Which of these are /fitlit/ approved?

The stories of Gilgamesh and Hercules stories too

>No longer human to leave humanity behind

Starting Strength

lmao I'm imagining the average Veeky Forums user attempting to read Ulysses and it's hilarious

why?

I mean most of us are here to improve ourselves and part of that is brain gains.
But then again this is Ulysses we're talking about.

I fail to see the point in trying to read that, there is no possible benefit from that book worth the ages it takes to read and understand it

I'm "reading" Siddhartha- it's been a couple weeks and I've only completed the first chapter

>#2
>Moby dick

read that. It was evident that he was paid per word because there were entire chapters on the various whales they hunted and what their oils were used for. Completely irrelevant to the rest of the book.

The Catcher in the Rye is one of the best books I've ever read. And if you don't like it, you're a godam fake.

Reading is gay as fuck. This is brickworld baby!!

t. fucking beta like Holden that does nothing but seethe at Chads all day

Catcher in the Rye has to be one of the worst books I ever read. I can't believe that anyone would identify with such an unlikable person.

Stoner is one of my favorite books. My hipster AP lit assigned it as summer reading, and I've loved it ever since.

Holden was just mad he never got gains say he called everyone with gains fraud phonies.

A good percentage of Veeky Forums are pretty smart (but dyel) college kids that are trying to get fit
>tfw im stoopit
>been reading a lot of antifap books
>Autobiographies of saints too

I have read it and I can confirm it was an absolute clusterfuck for me to understand

rollin'

NO one has actually read 75%+ of these books they just carry them around on public transport so people will think they are interlectuals

Thats why fucking Joyce and Kafka are at the top. They are "look at me I'm so smart" signaling books.

This list was made by illiterate neckbeards

The most /fitlit/ books from that list are, for various reasons:

The Aeneid
The Republic
Meditations
Journey to the End of The Night
The Count of Monte Cristo
Siddhartha
The Odyssey
War and Peace
The Iliad
Blood Meridian
Moby Dick

>t. /pleb/
You didn't get the point of that chaptet

which of these books would someone who doesnt particularly like to read (me) be able to finish/enjoy? i looked up some of them and they were 700+ pages, seem pretty dry and complicated.

>Implying Joyce isn't just a colossally verbose faggot

bro I read a shit ton and I wouldn't be able to get through half the books in that list if I tried.

you need a different list

the only Veeky Forums books:

>a farewell to arms by ernest hemingway
>100 years of solitude by gabriel marquez
>watchmen by alan moore
>and any type of science fiction, phillip k dick or anything like that.

suggesting oscar wilde, fitzgerald, faulkner, pynchon, or mccarthy to someone who lifts is a dumb idea. it just turns you off to literature. those books are not essential for fitness, they're essential for a literary lifestyle. if you lift and want to flirt with literature, go for something accessible.

sci-fi is the best, hemingway is best, and 100 years of solitude is mandatory reading for any fucking human being.

I found 1984 really accessible. However I read it years ago when I was trying to find good ideas for essay in hs.

why isnt De Bello Gallico on here?

McCarthy is fine and Fitzgerald's Gatsby is a warning of what happens when you only lift for girls. Fuck me if I ever read Faulkner though.
Also none of you are real men unless you fish.

this. Kafka's "Der Prozess" is absolute shit

the fact that ulysses is voted number one is 100% proof that shitty academia has taken the place of meaningful literature. it's not bad, but it's way overhyped.

>The Great Gatsby
>good

Where is the reality dysfunction?

fuck yes, I always knew American Psycho is a great book easily. Some people I forced to read it don't seem to understand it right though.

rolling