This picture really opened my eyes today

This picture really opened my eyes today

Whats the best and most effective way to grow your legs?

You can roast me all you want, i can take it, but please atleast give me some tips, I've fucked up big time

bump

Squats and oats
Nah just hop on SS for a couple moth along with you bro split or whatever

Literally SS

Why didnt you start with it, fucko?

Squat everyday.

SqautznOatz

Squat a lot. Leg days are painful and you can't put all your volume into compounds because you will run out of energy to lift real weights after a bunch of sets, so just train 4-5 days a week with a powerlifting style template. Keep variation high so you can be strong in all kinds of movement patterns

Something like this:

Day 1:
>Lowbar Squat
>Max grip bench
>Chins
>Good mornings
>Arms & abs

Day 2:
>Deadlift
>Incline Bench
>Side/rear delts & abs

Day 3:
>rest

Day 4:
>Oly Squat
>Ohp
>Dumbbell Bench
>Barbell Rows
>Arms & Abs

Day 5:
>Front Squat
>Close grip bench
>Good Mornings
>Arms & Abs

Day 6&7:
>rest

2-4 sets per exercise is enough for a strength cycle (make sure you keep them the same number for the full cycle), where you start light (Around 3 reps away from failure) and you add weight to the bar every week until you're 0-1 reps away from failure, then take a deload week (4-5 reps from failure, 2 sets per exercise), drop the weight so that you're 3 reps from failure and work up again. Use sets of 4-8 reps for strength training and 6-10 for hypertrophy cycles. Since your legs are untrained you will probably barely have to deload anyway. When you run a hypertrophy cycle, pick an easy weight to start and add volume weekly until you drop in strength the next week, which indicates you've found the maximum volume you can recover from. Then drop the weight by 15lbs on every exercise and go back to the last week where you recovered well (meaning you were't weaker the week after), and progressively add weight at the higher volume the same way the strength cycle works. You will deload more often but your muscles will grow. I tried to hit major muscle groups 3x per week but edit the routine however you want. Exercise variations are just suggestions.

>ab isolation everyday

Squat 3 times a week, deadlift once a week.

Back squat
Front squat - Deadlift
Back squat

Focus on using your legs in the deadlift and dont let your hips rise, fixing this grew my legs more than anything and also helped my abysmal squat (squat was 70kg deadlift was 150)...

Why the fuck not faggot? strong core is best core

I forgot to mention abs are optional but you can do them 3-4 times a week if you you keep weekly set count from getting too crazy. I don't recommend doing abs at all during a strength phase though. That being said, 6-12 sets of abs a week is always going to be better than 0 sets of abs a week, and if you want to just bang out 3 sets on the crunch machine after every workout that's a fine way to train abs. They're not the most fun muscle to train.

He thinks you'll overtrain them. Aka he's a pussy faggot.

lmao how can you fuck up this big
But seriously just do SS for a few months and you will be fine, we're all going to make it.

Squats for overall legs development
Romanian deadlifts or stiff legged deadlift for hams
Front squat or pause rep goblet squats for vastus medialus
Different leg press variants for quad growth
High rep calve raises for calves
Glute press for glutes, adductors, and slight hamstring growth
Mainly squats op. The rest is accessories for targeting weak points after you squat.

Isn't it better if he just do a simpel linear progression, like SS? If he still can milk newbie gains, he should keep it simpel instead of doing a more complex program, that is more suited for the advanced lifter.

what is your routine? you never worked legs?

im OP
right now im doing a brosplit, but i start every workout with a compound movement, for example on backday i start with deads etc

would doing a full leg workout monday and thursday be a good idea? or maybe just squat mon/wed/fri in the beginning of the workout im about to do?

trying to fit everything in

This is linear progression and it's suited for every level of lifter due to the autoregulation. If I was writing it for an advanced lifter, I'd specify hard cycle lengths of 3-4 weeks (plus a deload week) and a lot less exercise variation during strength phases, as well as fixed weight increments for week to week increases since I can't expect anyone to progress faster than 5lb/week except a novice. Remember, if he lowbar squats on Monday, he gets stronger and works up to a better squat on thursday/friday. SS is realistically more of a peaking program than a base building program, because low volume and heavy weights get you to the maximum power output for your current muscle mass, but as soon as the body adapts to the volume muscle mass progress pretty much slows down to the point where it's better to do something else before you stall. I've kinda based this on Garrett Blevins' program layout but using the principles from Mike Israetel and Chad Wesley Smith's book "Scientific principles of strength training" for an emphasis on muscle growth.

I really don't recommend doing a leg day because you will have less chances to progress and you will get gassed after the first 5-10 sets of compounds. After that everything you do will be kinda half assed unless you're chugging down sugarless black coffee like I do. If what you're doing works well for you right now, throwing in a squat variation at the start of every workout and using the principles I outlined for just that one exercise is fine too.

Didn't you ever stop for a second and thought that it might be nice to workout your whole body and not just your upper body?

Also when I say "a squat variation", try to focus on high bar with raised heels, front squatting and deep pause squats. You already deadlift so you will have some leg mass, most likely with a pretty significant quad weakness. If your DL max is sub 3 plates then you will need to do hamstring work too but probably not as often because hamstrings are smaller.

i used to work legs often but cocaine and weed makes you unmotivated to do stuff you dont like, so this whole year ive kinda skipped legs all together.

alright, so heavy squats are better off for me than say high volume training?

Start off in the 6-8 rep range and do 4-6 sets 3x weekly, increasing difficulty each week. Heavy means 75-85% of your 1rm. If you're doing a max effort set of 4-5 you're already training too heavy. Start with about 12 weekly sets of 6-8 reps and work your way up from there. If you're stalling hard, a period of low volume training helps to re-sensitise the body to volume. If you do a max effort set of 6 and you're completely gassed, that's around 85%, and if you do the same thing for 10 reps, that's around 75%, keep the weight in that range, so keep your easier weeks around the 6 rep range and your harder weeks around 8.

front squat for juicy quads.

trust me, 5 sets x 3 reps.

Beginners lifting light weights can recover well enough to do those sets and reps with 85-90% of their 1rm with barely any recovery after. It's smarter to add more volume instead of weight.

I'm going to sleep in a little bit but if there's anything you don't understand, the most important thing is to just keep reps around 6-8, increase number of sets very slowly over time (maybe a few sets per month or whenever you stall), decrease number of sets if you start getting weaker. As long as you keep volume high by increasing sets and try hard you'll progress.

Oh and also increase reps to around 8-10 when you stall hard to build some muscle and continue increasing volume. You can accumulate serious fatigue and still make progress if you keep reps high and your goal is hypertrophy.