Potassium Chloride

Hey Veeky Forums can we talk about potassium chloride? Is this a good alternative to regular salt? Or is it a deadly Jewish meme.

BTW it tastes enough like salt for me to switch to it permanently.

Please preface troll posts with %TROLL% as it is difficult for me to tell sometimes.

Yeah bro go for it, NaCl is a gains goblin.

why do you want a substitute?

Regular salt (NaCl) on itself even in large quantities is not bad on itself for you - the idea that NaCl intake needs to be reduced is a health fad with very little science to back it up.

Was thinking water retention mostly. Not really "Health Issues".

I don't think substituting one type of salt (NaCl) with with another one (KCl) will do any good in that regard

Isn't sodium a significant factor in water retention, not the fact that it is "a salt".

According to this, potassium will pump excess water out

https //legionathletics com/water-retention/

I use it as a supplement. Supposed to be good for blood pressure and I know I don't get nearly enough potassium, but that's from Google to take that with a grain of salt. Blood pressure has gone down though, so there's that

All salts will make you retain water. Subbing potassium in in place of sodium will just help you if you have have a low potassium diet. Americans got on the no salt meme because all of your processed kosher garbage is loaded with it. If you eat whole foods you are probably better off adding some salt here and there.

>all major health organizations recommend restricting salt
>just a fad with very little science to back it up

You should have a balance of all they electrolytes, so if you don't eat a lot of potassium this might be good for you.

%TROLL%
it's great, especially if you load it up into a syringe and inject it

%TROLL%
isn't Potassium Chloride what they use in lethal injections?

just use sea salt

>these people are allowed to drive

meant for

Restrict salt, but don't use this. It's really hard on your kidneys and is a lot less salty than salt so you end up needing more.
>The typical amounts of potassium chloride found in the diet appear to be generally safe.[12] In larger quantities, however, potassium chloride is toxic. The LD50 of orally ingested potassium chloride is approximately 2.5 g/kg, or 190 grams (6.7 oz) for a body mass of 75 kilograms (165 lb). In comparison, the LD50 of sodium chloride (table salt) is 3.75 g/kg.

If you're really adamant about doing it be really careful about what other high potassium foods you might be eating.

No salt salt is fucking great. Especially if you love salt but need to lower blood pressure.

Actually it's salt

Do you know how much 190g of potassium is you fuck

a little less than 0.19 kilograms

I bet you don't know how much potassium is in your current daily diet you fuck. Also I try to keep my intake of things fairly far below the median lethal dose.