Be recovering fat

>be recovering fat
>been on a very healthy diet for over a year
>regularly jogging and HIIT training
>not really worried about being ripped
>just want to be not fat
>can already jog 5 miles around 45 minutes
>thinking about working up to being able to run a marathon once a week and run 10 miles at a 8 minute mile pace 4 days a week
>still weigh 210 which I am not too upset with being 6'2

I just want to be able to eat like a fatass and not be fat, if I go off of my healthy diet but continue to increase the distance I run will I be able to maintain my current weight? Or am I chasing a dream?

Just my personal experience, but I ran 50 miles a week at 6-8 minute pace and basically ate anything I wanted and was a fucking skelly, so if you run frequently and hard enough you can eat whatever and not be fat. At least I think.

hope your knees last for you user, you might want to shed a few lbs still.

This is something I worry about. I don't ever get knee pain after/during running but after a set of squats or something similar I will occasionally get a deep dull throbbing deep within my knees. It normally only lasts maybe an hour or so after the workout.

it really depends on how much u eat buddy.
Even if you burned 8000 calories you could still gain weight that day if you ate 9000 calories.

if you consistently eat more calories than you burn then you will get fat.

In my experience tho if you exercise a lot it can be quite hard to eat the amount needed to get large amounts of fat on ur body

Ran half a marathon to 30km a day during this summer, maintenance cals were around 6000, you can do it but it takes lots of time and motivation/mental disorder

Just make sure you don't heelstike and you will be fine

Even at the height of my fatness I would "only" eat around 4-5000 calories a day. Granted that was when I did zero physical activity.

I dont heel strike, something ive noticed is that I have much less issues with my feet hurting when I land on my forefoot than I do with my heels. This is something I discovered very early on during running.

210 and 6'2" isn't really "fat" as far as most people are concerned. I'm 200 and 6"1 and I am trained for a marathon, so I run 20 miles once a week, with a weekly total of around 50-60 miles at around 8 minute pace for my non-long runs. It's a shitload of time and my whole life revolves around my running schedule.
That being said, it's a LOT easier to control my appetite when I'm not deep into my training. Running 50+ miles per week just ruins my hunger cues, I'm always hungry all the time and it's hard AF to continue to lose weight since all I ever want to do is eat constantly. When I was only running 20 miles a week it was a lot easier to control my appetite.
As far as joint pain, I bought a few pairs of good running shoes which I cycle through during the week and I don't have any pain, I used to have knee pains when I was fat but that all went away once I got into the higher mileage.

(1m77, 72kg for Stats)

The good thing for me is my wife wakes up at 6am to go to work and I don't have to be at work till 9ish so I have a solid 3 hours everyday where I can pretty much do whatever I want. This is where I plan on doing a lot of my running.

My problem is that while my weight for my height doesn't look bad on paper I still have a unreasonable amount of body fat given my weight (~24%).

You still have to watch what you eat even for the high mileage, it's really easy to eat back 10-15 miles worth of running, especially if you are used to fat people eating habits. Especially if you are justifying extra calories because you ran a whole lot.

That's what I'm worried about. Even now after I run 5 miles I only budget myself an extra 200 calories. I don't really like doing that but I'm starving if I don't eat a little more. I'm still eating below 2000 calories a day even on the days I workout.

>wanting to be a skelly

What the fuck is your problem?

Might as well put this here seeing as there isnt a run general up.
When i started running i worked my way up to 5ks and 5 milers within 21 minutes and 40 minutes respectively. Recently ive been working on speed over short distance, getting down to 2:05 on half miles and 5:42 on 1 milers.
However, now when i try and do anything more than a mile my legs burn, like a muscular burn or strain, especially when im running slowly for some reason. I do thrash myself when i do repeats so could it be overtraining? Or could it be that ive developed my legs in such a way as to be geared for quick short distance and not endurance? Im stumped so any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

Do you still run distance? Or have you gone down to only doing shorter distances.

do you do ultras?

I try, like I tried to do a gentle 5k today (did 45 mins of repeats yesterday) and even plodding along my legs were burning after a mile and a half and I had to stop before two miles. Maybe im just not giving myself enough recovery time, but in the last couple weeks i had three days off because i was busy and tried a 5k jog and the same thing happened so im stumped.

Not op, but when you are fat you want to be skinny. I know when I was, I envied skellys so much, I thought they were so lucky. Now that I'm fit, I'd rather be fat than skelly

Why? At least you can be healthy and a skelly but if you're fat you are unhealthy

You can be healthy at any size