CHECK THESE FASTING DUBS EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns [Open]

IF AND LIFTING:
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html?

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c [Open]

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8 [Open]

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
selfhacked.com/blog/autophagy-benefits-and-how-to-harness/
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/

>reddit fag that did a 77 day water fast, notice how he is not 1)dead or 2)looks like a wrinkled vagina
reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/
PMC3106288/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk [Open]
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk [Open]
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE [Open]

>DeLauer videos, mainly focus on tips, quick explanations of processeses backed with research, and chadliness
youtube.com/watch?v=ihrmfFlG_qc [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=6UShUs1Wb_k [Open]

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1n6cao/science_is_a_ketogenic_diet_good_for_your_teeth/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nap_(textile)
therabreath.com/articles/fresh-breath-happenings/fasting-can-cause-bad-breath-4754/
islam21c.com/seasonal-reminders/ramadan/beating-bad-breath-this-ramadan/
megaanswers.com/why-we-do-develop-bad-breath-while-fasting/
paleohacks.com/intermittent-fasting/very-bad-breath-during-intermittent-fasting-30970
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/comments/6c98s3/how_to_get_rid_of_bad_breath_while_fasting/
kbforum.dragondoor.com/nutrition-forum/143545-bad-breath-when-fasting-low-carb-what-do-you-do.html
curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=2105813
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130591543
howcast.com/videos/516339-how-to-deal-with-fasting-bad-breath-fasting-cleanses/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i have some vitamin gummies in the cupboard that have potassium and sodium

they’re 30 calories a serving of four gummies, should i go for it?

so after 100 hours of fast or so I have entered ketosis accordinx to keto sticks. It also shows that I have protein in my urine. What does that mean? Am I going to die? I dont recall before during keto having protein in my pee

will a 5 calorie preworkout supplement break my fast? it's this shit.

>nigger started my thread for me
>used an awful op pic

is this jews subverting us?

No, fish oil at the most, gummies is asking for trouble

You shouldn't need a multi anyway unless you're going over 5 days

How are you guys hitting protein goals on IF? I'm trying to do daily IF for 16 hours. Basically eating from 6-10p (I work late, and wake up late).

Drinking 8 scoops in 4 hours is literal hell, and I'd rather break it up 4 scoops / 4 scoops at 10am / 6pm. Any of you seeing results with having a protein shake mid-fast?

Check 'em

are you trying to get your whole protein intake with just whey? How much protein are you trying to eat per day and what is it that you do?

Just started my water fast today, I'm trying to go for a week and longer if I can. What's the maximum I can lose in a week?

eat some fucking chicken and steak and eggs, bro

Does IF have oral benefits? I've never seen this discussed, by surely only eating during a small window during the day and brushing before/after is going to result in far less tooth decay. Thoughts anons? Doesnt mean anything for us now, but in old age could make a big difference

Could this be a sign of kidney having trouble? Not a doctor obviously but curious what it means too.

I'm trying to consume ~200g/day. More accurately I try to get 150g/day from whey, and then the other 50g from the actual meal I eat when I break my fast. The problem is I don't get to usually choose the meal I eat - I tend to have to get dinner with clients for work, and if not, I have to eat with my gains goblin, I mean girlfriend. So I'm never sure if I'm hitting my macros because I tend to eat out.

Since you're doing 16:8 how about you read up on lean gains posted in the OP? Personally I cut out whey shakes and instead i drink bcaa prior to my workout but after my fast and get the most of my calories from chocolate milk, chicken, fish, steak and eggs. I've improved in strength and overall musculature, and my protein intake is closer to 70-80% of my bodyweight.

The old thread is still on the board and well below the bump limit,

Even then it has to drop off the board before it is unusable.

>Since you're doing 16:8 how about you read up on lean gains posted in the OP?
Thats pretty much what (and youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c from the OP) I'm basing my current routine on.

I chose to stick with Whey because I hadn't done much research on BCAA, and decided to stick with the more "conventional" wisdom of sticking with whey powders.

I guess I will stick with my current routine until the end of the month and tally my results, when switch to a routine like yours (I tend to follow things through so that I have actual data on what/how my body responds).

Right now, even though my strength gains are improving, I'm trying to lose weight. In July/August I did a standard 500cal deficit cut everyday and only lost 3 pounds. Given that I had significant strength gains I either concluded 1. My TDEE calculations were way off (and I was burning less than 1900kcal/day on average) or 2. I was secretly overeating and the MyFitnessPal calculations were wrong somehow.

Fasting seems like a better solution than dieting.

If you can, set aside time to prepare meals ahead of time. Maybe find a "usual" type dish like a plate of chicken or steak to eat out and figure out the nutritional value so that you get a decent estimate of what you are getting. Whey tends to sit in your stomach like a rock, so I wouldnt try to get down more than 3-4 scoops in water if it's a bother. But unless you're trying to pack on a ton of muscle for some reason you dont really need that much.

This threads already been made. May aswel use it

In that case, don't worry so much about taking whey. If you want to maintain your muscle and strength you can supplement with bcaa and creatine, and still lose weight with fasting. You could probably even skip those and just fast, and you'd be fine. But if you are looking to increase muscle mass for body recomp then i'd recommend taking them.

I'd assume not that much, but prolonged keto diet probably starves tooth decay bacteria completely.

The longer you go without food the worse your mouth gets. Food helps strip away microbes from all parts of your mouth. When you start fasting or any type of IF, your mouth cleansing routine needs to be done more frequently to make up for this. Use a wet wash cloth to clean all the fleshy parts of your mouth and tongue, in addition to whatever your routine normally entails.

>Use a wet wash cloth
why not a toothbrush???

>in addition to whatever your routine normally entails.

Because you can apply more pressure with a wet washcloth than with a toothbrush. Your teeth will feel polished. It is quite amazing how much shit you get off your tongue even after vigorously brushing it. Just don't do it too hard or too frequent or you can cause micro tears to the tongue, gums, and cheeks which is no good of course. Wash clothes with medium nap seem to be best.

>nap
??
Also can you post a source for this dude? Ive read a lot of info about fasting and ive never heard of this before.

Honestly sounds like bs and bro-science tier.

Eating less food is not bad for your teeth

One google gives thousands of articles about how snacking is bad for teeth. So I really think this guy is talking retarded shit

google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1n6cao/science_is_a_ketogenic_diet_good_for_your_teeth/
It's about keto and teeth but IF shares similar benefits with keto.

>nap

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nap_(textile)

>mouth hygiene when fasting

therabreath.com/articles/fresh-breath-happenings/fasting-can-cause-bad-breath-4754/
islam21c.com/seasonal-reminders/ramadan/beating-bad-breath-this-ramadan/
megaanswers.com/why-we-do-develop-bad-breath-while-fasting/
paleohacks.com/intermittent-fasting/very-bad-breath-during-intermittent-fasting-30970
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/comments/6c98s3/how_to_get_rid_of_bad_breath_while_fasting/
kbforum.dragondoor.com/nutrition-forum/143545-bad-breath-when-fasting-low-carb-what-do-you-do.html
curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=2105813
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130591543
howcast.com/videos/516339-how-to-deal-with-fasting-bad-breath-fasting-cleanses/

On and on. I'm sure it is in there somewhere. Basically, there's more microbes not getting removed and there's "toxins" in your blood stream making your breath nasty from your lungs, similar to how allicin from garlic gives you garlic breath. I found that merely cleaning a bit more solved all the problems, so I'm a little skeptical on the bad breath from your lungs thing, though some people probably get it due to "things" in their body I don't have in mine or something like that. I'd rather read a peer reviewed paper on that part instead of fasting blog #346.

ketones are proteins

Source?

i can really fast.

Just make sure to drink (and rinse with) green tea, it's anti bacterial and really good for dental health.

You know how if you are on Keto, you can tell if you are breaking Ketosis by using Keto sticks.

Is there any equivalent for fasting, so you could know if your daily supplements ect. are too much or not?

There are lots of stuff like that you can drink. Most are just plant herbals of course. Green tea just happens to be popular and more studied.