Morning Discipline

Lets talk about the hardest lift of the day, which is lifting yourself out of bed. Does anyone else have that problem when they get out of bed 2 hours after they already woke up?
>wake up
>browse phone for 2 hours while still in bed
I get that it can be a comfy feel if its on a weekend, but I do it almost every morning and makes me feel like an unproductive shit. How are your morning routines like?
>inb4 get a job
I am full-time student with evening lectures. But I still would prefer to be out of bed before noon.

I've never had any problems with getting up in the morning, even when I was a kid going to school. I always found it harder to get myself to do anything once I was up.

Get an alarm clock and leave all your electronics in another room.

>get a job
I had a job as a full time student, it's called not being a lazy waste of potential

This is what they call a first world problem, right?

Here's my advice: Don't be a spoiled manchild.

Have you tried to look forward, be excited about the day?

>Full-time Job
>Salary so punctuality isn't a huge deal
>need to leave house by quarter after seven
>sleep in to quarter after seven every fucking day
>rush out the door in a half assed frenzy
>say i'm not going to do it again tomorrow
>do it again tomorrow

Why am I like this?

Not OP but I am really enjoying studying full time and working out 6 days a week whilst working part time and having a social life. Much preferable to the extra money imo

I learned a trick that will help with waking up if you have trouble. I used to have the same problem.

As soon as you wake up, from alarm or your circadian rhythm, roll. Keep rolling until you hit the floor. Do that every morning. You'll be fine in a week or so.

I would snap my neck on my bedside table..

same with me, but i wake up 4 minutes earlier and dress and drink my oats+2scoop+milk and eat my berries on my way

It's a mindset user. You are complacent. You take the easy way. You lack a hunger for life.
I know how that feels, I've been there, heck, I even had major depressions and could find no reason to get up in the morning.
But I worked on it, and now I literally can't wait to get up in the morning and start my day. Not because I have lots of things to take, as in things I don't want to do. But rather because I can use my time to advance myself in life. And I am hungry for more.

It's like waking up with a boner for life, ready to cum all over that sexy bitch.

And I am not hating on you user, because again, I know exactly how it feels. But you gotta kick yourself if you want more.

Thanks user. I appreciate your genuine advice.

Another tip I can give you, get a morning routine. But one that you actually enjoy. Like, it should not be anything of great effort, so that it feels like a chore.
For me, I get up, go to the bathroom, pee, wash myself real quick, and then do some light stretching and 5 minutes of meditation. After that I drink a tall glass of water. To whole thing takes very little effort, but it gives me a structure and a base to build upon.

Also, put your phone away from your bed, so that you actually have to get up to get it.

No need to make your life miserable, make waking up fun and easy, so that you look forward to it.

>2 scoops?
pfff
5 MINIMUM

>Does anyone else have that problem when they get out of bed 2 hours after they already woke up?
Used too.
Sounds counter intuitive, but you may be getting too much sleep.
7-8 hrs sleep and I'm a zombie
4-6 hrs sleep and I'm energetic all day till bedtime and then pass out easily and have a another refreshing 4-6 hour hard ROM sleep.
Try it out.

REM sleep*

I had trained myself to pop out of bed when I heard my alarm but somehow lost the training. Waking up is hell now, go through like 3-4 alarm cycles.

Don't EVER lose that enjoyment till you 100% finish school.
Decide now if you want your masters because going back is fucking impossible.

Used to have this problem still i started making a tasty high protein breakfast. I hop out of bed ready to nourish my body and taste buds.

>ChE grad student
>Work 14 hours a day, regularly go on 5 hours or less of sleep a night
>other students judge me for not working the whole night so I can go lift

Fuck you guys, it's the one thing I look forward to in the day

>>inb4 get a job
>"I'm a full-time student so tfw no free time"

Bullshit. Get a part time job in whatever field your studying (or at least get an internship) and you a) have a motivation to move your ass out of the bed and b) you don't hand in a CV that says "I went to HS, walked through basic, then I studied and now I want you to hire me!".

Working part time jobs during your study is an easy way to get lots of experience and you can get a few sets of starting social skills in.

Which you probably need, considering you made this thread.

It is kinda harder to be
>yeah I went through hs, not done with basics of college yet, and will likely focus more on school than work. still hire me

unless stem hurhur

But honestly as a student I got a job at a bakery for money. Early 3 am hours had my ass up. When I did apply for a job and mentioned that as a part time it was a weird bonus in that I could honestly say that if I could make a 3 am morning every day for years I'd never be late to any other job in my goddamn life. And it's held true.

There's really no magic to waking up. You just gotta willpower through it. Oh sure fix your bed and use flux apps and black out curtains help. Big help for me is to have my ac set to shut off an hour before I need to be up or have my heater set to only turn on a couple hours before I need to be awake. Something about being cold makes it harder to get out of bed.

But it's like how there's all these little tips on eating on a cut, like limiting your eating hours or keto vs low fat, or meal prep. It's still gonna just come down to will power. All your decisions are just binary yes/no and sure there's factors that might push you to "yeah getting out of bed now" or "nah 30 more minutes" but all the same it's your decision that you control and make.

So ya know just get out of bed.

I used to have a Republican radio station that had a phone in on at my wake up time and oh hell all the up their ass red necks got me so mad I was too angry to fall back asleep.