Exercises you invented

That are objectively superior to the alternatives
>rack supported one legged standing band hip thrusts
Nobody else does these but me. They're so ez to setup and you can really dig into your glutes and hams with them. And no pelvis pain from heavy ass barbell hip thrust.

You can set these up two ways:
1. a band peg + a monster band. put a band peg was level in rack, loop band around one end, wrap band around waste like a seat belt and attach end to band peg again, grab the opposite end of the rack with your hands, walk as close to it as you can to stretch the band, stand on one leg, partially squat and thrust, extending knee, using as little arms as possible. this works better if you're fat or have a small rack as it's easier to "buckle" the band around you and the double band effect created causes more tension so the smaller rack won't cause a limitation
2. loop a or a few monster bands around one end of a rack upright, pull it taut, step inside of the other end of the loop(s), grab/step towards the furthest other end of the rack with two hands, walk forward pulling band as tight as you can, stand on one leg, bend knee and thrust into band while extending knee. this setup works better in a larger size rack not for fat people tho
If you had two stable poles (pull up bars, swings, etc) spaced a correct distance apart you could do the same, loop band around one end of pole, step inside the band, grab the other pole and walk forward, get on one leg, bend knee and thrust while extending knee
You can really play around with angles and leverages to maximize band tension and muscle contractions. You'll really feel an intense contraction in your glutes and hams if doing it right.

>put a band peg was level
*waste level

No-handed deadlift.

I did 550kg earlier this week. I would try more but the plates at my gym are wide and fill up the bar.

Basically you set up like a normal deadlift, but at the point where you hold your arms out in front of you and puff up your chest in the typical powerlifter deadlift setup ritual way, you just keep your arms out in front of you instead of grabbing the bar. Then pull and lockout.

I didn't invent this but I'm the only one who ever does unilateral decline dumbbell bench.
Usually it'll be with an 80lber but I've worked my way to the 100s if I do sets of five.
Most people in my gym don't even flat bench more than the 80s.

Huh, that's bretty good. Thanks user.

Double backpack poorfag deadlift squat

Put as much heavy shit as you can find into two backpacks, put one on your back, one on front, then deadlift the only two dumbbell weights you own.

decline is easier that flat bud

Not with one hand.
I can unilateral flat dumbbell bench more than my decline.
Not by much, but it's definitely more comfortable.
You see, you'd know this if you actually tried it.

Hip supported rows on the 45 degree back extension. I'd do them on a GHR but my gym doesnt have them.
My problem with rows is that my hips are too eager to get involved. Works great with dumbbells and barbells

I forgot if you're fat you may not be able to get the band around you by any means so you'll need a narrow enough rack, two band pegs and set it up like pic related only use one leg instead. I've never tried it like this but I'm fairly certain it'd work. Using one leg is important because you get more out of band tension and band limitations with unilateral exercises.

Upside down hanging overhead pull

Basically set up a barbell for overhead press, then place it under a pull-up bar and hang yourself upside down. Then, whilst upside down, grab the barbell and pull it to your chin. You get a crazy contraction on the shoulders and the added weight really develops your core.

>Do bicep curl
>Turn wrist at top of curl
>Bring elbow above head
>Tricep extension
>Reverse and repeat

I've come up with a bunch of different exercise tweaks as well as completely new exercises.

Example of a tweak to an existing exercise: "overhead facepulls". This doesn't require much of an explanation, but it's done with a straight bar attachment to a high pulley set above your head. In the peak contracted position you're sort of doing a front double biceps pose.

Example of a new exercise: "sideways fly" (for inner pecs, yes, seriously). I'll lie down on my side on a 30 degree incline, and do a unilateral fly. Because I'm lying on my side, gravity provides resistance as I move the DB way across my chest - something that's otherwise hard to replicate with free weights.

what are the advantages of this over a pull up?

ok, decline is harder for you but easier for 95% of people. i guess decline must be harder then

So an upside down pulldown? Or am I misunderstanding?

Squeezing your knees to keep yourself upside down while lifting the weight does wonders for your core most of your body desu

Similar, but you get way more core work and you can better add weight incrementally since you're using a barbell

Huh I guess you're right. At first I thought this would fuck your knees up but it's like those circus dudes who catch bodies in mid air upside down swinging from a trapezius.

*trapeze

Gonna be honest and say I've never had knee problems (I did leg extensions for years, too, which apparently fuck up your knees) so I really can't speak on whether it's an issue or not. I'd verge on the side of caution for anyone reading this and just not do by circus routine.

I don't know why I have to help stressing the unilateral part, do you even know what it means?
On a flat uni dumbbell bench movement, your feet can do a pretty good job stabilizing your body so you don't fall over on one side.
On the decline uni dumbbell bench, your feet are off the floor and are supported by those shitty foam pads on the bench.
As a result, you have to recruit more stabilizing muscles in your legs AND abs just to stabilize yourself.
You don't do as much weight as the flat because you are using more muscles other than your pec/delt/tricep.
Does that make sense now?
Like I said in a previous post, it's not by much in terms of weight, but the risk of injury is much higher and it's less stable.

sounds like an incredibly inefficient way to do two lifts that have enough problems being efficient

I haven't really seen anyone do it before, but it's a reverse curl/barbell facepull. Grab a barbell, get into bent over row position, and row to your face instead of sternum. Keep elbows tucked in and it sort of becomes a reverse curl. Gave me a great bicep, trap, and rear delt pump. I had to use 65-75lbs for a set of 20 when I can normally row 185 for 15

I obviously didn't invent the concept of time under tension, but really, slowing my negative phase down during all of my lifts has made me a lot stronger I think, and nobody really mentions tension much these days. I'm pretty sure it used to be the main focus like forty years ago.

Since doing 2-3 sec eccentric on every accessory lift I've made more gains than ever. Now I kek seeing people do fast eccentrics.

a really effective way to train is doing only the eccentric portion of a lift and with much more weight than you can lift. you control the eccentric down as long as you can and that's a set. one popular way to do these is weighted pull/chin ups.