Give me one good reason why I can't do leg press, extensions and lunges instead of back squats?

Give me one good reason why I can't do leg press, extensions and lunges instead of back squats?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXIwnkc183Q
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24276305
youtube.com/watch?v=H2q4LLYG8sU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

absolutely no reason other than the scorn of people on this board

FPBP

people on Veeky Forums and reddit will think you're inferior to them

>leg extinctions
shiggy diggy

you don't squat due to back pain?
if so, it's likely that leg press will also cause damage to your spine but just more subtle accumulated damage.

Try front squats, leg press, lunges, and sled pushes and your legs will look amazing.

What if you do one legged leg press?

This guy doesn't even squat

that'd work as long as you tilt your hip at the correct angle.

>sled pushes

alright there you JV football second stringer

>but just more subtle accumulated damage.

What did he mean by this?

then only one of your legs will get stronger, idiot. squat trains both legs.

I fucking hate squats and I would love to never do them again but I feel like giving up on them would just make me a failure.

I will continue to squat 90-100lbs. until I have absolute flawless form

Front squats/leg press
Extensions
Lunges
Hammy curls
Calf stuff

This enough?

bro splits dont wor

ALSO THROWING IN SOME CHEEKY HACK SQUATS IN THERE

>I will continue to squat 90-100lbs. until I h..

nigger, are you serious ?

Functional strength. If your goal is to wear speedo's and flex on the beach, no reason really - other than that your legs will grow slower.

Guys like Dorian Yates did a lot of shit like that, they liked to focus mainly on leg press/hack squats etc because they were focused on training for growth not to get maximum poundage out of a movement.

Bodybuilders train bodyparts, powerlifters train movements.

Also, at a certain point you're going to be limited by all the little muscles that are easy points of failure in a movement. Isolation movements allow you to get a lot of volume without putting a ton of stress on you training wise.

None really. Veeky Forums is obsessed with squats, because of the disease of people like Rippletits, but look at his body and his proteges, not something people strive for. You can easily get out of chicken leg mode without squats which honestly is the only thing that matters. Besides power lifting and trying to become a bodybuilder the only reason to do squats is to impress the people on Veeky Forums and other deluded forms, the majority of those who don't even lift but guffaw at you if you don't squat less than lmao10pl8 ass to grass.

What would you have me do? continue progressing with shitty form and eventually fuck up my back, knees or both?

You know user squats are fun when you put weight on the bar

hes a manlet so its irrelevant

reminder

the only reason people on this board worship squats is because chad never does squats and they want to be "superior" to your average gymbro

Reminder that this is advice from someone who used steroids to other people who use steroids and if you're Natty YMMV

squats produce more test and gh

That would be an improvement for much of this board

If someone hates squats they may avoid leg day or half ass it.
If the enjoy leg machines and stick to it and give a good effort it would give them better functuonal performance training that way. A less efficient method vs avoiding the traditional one

Temporarily more test isn't going to do shit.

Best thing for growing legs which I've encountered

Front Squat 2*3, 2*5
Bulgarian split Squat 2*8, 2*12
Superset SLDL + Goblet squat 2*8, 2-4*15
Goblet squat dropset 3*10, 15, 20 (taking quite large jumps down in weight)

High intensity exercise and sport produces far more test then that.
Forcing your body to produce slightly more test and GH which will all go to building bigger legs and bigger squats and starving the rest of your body of those gains is faggotry.

irrelevant, transient, minor increase that does nothing to build muscle or increase recovery - not at all similar to the supraphysiological elevated levels roiders have around the clock

if your goal is powerlifting or olympic lifting, you have absolutely no choice but to squat

if you lift for any other reason you can do without squatting

It does nothing compared to the retard doses that steroid abusers and users have.
But over long periods of time it has an affect on your body.

Actual gains and permanent changes in your body and very DNA as a natural are something that take long months and even years of consistent effort and practice.

nope, it does not have an "affect" on your body actually

it's a temporary and very minor increase over baseline and it will not help you build muscle or recover faster in any way, shape, or form

this shit has been debunked like 100x, please educate yourself and stop spreading broscience because you read "squats test boost bro" on some forum somewhere

What's your source on that?
I've read that leg press is fine for your back if you maintain it static during the exercise.

you've read correctly

the only danger leg press poses to your back is if you go way too deep and enter lumbar flexion, an easy way to avoid this is 1. don't go that deep or 2. single leg press, almost impossible to round back and you don't have to pile on so many plates

What purpose does the test boost actually serve then. It must be a part of the mechanism for muscle growth and repair.

This is the thread for people who can't squat thier own body weight to validate each other's failure.

Stop playing on my phone.

Right there with you man. I'm at 135 and have been for awhile now.

The only way to have flawless form at any given weight is to make it part of your warmup.

bro splits dont wor-

youtube.com/watch?v=oXIwnkc183Q

isn't the main difference that a squat is a compound exercise targetting multiple muscles and core stability vs machines isolating specific muscle groups but ignoring the core entirely?
do you wanna do 1 exercise or 6 for the same result?

why r u still small then?

could either of you two cite a source?

would legit love to know which is more correct and which is broscience bc ive heard both

>reminder: use this excuse when people ask why you don't squat

>inb4 Twink 182

It took me four years and ludicrous volume and frequency to even like squats and get any satisfaction from them but honestly worth it

I tried other stuff but once you break the wall on your squat it's the easiest progression by far of any compound

cmon bro it took me 1 minute to find it on google
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24276305
>some forum somewhere
wew

klokov squats

>mfw long legs
>mfw knees just don't cooperate when doing squats
>mfw this guy might've been right
I'm stopping squats, fuck this.

Why would you, though? You'd be getting the same results or less than you'll see with squats, using three exercises to replace one, adding way more volume to your routine, which would hinder recovery.

However, for overall leg development, if you can actually manage to get strong on those movements and constantly increase the weight, sure.

A typical leg day in my lift starts with squats, front squats, leg press and lunges, though.

same bro. slightly disproportionately long legs at 6 foot tall. i can't squat for shit and my knees hurt when i do. switched over to leg press and other machine shit a few months ago and have decent size gains and knees don't hurt either.

Leg press/lunges/extensions has actually done pretty well for me. Legs as thicc and strong as ever

and I don't have to deal with eternal spine damage

William Maras and Stuart McGill are the names to google.

Most spinal damage is cumulative damage. People mistake an acute incident as the cause of all their backpain but often most of the damage was weeks or months in the doing.

Eh, I'm 6'3 and have long legs.
Completely RUINED my fucking back with squats years ago.

I've found that high rep wide stance sumo squats and assisted pistol squats work for me.
I've also found that very very high rep squats done for time gives me ridiculous leg gains.

Funny that you say that. NFL players do a shit ton of their volume in the leg press, hex deadlift, lunges, and yes, 600+lb sledpushes these days. Leg extensions are used to prevent knee tracking problems.

Back squats and cleans are falling out of favor and getting replaced by front squat and high pulls.

So what dies that study proves? What we've been saying all this time, the increase in hormones is irrelevant.

Chad:
>Just be confident and be yourself bro it always works for me

Roid monkey:
>Just use machines bro and forget compound lifts bro, it always works for me

Just tren up and do leg extensions, lunges, leg press and hamstring excercises.. Squats is only neccessary if you want to be able to squat more weight
>shiggy

Squats are ridiculously efficient. Fucking around with dinky little machines and exercises and shit would just be too much of a hassle for me

roids, idiot

tf are you talking about
you should be able to maintain good form until like 90% of your max

>extensions

>that rationalization

>short faggots and powerlifting shills everyone
k

It's very obvious. Look at his quads, nice size. Look at his adductors....not there.

Not saying squats are the end all be all, they're certainly not. Lunges and extensions have more than twice the quad activation. Squats however work your adductors and abductors + a bunch of other stuff.

As always do the opposite of what Veeky Forums says. Use lunges and leg extensions as your main lifts, and use squats as an accessory. Just think about it. You know I'm right.

chuckled

1 exercise vs 3

I've already been doing that for years

You can do what you want user, but getting under the bar and doing squats is still one of the easiest ways to build your legs.

/thread

I'm op and I squat 3.5 plate @74

Nice, thank you! I've been looking for that image.

pretty sure dorian stopped doing squats because he kept getting injured

You can, but 2 out of those 3 excercises will fuck up your joints a lot more than squats with proper form. I do squats, because I have good technique and I value my time. But if you really don't want to squat no one will make you.

PS. Stop taking opinions of anonymous retards that seriously. You don't need that kind of validation.

so then wtf are you supposed to do?

how do you know you aren't damaging yourself in the long run, especially if you train by yourself?

bump

you forgot to mention general athletic ability.
Squats have the highest transfer.

take out lunges and add romanian deadlifts + hamstring curls then youre good

>Give me one good reason why I can't do leg press
youtube.com/watch?v=H2q4LLYG8sU
done

NOT WATCHING THAT

Why on god's green earth is this monkey wearing daisey dukes

pretty much, he just posted a study that disproved his point without reading it

God tier legs

Bulgarian split squat 4*8 superset with distance hops 4*5
Wide grip SLDL superset with front squats or goblet squats 4*15-20
High bar back squats 2pl8*max reps, bw*max reps, 1pl8*max reps, 0.5pl8*max reps

Through the whole thing in 45 minutes if you're in decent shape

>how do you know you aren't damaging yourself in the long run, especially if you train by yourself?
Record yourself squatting/doing diddlies and watch your form. The best option is to have someone help you with your technique. A good coach will help you immensely on that. Most PTs in commercial gyms are shit tho, keep that in mind