How tough are these Spartan Races and Tough Mudder really...

How tough are these Spartan Races and Tough Mudder really ? A girl I know has posted a picture of her ater one of these races, does that mean she is into fitness ? Or is this just stuff normies do as well nowadays ?

It means she is into getting fucked by Chad in the mud pits

It's for people that haven't accomplished anything in life to feel a sense of accomplishment to make up for the lack of accomplishment they missed out on.

>How tough are these Spartan Races and Tough Mudder really?

As tough as you make them user.

well she had a medal so she mustve atleast done decent at them ?

Literally this. You don't NEED to do the obstacles. You can just walk around them.

Salty because you know you'd never be able to do one without pussying out like all the Stacey's there for the gram and just walking around shit.

Yeah, presumably she did it in a great time. Why does fit hate cardio?

I literally don't give a rats ass about this meme race. Supposedly the winner gets a can a beer.

Yeah, definitely worth spending hundreds of dollars to sign up for it. Retarded people like you deserve to be scammed.

Easy as shit. did the 23km tough mudder last year and it was a walk in the park, i'm not very fit either. its a thing for normies to feel accomplished

>Why does fit hate cardio?
agreed

No these races aren't the olympics, but fuck it would be fun to collect 'mires and get dirty with some cardiobunnies that actually have
>muh functional strength

Veeky Forums is just lazy and wants to convince themselves that everyone is a moron if they are doing something that isn't a meme you can post to a board

People do these runs so they can post on facebook about how fit they are

good! let them

I did the esay one (Sprint) and I found it very easy. I'm fit by normie standards but not by Veeky Forums standards.
Next weekend I'm doing the middle one (Super) and I think it may be tough.

do you even need strength for these races, I dont wanna bash her but she looks like she has literally no upper body strength. her arms are literal toothpicks, I am not even sure she could pull her bodyweight up from a dead hang. but I might be wrong ofc I dont really know how strong slim women really are.

It's just a fun fitness thing to do

>do you even need strength for these races?

Yeah. You need excellent endurance

so are there any real hard races like this around ? I am think something like a parcour you would have marines do in training or sth like that. preferably something that is a real challenge to finish.

I agree
I do these regularly

I did the spartan race. so long as you have reasonable strength you can do all the challenges and you wont need to train for it. One thing I will say is DO YOUR CARDIO SON. The cardio way more difficult than the actual challenges. I'm someone who never did cardio, in the race there were people in fucking fancy dress merrily jogging past me whilst I was reduced to walking. That was my wakeup call to fuck strength and focus cardio for a while

I did enjoy it though, the obstacles and crawling through the mud was fun

Participation medal probably. You just play them a shitload of money for a small ego boost badically

Depends on the race. Google "Viking run Aftermovie" for some examples of obstacles

B-but cardio kills gains bruh.

tip of the hat, good sir

Its for normie faggots who can feel smug for 5 minutes before they go back to their pathetic sedentary lives

It's 12miles over a number of obstacles

It's not like running a half marathon though because you spend a lot of time queuing for obstacles. So it's like run a mile, queue for a while, run 2mile, queue for a while.

There are people at each obstacle to help you over...or you can just walk around them

It's something which can be achieved by anybody with a basic level of fitness without any training.

There's several levels of spartan races ranging from 2-24 miles and like 4-48 obstacles or so. They range all the way from normie to brutal as fuck.

>scammed
>hundreds of dollars

Are you a fucking retard?

>£70
>test of fitness/endurance

Literally no real difference from running a marathon except that you need to be actually fit instead of just skinny and able to keep running.

Probably why you dislike it. I bet the thought of even walking 12 miles puts you out of breath.

But please tell me how I've been scammed by signing up with a bunch of friends and raising money for charity.

There are different levels. Some are easy some are hard
Tough guy race is supposedly the toughest with multiple people each year who can't complete it

for spartan, you can't "just walk around them". you have to do some replacement thing, like 50 burpees. if you leave the obstacle without completing it or the alternative, then you're disqualified.

I did one and it was like 10k long with obstacles in between, they had easy and hard versions of each so if you chose the hard ones you were basically doing a smaller version of the ninja warrior obstacles.

The worst ones were the salmon ladder, rope climb, and the long jumps since they were all placed near the end.

A spartan sprint? Its 4 miles of running and 20some obstacles, 30 burpees for each failed obs. Difficulty honestly depends on where you do it, I ran mine in Breckenridge CO, and everyone from out of state was fucking gassed half way through because of the altitude. But overall, you have to atleast be a little fit to finish the sprint in a decent time, and you have to be fit to finish the super or beast. Proobably safe to say she's into fitness.