Spartan Run/Obstacle Course

Training for a Spartan Run. I'm in decently OK shape except cardio/endurance is most likely shit.

Aside from running for endurance, what should I add to my weekly routine to prepare? What would assist with climbing a rope or climbing in general?
I don't want to make an ass out of myself, even if I'm going with people less fit than I am.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dPUBRMNJsGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ice baths

Endurance is all in the mind.

Learn to ignore the desire to stop

Burpees. So many fucking burpees. Learn how to climb a rope, swing on monkey bars, and throw a javaline.

where do I procure a javelin to throw

it's ridiculously easy. my brother and I didn't train once and placed in the top 5% if I remember right. That being said, we both do tree work so we are already in above average shape so it helped, but if you're any good with exercising and a little bit of mental willpower it will be really easy for you

>I was too pussy to join the Military when I was younger but now I do gay shit like spartan runs / tough mudder to compensate

>Joining the military instead of using your best years to prepare for an actual career

>not going to military school, becoming a high ranking officer, coming home, becoming a business leader or laywer, running for public office and using your collected experiences and skills to improve your country
Never, ever gonna make it.

which experiences ? you never actually did anything apart from training and school/university. not like you wouldve actually used any of those skills in the real world. military training is just LARPing, 99% of people will never kill someone anyway.

You mean leading divisions of men in difficult conditions all over the world when you're surrounded by people who have the desire and means to kill you and all your men? Yeah that's not experience. Wouldn't vote for that guy

I have a ton of friends who served and guess what? They all work minimum wage jobs. Good guys, but the people who join the military aren't the type to make a difference in the real world that isn't killing brown people.

>Implying that the people who do this aren't already rich and well connected and only do this to check off another populism box

This is why you're poor

>served
I'm not talking about enlisted men. I have a ton of respect for them, and I think they're making the right choice (assuming their alternative was joining the workforce straight out of high school/going to a shit college and going in to debt) but they're not the leaders of the future. I mean guys who are going to West Point or the Naval Academy or whatever your country's equivalents may be

Did one last month, the one obstical that kicked my ass was bucket brigade. Take a 5 gal bucket fill it with gravel and carry it. You can't use the buckets handle or carry it on your shoulders.

I've drive stuff like this. To be honest the obstacles are a joke. They have to be easy enough for women, so they're pretty much nothing.

The cardio, running parts are the only it that's hard.

I went to a pretty wealthy private school, a lot of guys wanted to do just what you're laying out but the only kid who got in to West Point was there on scholarship, his dad died in the Navy and his mom was barely scraping by. Sure there's a lot of that kind of thing where the rich get richer but if you're not willing to at least take your best shot at improving your lot in life, you probably don't deserve a better life to begin with.

It just sounds like fun man. I wouldn't want to do it for a fucking living.

Really? I mean I don't think just an old joe can just join up and do it.
8-12 mile uphill/downhill stuff, sandbag carry for half a mile, gravel bucket carry, jumping over 8ft walls, I dunno man.

youtube.com/watch?v=dPUBRMNJsGI

Like yeah it's no superman stuff but you can't be an out of shape office worker and actually finish this.

If its just a Sprint you will be fine. When i ran one i was quite out of shape. As long as you are primarily doing it for fun and to just kinda test your limits then from obstacle to obstacle will mostly be fueled by your desire to see whats next.
Also yeah tons of burpees since anything you fail to do warrants like 30. Train eith pullups and a fairly thin rope if you can. Also have adaquate footwear.

I did a couple years back

cant tell if retarded or trolling
good job

>Also have adaquate footwear.
I have 150€(on sale you could get them for 80€) addias energy boosts
and a pait of
30€ lidl trail shoes

Id pick the lidl ones for any kind of muddy race any day

dont get me wrong the addidas are real nice they just arent made for running on muddy trails

Why do normies love these so much?

I have done multiple OCRs and can tell you to do a couple of things to help you.

-Cardio. The courses are a good distance, even the Sprints. Get your cardio up. Hills. Run up and down hills or steps.
-Bodyweight exercises. There are multiple things you have to hang on and traverse; Monkey bars, Twister, Wall Traverse. Work your grip and be able to hang for a while. Find a park and do the monkey bars until you cannot move your arms.
-If this is your first race, don't go out and spend $100 on special shoes. Do the race in a pair of older, but still good, shoes.
-Burpees. 30 of these is the penalty for failing obstacles. Do them. Chest to ground and jump when you get up. Don't cheat them. Lots of people cheat them and are frowned upon. -Spear throw. This is the obstacle that has the highest failure rate. There is no reason for this. Something like 85% of people fail it. Google "Ames True Temper 60" Wood Garden Rake" and go buy it as well as a 10-12" long and 3/8" diameter landscaping spike and some epoxy. Follow youtube tutorials and make yourself a spear to practice with.
Carry stuff. Get a 5-gallon bucket, fill it with rocks, carry it in front of you. Both grip and lower back will be built up.

I suggest going with a group your first time and having a good time, but if you're by yourself, there are many people out there that will help you, especially in the open division.

Good luck.

Also, look up how to climb a rope. There is no reason to kill your upper body to get up a rope.

I've never even heard about them till like a month ago.

Makes them feel alive by having to actually work through something. Our lives are so comfortable that we have to pay for pain now.