WHEY

What's the deal with this new Optimum Nutrition blend? I was going to buy a new tub but people on amazon are giving this shit 1 star because of the removal of Aminogen and addition of salt, xantham gum, and a bunch of other shit. Is it worth it?

Also whey general. What do you guys use?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EjMSM1o48rnxpU_u_1m2nqJfze6qE3P_tC_g1ZdWazU/pubhtml
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/31volk/we_sent_samples_from_famous_whey_protein_brands/
febalab.net/
novinite.com/articles/98186/Bulgaria Among World Leaders in Obesity Rates
cdc.gov/healthyschools/obesity/facts.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Olympic

I don't know where you buy yours but I get mine off of vitaminshoppe and they still contain Aminogen. I went and checked the tub I bought 2 weeks ago and the ingredients have not changed.

Gold Standard is called gold standard for good reason. It's the best.

I switched from ON to MyProtein
Look at the price difference, and then look at labdoor rankings

MyProtein has more protein per 100g for less money. SIGNIFICANTLY less money.

>look at labdoor rankings

Why not?

>a product has it on it's label, therefore it's true!
Ask Listerine how their "as good as flossing" label went with dentists when they BTFO of that shitty study.

He's just mad his favourite brand got low ranking. My uni did analysis of whey for them recently.

I just bought MyProtein a couple days ago when I ran out of ON. They had a sale going, 2x 5.5 lb. IWP bags for $60. I bought Chocolate Smooth and strawberry cream, also my local 24 Hour sells 5 lb ON jugs for $34.99 instead of the $50 on amazon

Just looked it up, seems pretty good.
how is the taste?

Millville Elevation. Has the same exact ingredients and comes from the same factories in China as your other more expensive brands, while being way more cheap. Go ahead and continue wasting money, dumbasses.

Labdoor is an obvious shill site. You can tell just by the criteria they use to rank

what should I go for then?

ive been using myprotein unflavoured but thinking of just getting some organic whey for better taste and I guess better quality

MyProtein is cheap because it's an inferior product, it's that simple.

sup ON shill

Did the same.
I actually really like the taste. They use artificial sweetener (not bad if you're not a fat fuck). Probably like the chocolate more than ON, the vanilla is about the same.

Now whey concentrate was like 40$ for 5lbs. unflavored but it seems okay

Not even shilling any specific brand here, but I'm saying that MyProtein is a shill product sold to cheap simpletons who would use any product which has a website that looks remotely serious. Keep drinking the destillated piss that is MyProtein.

Do you have a shred of evidence?
Only simpletons would take you at your word without something empirical to back it up.

>2 scoops this morning in oatmeal preworkout
>obtain gains
>argument invalid
People who post ratings on any site are fucking cancer

ON is the only company that I routinely buy. I feel like a shill, but I just like their stuff.

i recently switched from optimum nutrition to myprotein based on the labdoor rankings.

i got the unflavored 5 pound bag. it tastes like shit. but i'll trust labdoor until proven otherwise.

There's plenty of evidence that MyProtein is worse than e.g. ON. I don't see why you'd trust Labdoor rankings to be quite honest, it's not like they're some widespread source of truth unless you've been successfully shilled on reddit and Veeky Forums.

>There's plenty of evidence

post it

What supplements should I buy if taste is important?

>what is google
Are you seriously this retarded

>There's plenty of evidence that MyProtein is worse than e.g. ON

like?

when you claim something you better have your arguments to back you up, why the fuck should I google if youre the one claiming "x is y"

>Google it
Dying cry of the intellectually dishonest.
YOU Google it and tell us what you find.

LOL you guys are all retarded, here you go: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EjMSM1o48rnxpU_u_1m2nqJfze6qE3P_tC_g1ZdWazU/pubhtml

That's pretty incredible, but check out this totally un-sourced spreadsheet I found

Lol, get mad, autist, here's the actual source: reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/31volk/we_sent_samples_from_famous_whey_protein_brands/

Now go buy some real brand and learn to think for yourself instead of relying on shills

>random Google doc page with no citations
Nice source retard

Yeah, I'm sorry that you can't use Google to save your life, I guess because you don't want to know the truth about MyProtein since you're a cheap fuck who would buy anything from a vendor on the fucking street if it was just cheap enough. I posted the reddit source with actual photos of real lab results.

>reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/31volk/we_sent_samples_from_famous_whey_protein_brands/
When I want good, hard science, I go to Bulgarian fitness trainers first.

>I'm gonna use Labdoor, they have a ""WEB-SITE"" wow they must be really legit
>I'm sure they can't be manipulated by companies at all
>MyProtein is amazing I'm sure their product is superior to all of the other companies at a fraction of the price, it just makes sense

someone redpill me on a good unflavoured protein

That guy on reddit didn't post any information beyond "we took protein to a lab". What kind of lab? What kind of standard did they use when testing? Is the guy on the best performing protein's payroll?

Poor science is not a legitimate source I'm afraid.

It literally says in both sources what kind of standard they used. It's ISO 1871:2000.

>"real lab results"
>a fucking reddit source who says they tested results from an unnamed laboratory in fucking Bulgaria

Imagine being this much of a tool

Syntha-6

If you can't read Cyrillic, it says Antonina Angelova and the stamp says Feba Lab: febalab.net/

Are you guys having a bad day or something? Lol

Everyone's just passionate about their protein, but atleast we can all agree that protein powder is not worth using unless the whey is filtered instead of blended.

>right?

that chart has american standard whey as the most accurate, so...

Right, I have no qualms at all with that, go get MEX if that's what you like, I'm just tired of seeing the circlejerking going on about MyProtein. Suckers are cheap and MyProtein use that to their advantage.

you misunderstand. asw is a well known farce of a brand which has been sued more than once for their crap powder. if your chart has them on top, then i can't trust your chart.

>I'm gonna use Feba Lab, they have a ""WEB-SITE"" wow they must be really legit
Get back to me when an American lab disproves Labdoor.

LOL, there it is, if it ain't American I DON'T LIKE 'EM

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Impact whey is alright, but the proton to cal ratio is pretty bad. I personally wait out for an myprotien isolate deal or on

But its your money so you make the best choice for yourself

I don't take dietary advice from third world countries.

Yeah, that's how the U.S. became one of the fattest countries in the world, good job! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Myprotein has the best protein per 100g though

What's actually wrong with it?

I think the main reason MyProtein is cheaper by that much is that they don't use tubs (it's just a bag) and I think I heard people say it goes really nasty after a few weeks. So you should have a tub from previous protein and transfer it to that.

Here's evidence that labdoor is biased.
They knock down other protein for the same watchlist ingredients that myprotein uses but doesn't give the same treatment to myprotein.

Labdoor is basically a modern looking website that performs expensive tests without any disclosed source of revenue. Myprotein is a company yet pays a lot of deals sites, fitness sites for sponsored content. Its not unlikely that myprotein worked it a deal where they send special batches to labdoor for testing

novinite.com/articles/98186/Bulgaria Among World Leaders in Obesity Rates
lololololol btfo

> (You)
>Myprotein has the best protein per 100g though

My latest batch came with 18g per 100 cal. I thought I remember it being better, but 18 per 100 vs 24 per 110/120 is pretty bad. Isolate is 21per 100 which is pretty good.

>
>What's actually wrong with it?
>
>I think the main reason MyProtein is cheaper by that much is that they don't use tubs (it's just a bag) and I think I heard people say it goes really nasty after a few weeks. So you should have a tub from previous protein and transfer it to that.

Lmao if you actually believe that is enough of a reason for the price gap.

>5% of all Bulgarian children, between the ages of 13 and 17 are overweight with 22% of them being obese. [=1.1% are obese]
cdc.gov/healthyschools/obesity/facts.htm
>Today, about one in five school-aged children (ages 6–19) has obesity.[=20%]
Yah, BTFO alright

Am I getting an older batch or something? It says 21 per 100cal

Possible. They change their formula a lot. Yours is not the isolate right?

I've seen complaints they don't updates their labels. Could be the bait and switch. Build up a following and then cheap out on their product. I'm sticking to isolate from now on, but the deals don't come near as frequently

Any Casein nibbas here? Protein shake before bed master race reporting in

>picked habit of having a cup of milk before bed from my mom
>years pass and I get into fitness
>realize milk protein is casein
>casein is a slow digesting protein which is good to be taken when you're not going to be eating for hours
>tfw mom was indirectly helping out my gains

Wow. I can't imagine someone working this hard to get unfucked

You can't get unfucked, user

Tried a sample of that stuff once and had monster farts for 8 hours.

>mfw I got an 11 lb bag of chocolate whey from myprotein for $55 during a sale

There's still so much left.

Fuck whey. Rice and hemp protein all day

MyProtein doesn't taste as good or mix as well. I have disposable income so I can afford to pay the difference in price. (Hint: save 15% with Amazon subscribe and save)

ON gold standard is extremely consistantly good enough. Fine concentration, tastes good, dissolves well, price isn't terrible. There are better buys, of course, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

Casein bro reportan
Shit is fucking cash before bed or when I know I'm gonna go for a long time without delicious protons

MuscleFeast master race
ChocoNegro flavor

They have a sale rn if you use the coupon on their site it comes down to 55 for 11lbs

Mocha, strawberry and cookies and cream are really good

What about Nutricost? their claims (30g of protein per 33.3g of scoop) and price (46 bucks for a 5 lb tub) seem too good to be true.