/fat/ going to diet after this slice edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

previous thread

>lost ~95lbs since April
>now around 215
>fell off wagon for a few weeks drinking beers with friends and stuff
>didn't lose any more but didn't gain thankfully
>now back on it, lifting and starting to mix running in with walking

Could have been worse but why the fuck did I waste all that time

uh, 85*

230 as of yesterday - I'm down 58lbs from 288
On a short maintenance phase to normalize the system, then onto another long cut
Lifting, eating well, feeling great
Good luck lads, I believe in you

>why the fuck did I waste all that time

because combos are fuckin tasty, son

>CW : 253 pounds
>GW : below 220 pounds by the end of this year
It seems so distant

This is the first night I'm stressed as fuck and *not* treating it with a binge.

What are your best stress control tactics, user?

>What are your best stress control tactics, user?
Smoking. Atleast i eat less.

>tfw quit six weeks ago

weight loss has gone from a breeze to a constant uphill struggle, I'm getting a lot fitter and more active to compensate though

>Going to diet after this slice
What I've been saying to myself the last two weeks. I was supposed to start the 1st september.

>weight loss has gone from a breeze to a constant uphill struggle
Same for me - havent lost anything in two weeks. I guess the saving grace is that i dont have sweet-tooth.

From 290 to 180. Were all gonna make it.

noice, gj

excellent work user

Something ive found lads. It fucking sucks it really does, but its the fastest way to lose weight. Get a compilation of your ideal body. Look at it. Study it. Imagine you owning that body. And all the perks that go along with it. Then take a pic of yours. Thats your motivation, your anchor. It will keep you going through the hunger. Then eat as little as possible. Mostly protein to maintain muscle. Its a 24/7 commitment. A obsession almost. But if you really want it, its your quickest way to success.

Keep going my dude. Set your sights on 5 pound increments so you hit goals every ~2 weeks. Keeps the mind in the game.

72 virgins are awaiting for you in Paradise. But only if you CONFESS your sins, and commit to a life of caloric restrictions.

Are they female?

>new guy at work is joosy as fuck, biceps easily 18", but he's spaghetti-tier awkward

found my new gym buddy

Had almost 1600 calories in liquid alone yesterday. Alcohol is rough. Ended up being 3000~ for the day.

A little upset but it's the first time I've gone over maintenance in months and I knew what I was doing.

>lost 30kg
>have 2kg left to go
>start to pig out on a regular basis
I am so close but I am not going to make it. Never thought this would happen to me. Like what the hell?

You cannot expect to be at your best all the time. It's simply impossible, so you cannot blame yourself for too long. Just remember that that is not an excuse.

kek

kekerino

Yeah I need to stop drinking simply for the calories too. I've gotten to the point where twelve beers doesn't even get me drunk anymore. It's not fun anymore and I'm consuming over a day's worth of food in that one sitting. I'm deciding right now that the weekly drinking binges are over.

>It's not fun anymore
Same. Even having lost a lot of weight I still can't get drunk like I used to. Feels pointless now.

>200lbs
>6ft tall
>roughly 20lbs overweight
>42 bpm resting heart rate

Everything Ive read online states that low heart rate is indicative of good health. But how can I be healthy if Im fat.

I made country gravy yesterday. Forgive me.

It's gotten to the point where it's a waste of time and money and I get on the scale Sunday morning and I'm five pounds heavier than Friday. Then I lose five pounds over the week and drink it all back. It's a vicious cycle that if I just decided not to do I think I could actually make improvements in my weight loss.

you are not overweight. you can even have a good heart while being fat if you work out regularly and by working out I mean cardio and fresh air. I don't think obese folk can have a healthy heart at any fitness level. Oh and heart attacks and heart failures are two different things. Fatties mostly suffer from the latter.

You'd make huge improvements man.

Thanks man. I'm just going to buy healthy groceries this Saturday and no beer. I'm sticking to it now.

Idk, I carry excess fat around, but I do run every day and try to eat healthy for the most part. Its just weird to me that I have such a low heart rate when compared to my skinnier friends.

Fat fucks.

I drank a Powerade post workout thinking I was cool. 200 calories and a million sugar jfc

I (mostly) quit drinking almost six months ago.
I used to drink quite a lot, like a bottle of wine a day Monday-Thursday and then maybe two bottles of gin over the weekend plus a bottle of wine or some beer. Had periods where I drank more and periods where I drank less.
Not quite all-out alcoholism, but definitely not healthy. This went on for some years.

Quitting wasn't all that difficult actually. The cigarettes were a million times worse. I do miss drinking to be honest, even with the hangovers I really like being drunk, but overall I'm glad I quit. It was very difficult for me to imagine that I would ever be able to stay off the booze for as long as I've done.
I still have a few glasses of wine on weekends and I don't find it difficult to keep it at that.

anyone fell off the wagon?

>two bottles of gin
As in, two handles of gin? You were drinking three liters of gin in two days?

Your self-sabotage. In order to not achieve your goal, you will always "work" towards it as your current state. It's comforting to never reach your goal, since you wont fall into the "what now..?" position.

I get something of the same, when I see the scale move down to new numbers I've never seen before I get a good feeling, but it also shows I know what works to a certain degree. So then I don't have to try as hard, but I feel bad for snacking. I had a piece of (delicious homemade) candy previously, while it tastes good, having avoided sugar by quite a large margin it had a sidetaste of weakness.
It tasted sweet, but it wasn't as good as if I were a binger. A part of me still wants to give up and give in to gluttony since it takes - paradoxically less effort to feast then to not.

Alcohol is in the process of being cut down, or down to a minimum and only through wine. However, there are so many temptations out there. A beer here, a beer there. Makes the coping of my miserable life easier right there.

And living with a pork sister is shit. She has half eaten bags of chips everywhere. Soda cans next to the couch. Trash on the side of the couch. Chocolate in the fridge. Cupboards are filled with shit that just waits to expire. Why are (we) fat people so god damn disgusting?!
She smells like the plague too.
She's like 30 cm shorter then me, but weighs 30 kg (I would guess much more then 30kg) more then me.

That's quite an improvement though. Just think of all those calories you were drinking and now it's down to a few glasses.

I ate 20 Mcnuggets and a Mcdouble yesterday. Allah have mercy

Nah, half that. I've put away a liter on some my really good days lol.
Never really drank until blackout, just to get a good buzz going which obviously became more and more difficult.

Yeah and it's good for the wallet too.

>tfw went to the doc and I have fatty liver
>bought 100 MCnuggets and binging until they're gone

>Your self-sabotage. In order to not achieve your goal, you will always "work" towards it as your current state. It's comforting to never reach your goal, since you wont fall into the "what now..?" position.
thanks, man, I needed to hear/read this. I was trying to figure out whats wrong but could not quite put my finger on it. I have been working for this for so fucking long, for so many years. I can't believe it's finally almost over. I guess I might be scared of what's coming next.

To any fatties considering "cheating" I recommend Halo Top ice cream. I thought it would taste like it's filled with protein and be gritty but it actually tastes exactly like legit ice cream. I got birthday cake flavor and it's super smooth and sweet. I'd say if you are feeling the urge definitely get this instead of a candy bar. It was on sale today for 2.50 a pint

What activity level do I put on the TDEE if i'm a teacher (male) and walk up to 3 miles each day while teaching.

You're a godsend user. I've been dying for ice cream today

Rule of thumb is to be conservative and go for sedentary or whatever is just above that, unless you are very active during the day to the point of building up a sweat.

Especially if you're using MFP or similar, where they tend to be overestimate calories burned.

I fucked up and broke my IF after 3 weeks and ordered some KFC. Fucking KFC. I have no idea what happened, but I'm at 3400 calories today, so around 1500 calories more than usual. Fuck.

I plan on fasting all day tomorrow for fucking up so much, only water, coffee and maybe a small protein shake in the evening. Fucking KFC, out of all the shit.

Currently 322, just beginning to go to the gym. Should I just do cardio for now, or should I do weightlifting as well? The gym I have access to doesn't have machines, can I do all weight lifting with free weights, or should I pay to join a gym with machines?

>cardio
Just dont do running.

Your knees/legs will be in pain for days after I wouldn't start running until you reach overweight bmi.

Cleaned my room today. That's an integral part of making it, right?

Take it easy on the joints and do a lot of walking. Most of your fat loss is going to be controlling how much you eat. Weights will help you a bit losing but it's mainly for making sure that once you finally get down to a healthy weight you will be in a certain shape and the loose skin won't be as bad. Do a lot of walking, eat right, and lift.

Tomorrow you fast.

Absolutely

ye lol waddup

yea but im not trying to get up so much. im at a decent spot but i realize its my social gains that are underdeveloped and even with abs i wont get laid.

walking or meditation

My mother bought me a deep fryer today. I was excited because I've always wanted to make homemade fries and blueberry cake donuts and not those shitty baked versions.
While I had a ton of fun making the fries and they tasted extremely good with them being crunchy on the outside, yet soft and creamy on the inside, I could only bring myself to eat three.

I'm so close to getting under 200 lbs, man. I've already lost enough weight to make another person, so I can't stop now.

doing a big caloric deficit. cutting nearly 1000 calories every day all the while doing intermittent fasting. Is this safe or should I be putting more calories in during my eating window?

I did when my grandpa passed away last November. I spent 7 months being a sad sack and gained 14 lbs back. I just lost those 14 lbs again and I'm back on track.

this might seem like a shill post, but get one of these activfryers, one table spoon of oil to cook fries compared to one liter

the fries are obviously not as good as deep fried ones, but it'd say they go 70% of the way, also potatoes have relatively low calories for their density, and i personally love fries so this is a good alternative

how much protein does this "good source of protein" contain?

How the fuck do I manage to keep up a social life and also lose weight, when all my friends wanna do is drink beer on the weekend.

I really dont think I eat much, I just drink way too much fucking beer.

You're not overweight. BMI isn't everything

just started my journey a month ago, lost 9 pounds
how am I doing, and when will my will begin to waver?

just ate like 5 slices of pizza as soon as I got home. didn't break my IF, but I've developed horrible eating habits and lose my mind after getting home from a long ass day of not eating. this stops here, I swear on my life.

Sup /fat/. Just weighed myself and I hit 170. 90 pounds lost.

20g per pint

Doing the same here man. You feeling hungry as shit all the time?

Some argue that cutting so fast can cause lean body mass loss

Not that user but I had a pint of my own to look at.

Mine is Chocolate Almond Crunch, for reference, though I assume they'll be roughly the same across the board. For 320 calories you get 24 grams of protein. So not terrible I guess but it'd be terribly silly to actively use it as a source.

is it okay to stick back in the freezer or will it get gross and not taste the same upon first opening it? I had a couple spoons and felt satiated it'd be nice if this thing lasted the week

Damn, good progress. A bit loose skin around belly.

6'1 will I have loose skin going from 230 to 170?

haha, yeah. but build up muscle so it fills you out when you get fit. train every part of your body

nah not at 230. also 170s prob a bit too thin for you height.

What about 6'4 from 270 to 190?

how does one get very fat
are all of you just food addicts?

as long as I'm occupied I won't feel the hunger, especially after getting used to the fasting life. But as soon as I'm chilling at home doing nothing? That hunger gnaws at me like a motherfucker. Thankfully I still maintain myself.

As for lean body mass loss, I haven't noticed any losses in particular. Even if I do lose some, as soon as i hit my goal weight I'm gonna practically be living my life inside of a gym lmao

Not if you lift.

Also lost two pounds. Fuck yes.

>tfw lost a little weight and gained a little muscle
>tfw they're balancing out so i've been the exact same weight for a while now

i wanna see progress on the scales dammit

>
just do 1000 cal deficit without the bullshit fasting bro that's all psuedoscience anyway

drink plenty of water and your body will adjust to the lower calorie intake soon enough

Lost some weight with keto, gained it back cause I didn't fix habits, depressed and not eating as much again, it's going OK.

Maybe. You don't know till your bf% is like 15% or less, dude. Get there and then worry.

I eat some and put it away all the time.

It's so easy to eat 2500+kcal a day. I will never understand skellyfags who struggle with gaining weight, it's so ridiculously easy and effortless.

A couple of pieces of cake are 1000kcal, a big lunch/dinner, especially after work/school is up to 1000-1300kcal. At this point I'm already at above my TDEE, it's only a few hundred calories, but it adds up over time.

Lunch + cake/cookies/chocolate + dinner + various other small snacks and you're easily at over 3000-3500kcal. Watching a tv show or youtube videos while eating something, there's your 1000+kcal easily.

A couple of tablespoons of fucking peanut butter are 300kcal+ and I can eat those in fucking seconds. Two big pears are 200kcal+, how the fuck do skellies struggle with food? It's boggles my mind. How?

>SW: 300 borderline
>CW: 188
>GW: 165 probably?

I currently do keto, IF around 1800-2000 calories, about 3 hours of cardio and lifting a week.

Hopefully I make it sometime next year.

Same. I was a bit worried after finding out I haven't been losing any weight after 3 weeks of 700kcal deficit, lifting every other day and cardio. I grabbed a tape measure and what do you know, lost 1.5" off my waist. I also compared pictures from 3 weeks ago and today, I do look a little leaner and slightly more defined.

I'm definitely counting correctly and I'm really hungry before bed. I'm obsessed with counting calories accurately and I don't lie to myself with cheat meals or cheat days.

>coworkers ordered pizza
>go home for lunch and eat steak without telling anyone
Feels good being an autist, still haven't broken my PSMF.

>tfw paranoid
>think family members are trying to sabotage me, especially mom and sister
>don't want to eat anything they prepare because I'm afraid they're putting too much oil even though I monitor them whenever I can
>they're getting mad at me
>mom keeps bringing snacks and cake almost every day
>buys greasy take away all the time
Anyone else know this feel?

Imagine going from eating like 1-1.5k calories a day to being told to eat 3k+ and so you try this and it makes you feel physically so awful that you can't move, can't think and just feel like puking for hours. Then you give up and never try again, or just keep lifting at a deficit don't see results and then give up . I think this is the problem for a lot of people who start lifting or try to gain weight.

Yes, fuck them, make your own food.

Buy your own ingredients and prep ahead of time for a week when they're not around.

You control your own life.

>eating like 1-1.5k calories a day to being told to eat 3k+
I can eat 1500kcal in less than 5 minutes. It's literally fucking nothing, especially if you eat calorie dense food. An entire pizza is 2500kcal and I can eat one while browsing Veeky Forums or watching something and I'm not even that fat (6' 190lbs).

Even eating clean I can easily eat 2500+kcal in 20-30 minutes if I'm hungry. I'll never understand skellies.

by eating fat. dairy, fast food, too much meat

>really dont think I eat much, I just drink way too much fucking beer.

doubt that. very hard to gain weight by drinking beer while eating healthy

You're the main character of your own life. Don't let them make you a side character.

yes maybe you can eat 1500 in less than 5 minutes, my point is that some people have lived their whole lives consuming a certain amount and living a certain lifestyle that adapting to change takes dedication and can be physically grueling to start with, and as a result eating 1500 calories in less than 5 minutes can be a pretty horrific concept for them. Most people just give up and stay as they are, same with fat people.

Hey so sailrabbit recommend 1200 and fitnessfrog recommends 1700, and then one place recommended 1500. Which should I go with at 195 and 5'7''?

but why post a jew? why?

Typical day before I started lifting and losing weight:
>wake up, make a bigass sandwich with mayo, cheese and all that crap, drink some chocolate milk (800kcal+)
>eat a fruit or two before lunch (100-200kcal)
>lunch time, eat a big portion or several regular portions (1200kcal+)
>cookies or chocolate after lunch (500kcal)
>eat cereal or pudding before bed (500kcal)
>no exercise whatsoever
I deluded myself into thinking I was eating a normal amount of food. Now I'm cutting at 1600kcal a day, lift every other day and do 2 hours of cardio a week. I'm hungry before bed.