Are personal trainers a sham?

Are personal trainers a sham?

I get a free session for joining my local gym. Is it worth getting one when starting out as someone with no real knowledge of physical fitness?

Also the guy looks like a more jacked Captain America so he's doing something right.

No. Just read stuff by Mike Israetel

yes
no

Personal trainers are not worth it. Theres hundreds of free routines on the net including videos that teach you proper form.

You need to check your form then record yourself and make adjustments.

Yes, yes they are.

The majority are DYEL that know shit about lifting.

Just read books and watch jewtube for info and maybe an olympic coach if you wanna do those lifts.

Yes, PTs are there to sell gym memberships to slobs and keep people buying their jacked up Gym-brand supps.

At least the ones by me are.

Take the free session, but no pts are not worth it. You're basically just paying someone to pat you on the back and congratulate you for each workout, and if you actually need that then you aren't gonna make it anyway

>kinda want to be a personal trainer
>read this
There has to be good ones who actually want to help people right?

Sure, people can follow an online routine and do it for free, but how many people do you see in the gym with a cringy/wrong lifting form? I'm sure that a lot of you saw many people in the gym that's about to go to snap city. Good trainers not only give people routines, they make sure that you're joints are safe by teaching you how to properly lift, goes over your macros with you, gives you critiques, and also gives you a meal plan to follow. But good ones are not cheap I can tell you that.

PTs are for people who aren't smart enough to read about how to work out and/or don't have the motivation to workout without someone egging them on

At a higher level of athletics, coaches do the research and assist with sport-related things so you have more time to train.

No they arent.

Take the free session though but ask them for form checks and how to do certain exercises instead of asking for a routine. They are there to make money and they make their money based on how many clients they have.

Unless your PT is going to hook you up with his source of pharma chems, then no, paying for one is generally not worth it for the average person.

hes just gonna make you do burpees

Yeah the ones who don't get assigned clients, idiot

They are going to run you through some really stupid obscene exercises to confuse the fuck out of you so you think you don't know anything. Then they will proceed to pressure the shit out of you to sign a contract for the trainer. That's how your free session is going to go I've seen it happen a million times.

Yes they are a scam, even the buff ones are retarded when it comes to fitness/muscle building knowledge.

Only have PTs to teach you proper form. Otherwise, they're pretty much useless (unless they're there controlling your diet, which lets be honest, those PTs would be expensive)

You can make friends to have spotters. You can make friends to monitor your form. You can google effective lifting routines.

Hey motherfucker I am going to find you and punish you for posting this

this

I had a buff personal trainer try to convince me that spot treating fat was a thing lel

What's cap's actual routine?
He's my actual goal body

>inb4 roid
obviously, I've seen the movie

Take the free session but ask about proper form and ask if your doing it right. Other then that I wouldn't suggest there routine. Most of them are expensive as hell