This is one the dumbest things I've ever seen. Do people actually use these?

>not doing weighted running
never gonna make it

I use it for parkour

I jumped a 12 story building yesterday

>using resistance when running
How is it dumb?

I agree. Parachutes are probably the dumbest invention ever. No practical use whatsoever.

I do weighted running. 50lbs in fact.
They're just weighted wraps, not some retarded looking parachute.

That does just seem like a really stupid, round about way to run with added weight, which I like as a work out.
Lets guess, it's an 80 dollaroo product on shitty american daytime TV for fat housewives who think they're going to use their free time to get fit but never will?

>he doesn't do starting space shuttle

When I played football in college, the running backs used these for sprints.

Yeah, because that's clearly just a parachute.

Ok. What is it then?

You're a fucking retard. It's actually kind of impressive how stupid you are.

The point of the thread is that it's stupid to run with a parachute behind you. Not that a parachute can't be used to break falling long distances.

KEK

Oh so you admit it's a parachute?

>clearly not JUST a parachute
Do you know what the word "just" means?
You need to lay off the roids, because they're melting your brain.

What the HECK are you talking about?
>that's clearly just a parachute.
Those are literally your exact words. The word 'not' is nowhere to be found.

I'm full natty bro.

Why didn't you just..Wear weights? Leg weights, a heavy backpack, anything less retarded. Hell in highschool I wore huge goth boots for cross country because they were a nightmare to run uphill in.

Don't ask me, I didn't do that shit. I imagine it's much less harsh on the joints though, compared to wearing weighted clothing.

because its resistance training, like using weights, but better on your joints.

I can't imagine leg weights doing you any damage unless you have garbage knees, in which case you probably shouldn't be doing college football surely
>Like using weights
But instead, you have a fucking parachute trailing behind you.

>What is sarcasm
Dude you're a fucking tool, you got BTFO'd in his second post

Weighs pull you towards the ground. This would pull you backwards. It's completely different. Also running with weights isn't good for your joints.

t. I don't own a running parachute and don't plan on buying one but I understand the basic principles of gravity and aerodynamics

The main difference between running with added drag and running with added weights is that you're the dumbass with burnt out joints in his 30's.

Where are you putting the weights? If it's on your quads I'd think it would be fine but ive seen people running with them on their calves and that can definitely be bad for your ankles

You know you can keep saying "Bad for joints" but I've already answered that.
>Burnt out joints
Evidently not

Also what exactly is the difference between pulling you down and back if it's for cardio? You're never going to be running on a bungie cord, you're likely going to spend a decent portion of your life running with extra weight on your back or body.

Nah m8. OP asked
>Do people actually use these?
Which implies that he was talking about the parachute itself. You lost buddy, accept it.

Wearing weighted clothing is terrible for your joints. I'm on mobile just now, but there is a good few studies showing the detrimental effects after 8 weeks of weighted training on the tendons and cartilage, especially in the knees.

I've tried both, personally I didn't feel even the slightest hint of pain on either, but I suppose around the calf might damage your ankles.
Again, if your joints are that bad that any additional weight (Say, a heavy backpack, a full set of military gear or NFL style protection) are going to fuck them up there is no world in which you should be practicing college football to the degree you add resistance.

Veeky Forums is more than 1 person.
>Also what exactly is the difference between pulling you down and back if it's for cardio?
The direction of the force and resistance applied? Running isn't just cardio and running with added resistance DEFINITELY isn't just for cardio.
>You're never going to be running on a bungie cord
You're just as likely to have to lift 200 kilograms of weights strapped onto a horizontal bar but people still deadlift.

I'm not the user you were arguing with, so I'm not entirely sure where you got lost.
OPs image isn't a skydiving/freefalling parachute. The answer to OPs question if they meant using it for that purpose is a resounding "no", that tiny little thing wouldn't slow your fall worth shit.
If he meant as resistance training, which for some reason you seem to pretend not to realise he did, then the answer is probably yes, but he was very clearly asking in a way to imply he does not understand why.

Your body is designed to carry weight on its back. Weight at your ankles causes force to pull on the joints with every step. Your body is not designed to carry weight on the foot.

I tried one on a treadmill at my gym, didn't make a difference. Waste of money.

Where did I imply Veeky Forums is 1 person? If you mean the "I've already answered that" bit then you shouldn't be joining a conversation without reading the whole thing

>You're just as likely to have to lift 200kg of weights
Not really. If you've ever had a manual labour job you'd know how much any kind of weightlifting helps. I just don't see why you would run with resistance over weight when the only things that could be training you for is running with weight.

I agree. That doesn't mean that running with a parachute on your back trains you for anything except running with weights on your back

>our body is not designed to carry weight on the foot.
ya that is why we have feet on bottom and heads on top so our heads carry weight dumass

>I-It's a parachute, b-but it's not that type o-of parachute!
Kek. Nice mental gymnastics there, pal.

Also
>I'm not the user you were arguing with
Sure thing, samefaggot.

>I just don't see why you would run with resistance over weight when the only things that could be training you for is running with weight.
I don't agree. I think it's like a lighter version of pic related. A lot of sports involve moving forward against force applied by the opponent either from the front or from the back. Like I said I don't own one or plan on getting one but it would probably be a decent leg and core workout.
>If you've ever had a manual labour job you'd know how much any kind of weightlifting helps.
Exactly. The point is resistance training helps with activity other than exact 1:1 replication of the exercise.

you're fucking retarded, neck yourself before you lose your virginity and infect the species with your stupidity. A parachute is like those neck straps you idiots use for neck gainzz, an effective but unappealing process. Parachutes don't fuck up your joints, their resistance is horizontal as opposed to vertical, and the amount of resistance increases as your run faster, like an airdyne bike. Here's your (you) for making me respond.

Sorry, are you implying words can only mean one thing? So you can't say "It's a bag, but not that kind of bag" meaning a huge backpack over a plastic carrier bag?

Also
>Only one person can call me out on my shit!
Sure thing

(are) (a) (faggot) (.)

Here's your (You) back for pretending we haven't already answered that.
>I just don't see why
>I don't agree
user.. I know you did start explaining but you see the problem there?
I admit I didn't think of it for being pulled back by say, other players, but that's partially because of all the retards crying "MUH JOOIIIIIIIINTS" when it's for training for a thing where you're going to have extra weight on your joints.

I guess that answers OPs question though. "Yes, football players"

You have legit down syndrome. Not even kidding.
Like, there is something seriously wrong with your brain.
You are trying to say it's just a parachute. A parachute is used for breaking long falls. That's clearly not what this is used for.

Fuck, I hate dealing with retards. You're such a waste of life.

"I do see" would've sounded autistic.

Well, yes, but both were equally redundant when you were about to elaborate anyway.

At least you don't seem to think OPs image is just a parachute

>the only things that could be training you for
This is actually the sentence I disagreed with.

>A parachute is a device used to slow the motion of an object through an atmosphere by creating drag
Literally the definition of a parachute. Has absolutely nothing to do with "breaking long falls" or whatever the freak you're talking about.
Please stop samefagging so hard, junior. It's getting a little sad now.

Ah, that does make a little more sense

Junior? Really, bro? Junior? JUNIOR?!?! NOBODY CALLS ME JUNIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR

you're clearly some preteen that has no worldly experience. I guarantee you if you look around you carefully, you will find someone that used at least ankle weights that either fucked up their ankles, tore their Achilles tendon, or got osteoarthritis in their 30's. your joints are your most valuable asset when it comes to fitness, wear and tear already sets in earlier as an athlete, but with ankle weights, you will be expediting that process. wearing if for a single task won't harm you much, but saying it's anywhere near the quality of training you get from a parachute is laughable. jesus fuck you're retarded, this is why everyone thinks football players are stupid.

It's actually quite nice, gives some resistance and make the run "harder".
Only shitty part is when it gets in people's face and rips up after getting stuck in various places in the city, my 3rd one right now but this one has hold for a month and counting.

Totally worth the money.

I know autists feel no shame but there's now three people calling you out on your shit

The definition of a bag is "a flexible container with an opening at the top, used for carrying things."

That doesn't mean that the military use the same bags as my corner shop.

Parachutes, in general, are used for breaking long falls. You are pretending to be retarded to avoid acknowledging this.

I'M ABOUT TO GIVE YOU
ALL MY MONEY
AND ALL I'M ASKIN
IN RETURN HONEY
IS TO GIVE ME
RESISTANCE
WHEN I GO RUN
(just a just a just a just a just a just a just a just a just a woop)
(just a parachute)
(just a parachute)
P-A-R-A-H-U-T
FIND OUT WHAT IT MEANS TO ME
P-A-R-A-H-U-T
MAKE RUNNING HARD FOR ME

I can't believe how genuinely mad and upset you are that you made a fool out of yourself, so now you're just acting like a retard on purpose to try and shit up the thread.

>do people actually use these
These is an adnoun article used to refer the subject indirectly. "These" in this case is the stupid parachute that you pull behind you when running, it is not referring to ANY parachute.

Again, I hate retards so much.

What are you talking about? I never said weights don't fuck up your joints, nor do I play football. I asked a guy why you would ever use resistance over weight, when you can only only be training for a situation where you'll be pulling weight over resistance, he gave me an example to the contrary and I agreed with him.

Are you one of those specials America is all about?

I know right, much easier to just do barbell flies or webm related

I fucking love when retards get BTFO with English because they can only pretend to be retarded some more or admit that they didn't know the rule/thing you're specifying
I wonder which it will be

Also the example was fucking football, if I played football I wouldn't have had to ask. You're the parachute tard aren't you?

Woah man, calm the heck down
>Literally photoshopping pictures just to prove to some random user that you aren't samefagging
God damn, this is extremely pathetic. Seek help.
Also, all bags are used to carry things. Not all parachutes are used to break falls. Your analogy doesn't work.
>lol umad bro?
Kek. You lost. Get over it.
>H-He didn't m-mean ALL parachutes, j-just this one specific type!
Do you not realize how little sense you're making right now?

My highschool gym teacher made me use this for a while
>be 14
>be a shithead
>get in trouble for throwing shit
>gym teacher makes me run laps for 30 minutes straight while using a parachute
>I'm struggling from the very start
>"You gotta get fast, son! Faster!"
>my skinny body can't handle this shit, I can't even fucking breathe
>"Dy-no-MITE, boy. Give me some DYNAMITE, boy! Get fast! Are you even trying!?"
>classmates were either laughing at me or cheering me on
>my friends were singing the Sonic X theme "Gotta go fast, gotta go fast, gotta go faster-faster-f-f-f-f-f-faster.."
>I'm sweating out of every pore of my pathetic teenaged body, I'm wheezing like a faggot
>Gym teacher was grinning the entire time
>All of this was happening while the rest of the class was playing fucking basketball

I'm making perfect sense. As opposed to you who's wasting his life arguing over retarded shit on the internet in an attempt to save face because you're upset you failed to understand something simple.

creativity - 8/10
delivery - 3/10
overall - 5/10

Wrong board Veeky Forums

Hey everyone, I'm looking to take part in a sensible conversation about what parachutes are used for. Have I come to the right place?

>heck
Language, please. This is a blue board.

forgot pic related

i don't carry anything with the bags under my eyes :(

Lel don't lie that's not why you used goth boots

>HOMO

My pussy smells like Abraham Lincoln's pussy.

>Photoshop
Yea, that's how long it takes to photoshop things user, you got me.
Also, that's exactly why my analogy works. All parachutes are used to cause drag. You are implying you have never heard of ones to break falls. Therefor you are implying, like bags, all parachutes are the same. That makes you retarded

Also if you think we're all one person why do you keep replying to us separately?

thanks user, i was going to give him a piece of my mind myself, no need for such bad language

Well that's why I wore them for cross country. I was a faggot not an idiot.

>faggot
>not an idiot
DOES NOT COMPUTE

i hope thats true, sounds awesome

Sure it does. I'm mentally ill not mentally challenged

>All parachutes are used to cause drag.
Exactly. Which is why OP's question doesn't make any sense. He asked if people actually use them, so I was like "Yeah bro, of course people use parachutes" and then everybody started freaking the fudge out at me for no reason.
That's really freaking rude.

Obviously its not you fucking retard. Are you 12 years or a female that you believe shit that retarded?

>Exactly. Which is why OP's question doesn't make any sense.
No, OP asked if people are really stupid enough to run them dragging behind.

I wish you would just get treated for your autism. That way you could understand social cues, and the context of what people are say. Yes, context means things have specific meaning. You are a fucking retard.

But you pretended not to know that the image is not a parachute for slowing falls, or at least that the image is not one of those.
Which makes you retarded

>OP asked if people are really stupid enough to run them dragging behind.
That's just a lie.
That's literally OP's exact question. You're just wrong. Take the L and stop embarrassing yourself.
I'm not pretending anything. You're pretending that OP clarified what type of parachute he was talking about, which he didn't. In that case, it's safe to assume he's asking about just parachutes in general.

I used one in hs for sprint training. It's odd, but it definitely made my legs feel more powerful

Why do you care so much about having the last word? You're a pathetic retard making a fool out of yourself either way.
And again, get treatment. You have been mentally crippled by autism.

Why are you so obsessed with autism? Almost every time you've replied to me you mentioned autism. You know, one symptom of having autism is obsessive interests.

>keeps acting autistic
>wonders why he gets called autistic
It's a mystery.

>He's still talking about autism
Seriously man, you literally brought that up out of nowhere and you refuse to let it go. Are you positive you don't have autism?

PARISHOOT

Yes, but generally while falling.

No, that's just a parachute. This is different. Right, everyone?

>you literally brought that up out of nowhere
Haha, you're so fucking stupid. It wasn't brought up out of no where. You acted autistic, so you were called autistic. This really isn't hard to understand.

Not him but struggling to follow social clues/inferring meaning wrong and accusing others for your problems are all all pretty strong symptoms

>you're still this mad you made a fool of yourself
So, you're going to keep this up until the thread archives, aren't you. You're actually that pathetic.

Well, that parachute isn't going to save you from falling. It's pretty clearly a resistance training parachute

what if you hit a gust of wind and you take flight?

Can't happen, the only people who would use this are too thick to float

Just run uphill if you want to increase resistance???

Smell my anus.

It's funny how you accused people of samefagging before, now you're doing it yourself to try and damage control.

It's not weight dumbass, its resistance. There's no extra force in the downward direction which keep your joints from deteriorating.

You know what's REALLY funny? Your adorably tiny little dick.

I didn't say it was weight did I? Maybe learn to read. Literally had a full conversation about it already and come to a conclusion.

LMAO you're still here? I moved on from this thread a long time ago. Please, get a freaking life, man.