What will happen if I try and walk 100 miles with breaks just for snacks and water?

What will happen if I try and walk 100 miles with breaks just for snacks and water?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Four_Days_Marches_Nijmegen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You'll have probably ended up walking 100 miles while taking a couple of breaks for snacks and water.

Honestly nothing much will happen. You will be very tired at the end of it and if you are looking for any muscle gain, you will receive so little it is not worth it.

If you are doing this to test your willpower, it is not a bad idea, but might eat up a lot of time that could be better spent doing other, more beneficial things.

you need to walk another 400 miles. then turn around and walk back just to fall down at her door

Blisters. Lots of them. Look at ultra Marathon and iron man athletes at the end of their runs. Their feet get torn to shreds

Not looking for muscle gain just want to do it to do it I suppose.
Would probably start walk on a Friday evening and make it back sometime Sunday.

Even at a walking pace? I was thinking to bring socks and swap out maybe 12 hours or so.

Assuming the average walk speed of 3 mph, which doesn't take into account the severe exhaustion you'll eventually experience, that's 33.3 hours of straight walking. I mean, it's feasible, but I'd throw some nap breaks in there if I were you.

i see what you did there

If this were me, and I have actually considered this before, I'd save up a couple hundred dollars and split it into 4 days. Walk 25 miles, towards a cheap motel roughly in that area, refuel, sleep, repeat. Preferably sleeping all day and walking at night, so as not to get sunburnt and dehydrated.

But that's just me.

You would need to take breaks for sleep, I imagine.

A hobbyist marathoner would run a marathon (26.2 miles) in around 4 hours. If you're walking, maybe it takes you 6 to get that far. That'd be around 16 1/2 hours to walk 100 miles. That's taking for granted that it'd get harder the further that you go. I bet, if your legs could handle it, it'd take you closer to 20 hours nonstop.

You could do it around a track, I suppose. That way you can make sure you stay adequately hydrated. Otherwise, it'd be hard to carry enough water with you and it would be more of a hike than a walk. I would want sleep at some point during 20 hours of continuous exercise.

Humans are capable of doing amazing things, so I wouldn't say that you couldn't do it. Surely there's something else more compelling that you could do with such a herculean effort. It's not like that alone would make you a good walker. It's not like that effort could "tide you over" for a month.

There will be plenty of water refill along path so I'd only take maybe 2 liters or so.
This would be in urban/suburban environment mostly so my bigger concern is somehow hurting my feet beyond just soreness or being victim of crime.

Your feet should be fine.

They will be sore, no doubt, and you will have blisters, but they won't be damaged beyond repair. I am guessing you would probably want around a week of downtime after this walk where you aren't on your feet too often.

Nothing will prevent you from being a victim of crime, and I understand that it is a potential issue. I would not wear "nice" clothes and instead try to look maybe homeless to ward of would-be robbers. I would also conceal a handgun on your person, if possible.

Your feet would hurt.

i walked plenty of 40 mile hikes and did one 50. 100 would be easy just fucking long.
>you would run out of snacks
>you would be starving no matter how much you snacked
>you would smoke all the weed you brought along
>youd be tired

What kind of terrain and elevation gain/loss?
How long did they take?

It would be extremely painful.

Dawg, you will hatch mad eggs in pokemon go

Bach walked like 250 miles to study with Buxtehude. Just don't be a bitch.

I doubt he did it all at once.

Oh yeah? Well, I would walk 500 miles! And I would walk 500 more!

can you just kys instead

You could do a century on a bicycle pretty easily.
Why do you have to walk?
Don't you wanna go fast?

You'll end up 100 miles away from where you started

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Four_Days_Marches_Nijmegen

Done it twice, got my medals.
Marching for the that distance is more of mental challenge then an actual physical one, there will be alot of pain from blisters and cramps but if you're expecting massive gains from this then probably not, but my experience is that you just walk

Why not just thru hike a trail? I guarantee there is a beautiful 50+ mile with 2 hours of where you live and camping is a helluva lot better than a cheap motel.

You will be tired and sore, depending on how fast you do it. But it will do fuck all to make you more fit or give you more muscles unless you do it regularly.

I walked 19 miles in one day when I was 18 and my legs hurt when I woke up the next day