Friendly reminder that you can get a herniated disk on your upper back from doing heavy bench

Friendly reminder that you can get a herniated disk on your upper back from doing heavy bench.

Be careful user

>Gloves
>2 plates "The Dream"

oh lord senpai

>gloves
>shit form

cmon brah

How the flying fuck can you possible say that this guy has bad form from this photo alone? Just get the fuck out of Veeky Forums you absolutely autistic fuck, I'm so sick and fucking tired of retards like you who've been lifting for a grand total of three months with invisible gains and watching Youtube videos on "FORM" come on Veeky Forums to tell people what's what. Stay in your fucking lane, skelly, come back when you actually lifted anything close to an impressive weight in your life.

unlikely. more likely to have herniated it doing something else like ohp then exacerbated it later on. the bench support takes the pressure off the spine. maybe if you dig your head into the bench really hard? i virtually never hear of herniations via bench press. pec and shoulder injuries are far more common.

Now you know.

I know a guy who got two herniated disks in his spine. One in lower back from heavy dumbell rows and one in upper back from bench.

Anything you do put pressure to your spine. Remember that

>zero arch
>probably zero leg drive
>bet my ass no lats engaged either

cu shoulders it was nice knowin ye

Wow, thanks, you just proved my point that you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. Carry on.

I've only heard of upper back herniations from immense push press weights.

Honestly most of these injuries can be prevented by avoiding using cheat devices like wrist straps. Your wrist being unable to support a weight is a neural warning sign that the weight is too heavy.

This.
Well put user

>upper back

not herniated but i injured my lower back by benching too far down my chest and grinding through a rep

Really? It's evident from the lack of arch, non-angled grip and looks like arms too open too. Read up son.

good point . I do get pain in lower back too sometimes due to arching. And i dont arc too much

>his scapula isn't correctly tucked
>no positive arch in back
>heels probably aren't driven into floor, looks to be on his toes
>using... leather gloves?
>core isn't braced/tight
>elbow position looks bad, but can't tell from photo alone if he's tucking them properly

When you're actually experienced you'll be able to know pretty quickly if somebody is lifting correctly based on a photo in most cases.

t. 3pl8 benchy

I get a pain on the inside of my elbow if I go wide, and a pain in my shoulder if I go narrow grip.

Bench is killing my gainz.

Listen you pricks, the guy in the photo is wearing a fucking sweatshirt, there's no way for you to see exactly how much he's arching in this photo alone. If I were to guess based on the photo, it seems like he does have a slight arch, just not the stupid-high arch you will see in /plg/ circlejerk threads. There's no "one true way" to bench press, so I'm asking you to just remove yourselves from Veeky Forums forever, unless you can keep your idiotic ideas of what is acceptable form to yourselves.

The reason why powerlifters and other retards will over-arch their backs is to decrease the ROM, allowing them to put more weight on the bar, because they're competing. They're not building more muscle or decreasing the risk of injury by doing the arch. In turn, an arch puts more strain on the lower back, in fact the back in general, so it's actually not for everyone.

So just fuck the fuck off with your stupid form checks, no one is impressed by your faux knowledge of proper bench form.

I bench more than you, alright? Fair enough.

do decline and incline. Much safer and gainer

i found you austin

No, now I don't and I completely disagree. Herniations aren't accute injuries. It takes time for the disc's protective coating to wear away and bench press does about fuck all to the spine. It's likely they're experiencing a pre-existing herniation pressing on a nerve during bench press. The bench support will otherwise trivialize the compression and shear on a healthy spine. This is why people with bad backs don't have problems with chest supported rows.

Furthemore there's an exceedingly large anecdote of evidence in that you just never hear anyone talking about herniations via bench press. I mean I'm sure it's possible under some utterly fucked up circumstances but in 20+ years you are the first I've heard of.

D

shit happens

>so I'm asking you to just remove yourselves from Veeky Forums forever
k bye

please come back