Conflict situations at the gym

Anyone had a conflict in the gym, borderline fight or something? Something happened to me 2 days ago and I don't know what I should have done.

>about to do my squats
>some guy walks by holding a belt and yelling how somebody's sweat made it all wet and that's rude
>it's a gym's belt so he's kinda right
>drops the belt by the squat rack
>for reason I can't explain I decide then and there to try the belt for the 1st time
>do my squats
>take off belt, guy from the beginning of the story gets in my face
>''Where did you get that belt??''
Let me just say right here, he's 30 something manlet, with thin legs and broad shoulders, does only bench of compunds, walks around like he owns the place in his faggy tank top, gives advice and has all around asshole vibe
>back to the story
>i say I thought it was gym property, as I've noticed all kinds of people using it before
>''well maybe you should buy your own?''
>wut? This is yours?
>''yea it's mine''
> sorry man I thought it was gym's, I saw everybody using it.
>''well go and wipe it now!''
>say what?
>''GO AND WIPE IT!''
>just smirk in his face and walk away
>he stares at me throughout his 233445 sets of cable exercises and occasionally whispers to other gym regulars (we both are I forgot to mention) and nodding towards me

I know this isn't much of a conflict, but I feel like such stupid situation could affect my reputation at the gym. I am there often, and I like the place, I don't want to be perceived as the rude asshole who uses other peoples' equipment. Also, should I have told him to fuck off, instigate a fight? His ''go wipe it'' made my blood boil and I wanted to slap his manlet face so hard. Which would get me kicked out of the gym of course. Or maybe I wasn't supposed to apologize, as it is a weakness? One thing for sure, I am never using the fucking belt again, fuck that gay shit.

you shouldve wiped it down after using it anyway, regardless of whether it was that guy's property or gym property

you goddamn animal

i wasn't the one who got it wet, it was for warm up set, I just got into the gym. But, I guess you have a point, it makes sense. Just a part of gym etiquette I didn't know.
still, wouldn't go and wipe it after he told me to even if he held me at gunpoint. felt like Joe Pesci in that shoe shine box scene.

Next time headbutt him in the face and break his nose.

how do you wipe a belt anyway
the leather absorbs the sweat immediately

Why the fuck does he have a belt if he just does bench of the compounds?

why the fuck would you put on a wet belt for a warmup set?

Don't sweat it homeboy. You handled the situation well.

Probably hes just plotting to have you kicked out of the gym. And I'd say you did the right thing, don't ever comply with pseudo-dominant barking of orders.

honestly don't know. never used it, so I guess I wanted to know what it feels like, but on the lower weights where it's safe. better than on the max and then I notice I don't like it or it's uncomfortable mid-squat, right?

good question. when he yelled around looking for the culprit, he was mid sets on bench. when he came to talk to me, he came off the bench. so, i guess he needed it for bench? he def doesn't squat or deadlifts

how to handle this like a boss....firstly dont be a pussy, this is a public place and often douche bags like this are full of piss. All you needed to say was this

"Maybe you shouldnt leave your shit lying around"

this one sentence would let this moron know that "hey dude, im not in the wrong here".

to follow up to his "WELL GO AND WIPE It"
all you need to say is "since you are acting like a bitch, you go and wipe it"

if altercation follows proceed to bash his head in, and if you cant beat him physically.....well maybe you should have fucking wiped his belt you bitch.

grow some balls

It's like the asshole from the story posted this. Nice captain hindsight logic and escalation tactics.

ok so next time I should act like an idiot, and then go find a different gym when I get kicked out?

After a second read I've decided this is just a high school kid projecting his fantasies of bullying reversal onto this story.

>Go to the rack to get a dumbbell
>swole manlet on roids comes up and says "im using that" and pushes it back to the rack
>i give him a confused look and just grab the dumbbell again
>say that it shouldnt have been on the rack if he was going to use it
>he just pushes it back again and says "how about I just take it from you?"
>he takes it and puts it on the ground
>i just look at him and say "go ahead and use it then"
>he laughs
>i grab 5 lbs heavier and walk away
>look back 5 secs later, see that he's gone
>go back and grab the dumbbell
What should I have done?

Probably did the right thing tbqh, the guy is just a prick.

Why is it always the manlets that start that shit? Fucking manlets I swear ...

Reported him to the gym staff for his agressive and anti social behaviour.

What should I have done?
>lift the dumbells above your head
>manlet can't reach it
>you get a nice shoulder workout

but seriously I'd say you can have it when i am done and if he tries some shit it's his problem

Hello op, its not too late. What hes doing is spreading hate. If someone came up to you and told you Bob is an asshole, yet Bob acknowledges you when he sees you and he thanks you for helping him spot, who would you trust?

Let him continue to talk shit about you, but show the other gym goers that youre alright and that one of you definitely has a problem, but it isnt you. Be nice to them. Ask them for a spot, and when youre done look them in the eye, give them a firm handshake and say thanks man, if you ever need a spot just let me know.

Samefag here

Forgot to say, dont assume that just because hes nodding along it means hes agreeing with the angry man. He probably thinks the same of him as you do - hes seen him walking around being rude and obnoxious. Hes nodding to agree so that he doesnt have any beef with angryman. He couldnt give two fucks otherwise. Dont jump to conclusions and assume they hate you

>in old gym I haven't been in for over a year (it's a chain so I can go wherever)
>squatting in the squat rack
>lmao3.25plate for 5x3
>rest 4-5 mins between sets, sit inside rack and write in my diary on phone
>betweem set 2 and 3 fat, bald manlet comes over
>recognise him from when I used to work out there
>never liked him, typical fat weak manlet curlbro who thinks he looks like a bearmode powerlifter, razors between armpits
>is there everyday as far as I know
>ask me very unfriendly how many sets I have left
>tell him 3
>I don't mind having people work on
>he just walks off tho, huffing and puffing
>finish third set and sit down again and write in my diary
>fat bald manlet comes over with his fucking pt friend
>pt is literally spooky skelly lanklet
>tells me the gym is not a place to chill
>uwotm8
>manlet gives me dumb smirk
>I get angry
>tell them I have two sets left and keep on writing
>manlet looks over snarky for the remainder of my time in the rack
>does fucking 80kg shrugs in it after I am done
This was 2 years ago. This boggles my mind how much of a pussy the manlet was

What a faggot. Good work de-escalating.

Whenever I handle a situation like this well it's always because I didn't respond to whatever they were saying and instead just answered the question I wish they'd asked:
"Hey bro you almost done in there?"
Three sets left bud.
"Almost done yet?"
Two sets left.
"This isn't a place to chill."
Haha yeah
"Stop curling in the squat rack"
One set left!

>be me, a skelly but making good gains
>mid-workout my water bottle is empty and I go and fill it in the lockerroom
>big black Guy is fixing his hair in the mirror above the tap
>he is like a few feet away from the little sink so I thought he wasnt using it
>go and fill my bottle
>even doing it sideways so the Guy can still fix his hair
>dude runs towards me and starts yelling about How i have no respect and my parents didnt raise me right
>look at him and start laughing because he sounded and looked so stupid I thought it was just Some weird joke
>continue filling water bottle
>dude hits me in the shoulder and yells "didnt you see my fucking bottle"
>points at poorfag reused gatorrade bottle I thought was just trash
>I apologize
>Guy runs of and slams the door
>get back to my workout and the Guy is looking at me constantly
>I know he wants to fight me so I thought just going up to him and apologizing again would be the best option because I Will never win a fight from this Guy
>walk up and say sorry
>starts yelling dumb shit again
I think the Guy is a legit retard and just has really low iq because he can barely construct a sentence.

I live for contact situations at the gym.

>Maybe I should take it from. You then

You should of said go on then, while death staring him and if he went to try j take it just chin the cunt

blacks are always looking for a fight and take any slight as a form of aggression. most of them are shit fighters though.

Little big man syndrome

You just don't appreciate the linguistic complexity of African American Vernacular English, you racist.

>Not wiping it down then putting it high up somewhere out of the manlets reach.
Missed opportunity

white people are such fucking pussies i swear

I suck at greentexting so I'll just write it normally.
This guy once came into my university gym with soiled shoes. They were full of mud like the fucker had just walked through farmland. He got on the treadmill and as he ran all the dirt started falling off and thrown away behind him on the floor but some stuck to the treadmill belt. A PT who saw that happening politely asked him to be more careful and next time he should remove the excess soil from his shoes outside or bring a clean pair with him to change, she didn't even ask him to clean the floor or the treadmill, just be more mindful the next time and he lashed out at her, started shouting like she had just called his mother a whore, saying he pays tuition plus membership so there should be more than enough to pay someone to clean that shit etc.
Anyway I saw that happening and got involved in the whole mess, told him to calm the fuck down because he was acting like a cunt, he got within inches of my face and I swear to God I was expecting him to hit me at that point but he just walked away. I still see him occasionally and he gives me a faggy death stare.
Call me a beta whiteknight if you want, but it really bothered me that everyone in the gym just pretended they didn't notice as this huge motherfucker was shouting abuse at a girl. Besides a lot of the PTs there are volunteers doing it as part of their sports medicine or other health related course.

This thread has reinforced my belief that manlets are sub-human.

>This thread has reinforced my belief that manlets are sub-human.
Same.
And I'm fucking 5'6'' myself, why is it always manlets that feel the need to be as provocative and aggressive as possible?

>Manlet Asian dude walks into gym
>lifting gloves on
>walks to squat rack and loads 10kg on Olympic bar
>starts swinging the weight in some sort of curl bro ritual
>thought the weight was going to pull him into the mirror
>centricurlbro force
>throws weight down and walks to smith machines
>loads 10kg
>starts quarter squatting
>what...?
>walk up and ask him if he's still using squat rack
>"yeah, I'm using it bro"
>k
>three more times he performs this ritual, can feel my legs shrinking.
>he moves to smith machine so I take my chance to keep my t-Rex aesthetic
>dive into squat rack and start warming up
>"hey I was still using that bro"
>Jesus himself uses my body to mediate retribution
>"not properly, you weren't"
>long awkward silence.
>he walks off

I honestly thought he was going to kill me.