Is it bad to do plyometric style training with wrist and ankle weights on...

Is it bad to do plyometric style training with wrist and ankle weights on? I've heard people say it's bad for your joints, and other's say it's not.

There is flexible metal stuff, and the company will make custom products out of it for you. So I order 25lb wraps for my wrists and ankles. They're like those Everlast hand wraps, but weighted.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what is the purpose of the plyometric training? what is it that you would like to achieve?

It's the best possible type of training for martial arts.
Plyometric training is about high bursts of strength and speed in short intervals, which is literally all the martial arts is composed of.

That's what power cleans are about, and you can do them with actual weight. For that matter, the amount of power you can produce is limited by your strength.

Just lift weights. It'll make you better at EVERY physical activity, including tossing other people around.

>Is it bad to do plyometric style training with wrist and ankle weights on?
yeah it's fucking autistic as fuck

Leave it to a tripshit to say something as stupid as fuck.
The amount of power you can exert is effected by multiple things, and the lest important one is your physical strength.
The actual important skills are speed and technique.
Some rioded up meat head who can hardly move is not going to be able to exert a high amount of strength.

It's like the difference between getting hit by a 16 wheeler going 5 mph or a Chevy truck going 80 mph.

Explain your reasoning.
Though, the odds of me or anyone else listening to someone who's so dumb they can't even type is pretty low.

>Explain your reasoning.
you got the idea from an anime, therefore it is autistic as fuck

>reddit reaction images
>still too stupid to type
>weighted training came from anime
It's actually kind of impressive how stupid you are.

Hey I got lots of ideas from anime
And a few have been good
Well some have
Mabye one or two

Quints

that's a reddit retort

>literally all the martial arts is composed of
not really. if you're doing martial arts sparring/fighting, then you need both explosiveness as well as stamina. you need to be repeatedly explosive.

as for the plyometric training, you will not need (and you shouldn't use) any additional weights for any of the exercises. plyometric training (if we are talking about the actual shock method) is enough of a strain on the body anyways. plyometrics doesn't really relate to strength, anyways, as much as it does to speed and the ability to increase the amount of fast-twitch fibers and better utilize them.
in short: don't use weights.

disregard this. olympic lifts are still slow compared to plyometric exercises. the strength and possible speed gain from the compound movement of a power cleans does not transfer well to specific martial arts moves.

>the amount of power you can produce is limited by your strength
sure, but you're missing half of the equation. power is strength over time.

>the amount of power you can exert is effected by multiple things, and the lest important one is your physical strength.

no. power is physical work over time. J/s. your strength is your work capacity. power is affected by two things only: your strength, and your speed.

Ah, so now you're asshurt and are just going to try and shit up the thread as much as possible.
Why are retards always so defensive?

the thread was already shit when you made it. read the fucking sticky with your facebook anime meme-workout bullshit.

Are you really so ignorant you actually think weighted training is something that only exists in anime?
The irony is that you act worse than any anime watcher, and you're just extremely obnoxious and stupid.

Imagine being legitimately ass hurt that other people are smarter than you.

gentlemen, please restrain your autism

Did you even read the posts you're replying to?

>then you need both explosiveness as well as stamina
Plyometric training doesn't exclude stamina, in fact you need it for it.

>power is affected by two things only: your strength, and your speed.
Again, did you even read the post you're replying it? It says speed is a factor already.

And you're wrong either way. Because without technique you're not going to get any real power. As you need to understand how to build momentum in your body's movements.

Retard, please learn what the term autism means.
It's not a cover all buzzword for "saying something I don't like".
You using it as such makes you look literally brain damaged.

>Did you even read the posts you're replying to?
Yes. Did you read mine?

>Plyometric training doesn't exclude stamina, in fact you need it for it.
I haven't argued this. The reason why I think you think I argued that was because of this text
>not really. if you're doing martial arts sparring/fighting, then you need both explosiveness as well as stamina
because the post in said:
>Plyometric training is about high bursts of strength and speed in short intervals, which is literally all the martial arts is composed of.
>high bursts of strength and speed in short intervals, which is literally all the martial arts is composed of.
that's what I was arguing. martial arts is not only composed of high bursts of strength and speed in short intervals. I didn't say that plyometrics doesn't provide you with stamina. it does that to some extent, but that's literally not the point of it. shock training of fast-twitch fibers does not have anything to do with stamina. hence the high load/low repetitions.

>Again, did you even read the post you're replying it?
Yes. Did you?

>It says speed is a factor already.
Yes. That's not something I was arguing he (you) didn't, or something I brought up as a new point. What I was arguing was this:
>the amount of power you can exert is effected by multiple things, and the least important one is your physical strength.
>the least important one is your physical strength.
That's a completely ignorant claim, as the only two factors determining power is the application of strength over time. Other factors mentioned above are a subset of those two factors.

>without technique you're not going to get any real power
Technique limits both the utilization of strength, as well as the speed at which you can apply that strength. P=E/t. Power = strength over time.

being literally mad on a Veeky Forums board, and then sperging out about definitions of autism falls under the spectrum

>if you correct me for being wrong it means you're autistic
Hahaha.

>durrrr ur mad!!!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
>Older children and adults with ASD perform worse on tests of face and emotion recognition
You think anyone who says anything dislike is mad, you are misreading social cues such as "anger". You a legit autistic in every single way.

Speaking of not being able to understand social cues.
>high bursts of strength and speed in short intervals
This doesn't mean you are only doing single intervals, you stupid fuck.
A single round house kick. A single back fist. A single knee strike.
These are all short busts and single intervals where you want high speed and strength. That doesn't mean you are only doing a single one of them and stopping, just like how in plyometric training you do a lot of short burst movements.

>quoting that much text
Lurk 10+ years before posting.

why are you so angry

another two images for my thinking emoji collection, cheers lads

Why do you try to insist anyone who disagrees with you is angry?

Oh wait, I know the answer. Because you think if someone is mad you can dismiss them without actually addressing what they say. It's a very basic coping mechanism.

Good morning idiots

Skip the wrist and ankle weights, you will hurt yourself. Plyometrics can be challenging enough on their own, I suggest you do some reading around movements and programming.

>if you correct me for being wrong it means you're autistic
I haven't argued that. Feel free to show me where I've said or inferred that. I was the one in the post asking and to sperg out a bit less.

>autism definitions, et c
I don't have any real interest in that discussion. I'm here to post walls of text re. plyometrics.

---
>high bursts of strength and speed in short intervals
>This doesn't mean you are only doing single intervals
Of course not. And haven't argued that. But what the post in said was:
>which is literally all the martial arts is composed of.
And that's incorrect.
It's also incorrect to assume that plyometrics is good for stamina to any greater extent.

>These are all short busts and single intervals where you want high speed and strength.
Yes. I haven't argued this.

>That doesn't mean you are only doing a single one of them and stopping
I haven't argued this.

>That doesn't mean you are only doing a single one of them and stopping, just like how in plyometric training you do a lot of short burst movements.
I haven't argued this.

>quoting that much text
Sometimes you need to go the extra mile in terms of clarity to account for disabled posters.

>Why do you try to insist anyone who disagrees with you is angry?

Jesus fucking christ, there are 7 posters in the thread. you really shouldn't complain about other posters acting like newfags when you're doing a classic newfag mistake

>sperg
Why do you keep using this word as a substitute for "waah stop saying things i won't like!!!!"?

>I don't have any real interest in that discussion
That's obvious. Because you're not smart enough to. You're the one who started screeching about autism and "sperging". If you don't want to get corrected, don't say things you aren't sure are correct.

>there are 7 posters in the thread. you really shouldn't complain about other posters acting like newfags when you're doing a classic newfag mistake
It's funny how you samefag, then try to pretend other people are newfags for calling you out on it.

Anyway, you have the mental skills of a small rock. Enjoy having the last word, because you clearly need to to soothe your ego.

>Why do you keep using this word as a substitute for...
I don't.

>various ad homs
meh

>It's funny how you samefag
There is a poster counter down in the right top/bottom corner.

if you have something to post re. the actual topic, feel free to share it

The irony is that you are the one using ad hominem because you are the one dismissing what people say under the false assumption that they are mad. Because that's what ad hominem means, to dismiss based on a personal trait instead of addressing the argument.

>xdd if i pretend it's impossible to change your IP that makes it look like I wouldn't do it 2 samefage xd
Yeah, nah. Ans of course, multiple people being in the thread doesn't force you to not to reply to the same post multiple times.

k