FASTING

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns [Open] [Open]

IF AND LIFTING:
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html?

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c [Open] [Open]

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8 [Open] [Open]

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
selfhacked.com/blog/autophagy-benefits-and-how-to-harness/
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/

>reddit fag that did a 77 day water fast, notice how he is not 1)dead or 2)looks like a wrinkled vagina
reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/
PMC3106288/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk [Open] [Open]
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk [Open] [Open]
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE [Open] [Open]

>DeLauer videos, mainly focus on tips, quick explanations of processeses backed with research, and chadliness
youtube.com/watch?v=ihrmfFlG_qc [Open] [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=6UShUs1Wb_k [Open] [Open]

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862

Other urls found in this thread:

dummies.com/health/nutrition/weight-loss/stay-clear-of-foods-with-calories-while-fasting/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Day 5 of water fast. Feeling great.

Can I bike on stationary bike every day? Otherwise I sit all day on my ass at work.

Quick talk on ECA stack while fasting:

Anyone do this? What were your results?

I'm cutting and have started 16:8 IF. Should I eat more or keep my goal at 1800 calories/day?

I'd assume a stationary bike would be fine. I've been trying to either swim/run while fasted. I'm doing a 20:4 but I'm finishing day 4 now and I'm feeling good.

With IF the goal should be to continue your regular maintenance TDEE, maybe just a 100 calories less. Don't reduce CI per day and fast at the same time

I've plateaued with my weight loss and took up IF to try power through it. I feel it'll get harder if I go back to maintenance

Aight well be careful about getting your micro nutrients

anyone else get these weird shivers when fasting?

Yes, especially at the start of it

I fast like 7 hours a night. Unless I wake up during it. That is a long fucking time to go without sugar.

Sugar is life, sugar is love.

I'm trying to start a 16/8 fasting cycle every day but I'm having an issue because, at my work, my lunch is at 11:00, and I only get an hour.

Most days I don't get to eat dinner until 7:00-7:30 and fasting begins after that.

My question is: does fasting cycles have to be even numbers? (sounds fucking dumb I know) but my cycle would be more like 15/9, just wondering if it matters.

>7 hours is not fasting
>spoken like a true addict
>probably obese
>enjoy your insulin resistance

Well meme'd sir! I tip my fedora to you

if you're still eating two meals a day your fast isn't really going to be as effective. you're essentially just skipping breakfast.

i recommend skipping lunch at work and doing a 20/4 cycle

The more the merrier but still better than nothing and/or eating the cereal jew every morning

I tried a 20/4 and I found it incredibly difficult to fit my maintenance calories into dinner. Like I just couldn't eat that much. Got any tips besides make more calorie dense food?

>not doing 23/1
>not stuffing your face in just one hour and calling it a day

Kek
If I was gonna do a 23/1 I would rather just fast the whole weekend and say fuck it.

Can you people not start threads for me? There is a method to my madness

also

>xray for chest pain at doc
>nothing on spine or in tissue
>do have tiny calcified pulmonary nodule in lung
>every website says I'm either gonna die or need to shell out 6k for CT scans for a year; even though chiro said it ain't shit and not to worry

I do hope OMAD encourages enough autophagy to clear it out or stop it if it's bad, time to chug coffee for them auto-gainz

Here's what I do

>Feeding window starts at 6
>6PM, eat snack
>7PM, eat dinner
>8PM eat snack
>9 PM, eat smoothie

2 250 calorie snacks, 500 calorie dinner, and a 400 calorie smoothie puts me at 1,400 cals for the day.

Just add more/less to the smoothie depending on what your goal is.

Hmm, I feel like I could probably do that. I can easily get a few tablespoons of peanut butter in there too. To make up for the difference.

That's a pretty hefty cut (assuming your maintenance is around mine) That would be a 750 cut for me. I know that's safe normally, but is that fine with IF?

Considering there are people who do 7 day water fasts in this thread, yeah, it's fine with IF.

I have an in-and-out mentality with this anyway. Once I hit my goal weight I'm stopping. I'm relatively new to lifting so I'm not too worried about losing muscle but I've found my lifts have even been slightly increasing since I started IF. Go figure.

Thanks for the help user! I think I'm gonna try 20/4 for a few weeks and see how I like it.

It takes some adjustment but once you get used to it, it's really not bad at all. I drink a lot of tea and coffee to curb hunger pangs whenever I'm feeling them and it works like a charm.

Plus it makes eating dinner so fucking good.

Bout to eat your dinner

Can someone seriously explain something.

So I fasted for 2-3 days then went ketogenic for 2 days then went high carb for a day.

I repeated this pattern for about 3 weeks.

After the carb day I felt like I hit 15 pounds of cocaine ran around my house then went to sleep.

I was also extremely productive and dug a ditch in my yard and built shit all over the place.

I am curious if there was a scientific test that studied the effects of performance and this pattern in sports that could confirm I was not experiencing some type of placebo effect or something.

>fasting til dinner tonight
>coworkers are ordering pizza for special occasion
Am I going to look autistic if I say I'm not hungry?

you went through 3 2-3 day of malnutrition and then had a tons of the most potent and easy to use fuel for human being

You'll look autistic if you say you're not hungry while fearing that you'll look autistic for saying you're not hungry

Been doing 16/8 for awhile. Haven't been able to lift for a couple months because injury. I'm eating at maintenance, and I feel like I'm "uncomping", i.e. My weight is holding steady but I'm starting to get flabbier, I think.

What do?

There has to be more to it then that realistically because I have been put in positions of very low food and did not experience the same sort of boost.

Try a gay relationship.

Not that guy but curious to what's your reasoning behind this

Big fan of IF fat fasting (I use a bit of ghee) for fat loss and alertness during the day, especially for an office job. I mean why have breakfast and lunch and then just sit on your ass and let it convert to fat? Ugh.

Question: what do you guys think about chewing gum while fasting, is this halal? I'd like to go through a few pieces during fasting periods, but they seem to have 5 calories per stick (1-2g of sugar). How much will this fuck with my insulin?

It's worth a shot. If you're trying to work out but it's not fixing what feels wrong, you're probably just gay.

hmm never thought of it like that. Might try this out, thanks!

np Carrie Prejean

Nice meltdown.

Nice juicy penis.

Don't do it if you can't do it well. Soon you'll be eating all kinds of junk just to meet your caloric need. Do 20/4 4 times a week and 18/6 or 16/8 or something the other days so you can eat more while still eating healthy foods.

Sounds like maybe you should shorten the window more to eat less. It makes sense to let yourself lose a bit of weight if you're not lifting, otherwise what do you expect? Of course you're gonna gain fat if you hold bodyweight constant.

Clean up food quality too. It sucks not being able to lift, I know. What kind of injury though? If you're not bed-ridden, maybe you could do light cardio to keep your metabolism up. Even a good walk on a fasted stomach helps.

Absolutely haram. The sweet taste alone can easily trigger hormonal mechanisms.

Fuck alright. Should I find some of that shit tasting sugar free stuff then? Does sugar free gum even exist?

Yeah, it's called my scrotum. Chew on it.

dummies.com/health/nutrition/weight-loss/stay-clear-of-foods-with-calories-while-fasting/

=(((

Hi /fast/
can fasting get me ripped ? ( even if skinny )

You're ghee as shit you homo

I experienced the same thing, it is awesome

The Op pic clearly state that you lose around 60 g of muscle a day so doubt it .

buhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WAT

it seems to drop at around 45-50 after 20 days of fasting but at that point you're top DYEL

Whats the consensus on coffee? Lets say 1 sugar per cup six times a day?

Suck my Johnson!!!!!!!

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/

reminder to drink that coffee brehs

What is autophagy?

I don't know, but you're awful faggy!

Intercellular process where lysosomes destroy any junk material in the cell (misformed/old proteins etc). Basically leads to more effecient processes in the cell overall.

Enjoy your hair loss, guys. I did a 14-5 fast. And my hair has been falling out for months. Nobody warned me about this.

On day 8 of my water fast, was thinking of smoking my pipe. Kind of worried what sort of impact the nicotine would have though. Anyone tried this before?

Oh no! Your body autophaggoted your hair!

Its not our fault that you are a genetic trash heap

Try smoking my pipe first. When I'm done, then you should be safe to smoke your pipe without being beaten bloody by my fists.

how do I use massive HGH gain from fasting in gaining muscles? Should I do something like fasting on rest days?

fasting is lifestyle not a cycle you go on and off of

Medfag here, i don't know how old you are but the likelihood is you don't have cancer if you're a young non-smoker. Dunno what the US guidelines are but in the UK you'd get a CT scan every year, no growth after two years and they'd discharge you from follow up. Don't get a shit ton of CTs, it's approaching fukashima levels of radiation.

horrible idea, your immune system has probably refreshed and your blood and liver is probably the cleanest it's been in awhile; Tobacco and nicotine would hit you like a freight train

Any info on weed while fasting? It tends to help me get past hard days.

Damn, figured as much. Thanks senpai

Does it matter what you break your fast with? Could I just eat shit?

Depends on the fast and duration. If you are going longer than 2-3 days, it would be recommended to do a refeed when getting off your fast. Refeed syndrome can potentially kill you, so look up refeeding if you are doing something long-term.

What about just OMAD?

Good one

Is diet pepsi okay for fasts?

are we anorexic

Some would say no, as your body cant tell the difference between a sweet sugary substance, or a sweet 0 calorie substance and will spike insulin in response to what it expects to be a very sweet intake.

I would also say no. Not only because the first reason, but because I always end up becoming hungry and really wanting food if I go for a diet beverage. I thought I was being clever drinking a ton of diet A&W when cutting, but I quickly realized all it did was make me want more sweets and bullshit food.

Ultimately, if you can do it without it fucking your world up, then go ahead. I cannot.

>Some would say no, as your body cant tell the difference between a sweet sugary substance, or a sweet 0 calorie substance and will spike insulin in response to what it expects to be a very sweet intake.

This seems like broscience to me. The insulin spike is a biological response to caloric intake. Just because something tastes sweet IE artificial sweetener does not mean that the body assumes you are ingesting calories.

Ya, I wasnt too keen on that one either. Which is why I said the second reason is the reason I avoid diet drinks.

Well check the insulin response on different sweeteners. As far as I know very few sweeteners do not cause an insulin reaction.

>The insulin spike is a biological response to caloric intake

Not quite, Insulin is a response to carbohydrates. Fats do not trigger an insulin response. Would be really stupid if you were eating some blocks of butter and you would pass out due to hypoglycemia.

How do you guys overcome the shits? I get liquid sharts on day 3 like clockwork. I'm talking a dripping leakage. I never get to day 4 because of these.

I'm not obese or an amerishart, I'm just trying to get from 172lb to 165lbs before Oct 1.

this is literally the first time hearing about refeed syndrome. i plan to do a month long fast so what do i eat after the month to not kill myself?

As many pizzas as you can afford, as fast as you can eat it.

>I am curious if there was a scientific test that studied the effects of performance and this pattern in sports that could confirm I was not experiencing some type of placebo effect or something

What grade are you in?

Uh yeah don't drink so much water.

will fasting help me lose my panniculus
i don't want my panniculus anymore

mmmkay but like... you ARE an obese amerishart, right?

i like how cold my body feels during fasts, feels good.

heheheheh

oohhahaha

97 hours in, I caught cold hopefully I'll get better tomorrow. Been watching a lot of ramen videos, my soul food lol

We all are gonna make it.

Is it better to start lifting after I lose all my fat?

How do I retain most of my muscle mass and go on a fast too??

No
Continue lifting

bump

How about you man the fuck up and grind it through you cuck

first time going 25 hrs without food

what should I expect within the next 24?

Does this image mean you don't get the most out of fasts if you only do them for like 2 days

pretty much you dont get the most out of it until you hit ketosis

Doesn't really work that way friendo, the benefits of fasting kick in between 24-27 after last meal, so you'll be getting very close to being in a completely fasted state and then kicking yourself straight back out.

Prove it faggit