>Rest for 500
>750 meters hard
>Rest for 500
>500 meters hard
>Rest for 250
>250 meters hard
>Rest for 250

Take about 20 minutes and is a pretty tough workout

>not joining your rowing club at the city lake because you live in buttfuck nowhere.

Because I like browsing Veeky Forums while pedalling on a stationary bike

5x500m, 1:30 minute rest in between

and then if you really, really hate yourself

5x2000m, 500m rest in between. I used to row back in college and this set still gives me shivers. Has made me vomit many a times

Got a concept 2 rower for the winter months. I prefer bicycling and hiking outside tho.

5x2k is the fucking worst.

Did you ever do 30' r20? Coach has us doing 2 lots of them with a 4 min rest in between

>tfw 5'9 and my feet can't reach the foot rests on the rowing machine

Way too expensive unless you specialize in it. I can get a better workout flipping a light weight tire for time. Or even doing light weight complexes with a db/bb/sandbag for time.

i row everyday for about and hour because i have to. it doesn't really feel like it's as effective as other workouts. feels like a jack of all trades type of deal.

>manlets btfo
why

t. 5'8" who uses erg 3x a week

it's literally like doing a squat, a deadlift, and a row in one motion. max out the resistance. it's incredibly effective.

I like the breeze this machine creates on my bawls

Just did 3*30' t20 today
1:47,4 1:49,8 and 1:46,2
Fucking manlets
Because you go slow as fuck if you're short

Because they make to much noise. Bought myself a treadmill instead.

Max out the resistance, yes except this does nothing for strenght mate, this only makes you less explosive, energy=force*length, if you're doing a particular split at a particular tempo, this means you're applying a certain ammount of force, wether the resistance is 250 or 80, ramming the resistance to max only makes you move slower

but it's harder to maintain a certain tempo when the resistance is higher. you exert more stress, it is a better workout. what are you even saying?

Nigga unless you're at maximum intensity during your entire workout, ramming the resistance to maximum does nothing for strenght training

oof, fucking filthy son

>5x2k
Jesus Christ, you row in the Ivy League or something?

Maxing the resistance is the ultimate noob rower thing to do. Crossfit tier.

Mid resistance and mid 20s strokes per minute is the secret.

I've read the mid-resistance thing from a reputable rowing guide and other sources, but 20 s/m?

I do ~35....how are you meant to achieve 'good' 2k times a 20?

>Because you go slow as fuck if you're short
Untrue

How to get good 2k times at 20s/m
Not, you're training not competing, and unless you're completely dead after a 2k you're not getting good times anyway. And 35 is still too high for 2k for non-rowers and even then, most rowers do 2k at about 32. 35 is way too fast and just tells me you're not completing your stroke and you're rowing like a retard
Except it is very very true mate

or maybe you're just an amateur who uses the rowing machine as for fitness and not rowing

Because there's only one in my gym and it's been broken for like two years.

I have pic related at the gym, do 2000m every day for warmup.
how do I increase resistance?
am at~41s/m

Lmao no mate, I went to the U23 European championships in the 4-

lmao k someone get my lantern because i just found an honest man

>41s/m
>41
Jesus fuck, please watch a rowing tutorial by an actual rowing organisation
You do realize that the goal is not to get as many strokes per minute as possible right mate

Believe what you want mate, but just knowing these terms is pretty much enough not to be a crossfit erg retard

are you sub 6:10?

6:07.8

20 is very low. I usually do 26-28. My buddy who was a serious rower in college does 24-26

If you are doing mid 30s and max resistance then you're technique is probably terrible unless you're an elite rower

Rowing makes my ass literally go numb from the way I sit on it

I get 1s/m yall suck

Any recommended guides? I want to make sure im doing it right. Im using it for cardio for judo.

5x500m, with 1 minute rest in between.

search youtube for form stuff.

Im trying that atm. Whats a good time? I am at 2:20 which i assume is awful.

Try going under 2:00. 1:40-1:50 is quite nice to try to achive, desu

I will shoot for that. I thought higher s/m was good before this thread so now i need to definitely look up form shit.

>tfw im 5'6 and I can.

Do 2k meters a day. Keep your split under 1:55 the entire time.

theres a resistance thing on the fan. Should go from 1-10. Around 3-5 simulates the actual drag in the water if i remember correctly.

This one is pretty neat for the technique:
youtube.com/watch?v=zQ82RYIFLN8

Thanks i appreciate it. All i had to go by were some damn cross fitters

Is the row machine a quick way to ottermode?

too much rest

Get off fit Teddy