ladder twice a week.
How else am I going to win american ninja warrior.

Ankle and wrist weights a fucking horrible for you and your joints mate. Take that shit back and get your money back.

what's your wingspan, how long is your neck and how much do you weigh?

if you don't have at least a 6 foot wingspan, a long neck and weigh at least 200 lbs or weighted equivalent then you've never done a real pull up.

I'm 238 and can do 16 pull ups. If you wanna do more pullups try greese the groove.

>At 6 pull-ups (proper form) youre already fitter than 95% of Veeky Forums
I drive believe. I just hit 8x3 and my lats are non existent.

What is a fucking tree branch, Alex?

Even some books in a back pack would be better than that. Dumb bell between the legs is usually fine too, some people don't like it but its better than nothing, especially if you aren't going all that heavy.

It's not actually difficult to walk on or climb with broken feet, it just hurts a little bit and is bad for your feet. A broken ankle is tougher, but climbing is still possible if the alternative is falling to one's death. To make your situation plausible, it would require paralysis below the waist.

I'm an advocate for having the strength though. If you really care about strength, why would you be unable to do pullups?

My fantasy

I train pull ups all the time but at the same time I'm putting on mass so it's hard for me to progress with how many reps I can do because I'm constantly gaining weight. Maybe if I get used to doing them at my current weight and then cut hard I'll become a pull up god.

oh my god, all the faggots saying, pull ups are useless

did you know strongest men alive, relied on pull ups a lot ?

vasily alexeiev could do 30 pull ups at a bodyweight of 360 lbs, and dude was the strongest man alive at that moment

yuri vaslov could do a one arm pull up at a bw of almost 275 lbs

heavy ass deadlifters and benchers over 350 pounds, can do, at least 10 pull ups with good form

pull ups means, back and bicep strenght, wich are important for all your lifts

also pull ups will make a monster in armwrestling

most pro armwrestlers weighting over 230 lbs or so can do AT LEAST 1 arm pull up, and they are strong overall

>tfw a skelly beats you because he weighs as much as a leaf

How do you learn to use the correct muscles for pullup? I hear people say it is a mainly a back exercise, but when I try to do one I just end up pulling myself up with my arms, and my forearm tendons feel overstretched afterwards

>How do you learn to use the correct muscles for pullup?

one you are pulling yourself, you are already using all your fucking muscles, you feel it on the arms cause its your weakest point, just that

main cue is keeping your shoulders+scapula down and back, or else the whole move becomes arm dependent

Yeah I remember when I was joining the Marine Corps too kiddo.

But you weigh 120lbs m8, you should be able to do 50. Faggot.

Why are you on Veeky Forums you old. Just grow up, your body has, why can't you?

175lbs

Weighted pull up by far my favorite lift right after Deadlifts.

6'3 215
Currently doing them 2x week.
A: 3-4 sets of 10 w/+45lbs
B 3x5 90+lbs or 5x5 75-80
My 1rm is 125.

What motivates me? I hope to one day be able to get a girl on my back and rep her out with some deadhangs.

Whats your dl and bench max ?

As a warm up for what?

>can do 2 one arm pullups with each arm
>never bothered to do more then 5 normal pullups

am i unfit?

Troll post, but there is truth in it, pullups and rows are very good excercises for your back, forearms and biceps. Its good for gains and good for strength.

etc.

Works like a charm.

I can do +20 Pullups at 93kg in fucking bear mode and what you just explained there was cringe as FUCK

>135 lbs

Depends on where you are and where are you trying to get. If you just wanna start doing pullups in the first place, negatives are good. If you wanna get to 10, you just do a lot of pullups, apply grease the groove principle. Hang a pullup bar at your place and do pullups every time you go take a piss or some shit. You can hit some weighted pullups for singles too. if you wanna go beyond 10, eh, just do weighted pullups and progress on weight. Not gonna be the most optimal for increasing your bodyweight pullup number after a certain point, but gonna give you the best gainz. It will get you to 20+ pullups easily and thats good enough.

What did he mean by this?

I need to start doing pull ups because me and a group of friends are going to be doing tough mudder next year and like the most fucking essential part is to be able to pull yourself over shit

>pulluplets
>PULLUPLETS

agreed. it's fucking pathetic when i see people struggling to do a pull up.

>forearm tendons feel overstretched afterwards

thats exactly why you do them

Not fact.

Can do more than 10 pullups and have not worked out for a year and a half. This is objective BS.

Watch Scooby's guide on them

Because you're lightweight baby

Well, try to lean back and retract your shoulder blades to recruit your back. Do negatives trying to really lower yourself under control with your back muscles into correct starting position. Forearms get recruited more if you do pullups, biceps more if you do chins.

LoL

Nah brah, had an injury and took time off. Years of working out and with a year and a half off could outlift you easily. Pipe down douchefag, people are tryin.

You probably could. How much do you weigh though?

>Not doing a full muscleup with your 95lb 9/10 Asian gf hanging onto you for dear life

Your life or death scenario is gay

Can i get Veeky Forums only doing bodyweight training if im skinnyfat

I never see progress in the gym

>t. 150lbs

Based OP

how'd you go about training?

>shopping at shekel sport ever
>making it
pick one

>I never see progress in the gym

no one ever does...

so, 2?

if you can do 2 then your first pull up will be more than enough to hoist you from danger

What's the difference between pullups and chinups and what's better for overall development of arms and back or whatever they do.

>t. Fatass

Pullups recruit more of your brachioradialis, chinups recruit more of your biceps. Back recruitment is the same, but because biceps is a bigger muscle, people who do arm pullups find them easier.

>93kg (205 pounds)
>bear mode

Stats are 6 ft 185-190 depending on when I weigh. Have gained fat since injury.

Pre injury I weighed ~205.

>If you can't do ten pull-ups you are objectively unfit.
How many weeks do we get to do them?

Same as me.

LeL, sucks to be a brittle fag, eh?

Bet you are weak as furk.

Negatives.
youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0
Also eating better and losing weight.

Three sets of one
Next time, the same but two on your last set
Next time, one set of one followed by two sets of two

and so on.

that's not how the meme goes tho
dips are the upper body squat, and pullups are the upper body deadlift. although in reality, if anything OHP is the upper body squat and deadlift is the upper body deadlift.

Ah, nice. Will start adding this in, cheers mate.

seconding dips as the upper body squat because there's the same above/below parallel shit and you use stretch reflex out of the "hole"

pullups from a dead hang are the closest thing to a deadlift analogue for the upper body

Is 8-10 supposed to be challenging or something?

I'm 195lbs I can do that easy

Bodyweight fags who just start lifting, who think they are cool because they watched a Frank Medrano video and got inspired.

Comes to /fit / to brag about meaningless shit

Of course.

You must be very short if you are bearmode at only 93kg. Which means you have manlet ROM, making pull ups easier than for real bearmode.

t. female

Honestly if you don't weigh at least 200 pounds nothing you do has any worth and your accomplishments are valueless because you're not even a man.

You can do 25 pullups? Great. Do you weigh 150 pounds? No one cares then.

Fuck off Rippetoe

Russian Fighter Pull-up Program. Lots of people have achieved great results on this. Currently doing it myself. Got my max pull-ups from 5 to 9 in a very short time.

>This is what 'strongfats' tell themselves

>believing you have to be fat to be over 200lbs

you are 5'3 120

I'm 6'1" 200lbs and quite thin. You a manlet?

idk mate i don't think i had lats until i could do like 15 pullups straight.
I can now do around 25 and i got a nice v taper

hm explains why i can win arm wrestling with someone who has bigger ceps than i do.

>mfw i weight exactly 150 pounds
>mfw i can do 8pullups with extra 50 pounds
whats your excuse fatass?

I weighed 150lbs in 8th grade. Why are you still so small?