Suggestions for my first 5 km marathon

I am 22 going out for running and calisthenics in the nearby park.
Run about 1200 m in 6+ min. Can you guys give me tips and suggestions so that I can complete it in good time.
Thank you in advance

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_marathon
runsmartproject.com/calculator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wtf is a 5km marathon?

>5km
>marathon

Welche App?

Nike run club. Ist geil weil sie persönliche Trainingspläne erstellt.

22:04 thats fucking nice. I ran 31:22 yesterday and it killed me. i'll try to get better with some intervall training on the treadmill. Maybe I'll beat 30:00 one day

Its first competitive run for me.
Never done more than 2.5 km running

A 5km run/race isn't a marathon. A marathon is 42km,

marathon
choose one.
its the same shit when people complete a short triathlon, and they say they did an iron man.

might be a race with a retard name
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_marathon

anyway assuming you did 1.2 k in 6,5min a 30 min goal time is reasonable according to runsmartproject.com/calculator/

if the race is soon (less then a month) their wont be to much you can do training wise but you can get used to longer runs(go slow in the week before but dont completly stop)

Id suggest trying a 5k to see where you stand and then starting any basic 5k training to get your time down(the nike app is great because it makes you costume training plans)

I honestly have no fear running 5k would be a problem for you based on the info you gave the most important thing in the short term will be building up the willpower to go the distance without stoping and getting to know the tempo you can run without pooping yourself out

I actualy made profit on that run nike pre-released some shoes to anyone able to do 5k under 25 minutes that day i coped and flipped on ebay

U mad white boi?

>5 km marathon

not really you only beat me by 6 seconds per km and Ive been 5-6 times a week doing 5k specific training since that PR its highly likely ill beat yout time in my next PR attempt had we raced in april you would have whooped my ass though

I was just teasing, fair play to you anyway lad

>5km
>marathon

Pick one

I just came home from my 7 km ultramarathon

Keep at it my dude

Nice rez

>5 km marathon
top fucking kek

>5 km Marathon
>40kg Two Plate Bench

40kg (because 2 bars) + 2pl8s