Tungsten Weights?

Is there any reason why plates need to be made out of cast iron? If we made them out of Tungsten, they could take up 2 - 2.5x less space depending on the purity.

Other urls found in this thread:

midwesttungsten.com/2-5-tungsten-cube-biggest-size/
youtu.be/hh89h8FxNhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

does a 45lb plate weigh 45lbs before or after they punch the hole into it for the barbell?

Tungsten is $20/lb Cast iron is $0.1/lb

Price. Only reason.

midwesttungsten.com/2-5-tungsten-cube-biggest-size/

Iron sounds cooler

No one cheats the Iron
Pumping Iron
Pay the Iron price
Forged by Iron.

And so on...keep your space age metals i would lift rocks before your shit metal

Before dumbass. The rest of the weight is built in to the barbell.

Its cast iron ...CAST iron

>he doesnt give his body the very best

any reason why weights aren't made out of neutron stars?
think about how efficient the rack space could be

if its fucking before and then they punch it out then its not 45lb then is it you dipshit? Thats why i use the rubber coated plates, the rubber makes up the missing lb's

non-cuck nations call it wolfram, not tungsten, which sound way better than rion

>Barbell weighs 45lb in total
>Plate weighs 45lb before hole is punched out
>40lb with hole punched out
>Put two 40lb plates on a 45lb barbell
>125lb in total
>Call it 135lb because that's what the numbers add up to

Tungsten weights would be half the width of regular plates.
I'm thinking that this may be the point when the plate is so thin that a dropped weight wouldn't just break your foot, but sever it like a blunt shovel.

>half the width

there's no reason it could be the the same width with a smaller diameter? Or would that confuse people too much?

>pumping wolfram
sounds like a gay furry novella

kek

That'd be fine for anything but deadlift.
Deadlifters are strict about their plate diameter due to ROM.

lol imagine an unloaded tungstein barbell that weights 90lbs.

So what you're saying is a pound of iron weighs more than a £ of tungsten.

Why don't we make uranium dumbells?

Iron is $0.1/lb

Plates cost $1/lb.

youtu.be/hh89h8FxNhQ

The barbell weight accounts for the hole cut out already. It's included in the weight of the bar.

Why not use solid gold dumbells?

ba dum tss.

very good post

here we go again

I personally only use cement filled vinyl weights so I look like I'm lifting more.

Tungsten is expensive. Lead would probably be as cost-effective as iron, but it would also be much more likely to pick up damage over time and poses a health hazard.

>yes this is capitalism

Well he achieved some mass... critical mass

why don't we make them out of mercury

Damn, swimming in mercury must one hell of an exercise.

Plus the price of labor, manufacturing, and transportation.
Still cheaper than sourcing it yourself

Is there any reason why plates need to be made out of cast iron? If we made them out of Cheese slices, they could take up 2 - 2.5x less space depending on the purity of cheese.

you would not be able to see the plates.... imagine using a microscope to put on pl8s

So if it cost the same (which it probably wouldn't), you'd pay a cheap and cheerful $200/lb for your tungsten plates. $9000 for one measly pl8.

IIRC, tungsten is a very brittle metal. The plates would have a higher likelihood of shattering.

Why not just make them out of solid gold
They could take up 1.001x less space than tungsten

Are you insinuating that it's made by some wizardry then?

>bulding smaller plates
>cheating yourself out of gains
lmao

But the hole is smaller too so it works out the same

Oh so the barbell just magically gains more weight as you add more plates to make up for the hole punched out in each of them?

What did you think pianoman lifted to become a mutant?
[spoiler] he died of radiation poisoning [/spoiler]

plus good post-workout keto snack

Btw, here is some lore behind this Veeky Forums guy
He squatted down to eat buckwheat and chicken right in the middle of a crowd during a protest in moscow.
He sells supplements
Thats it.

An iron chain will float in a pool of mercury, so I imagine it would be easier to swim maybe.

Nah, it's harder.
Since mercury is pretty dense, you'll float, much like in the dead sea.
Since only a bit of your body is in the water swimming becomes really hard for some reason.
This is also why people are advised not to swim to far in the dead sea, since swimming is really tiring there.

>tfw wanted to be home gym master race
>would cost me 3,000 to get a good set up

this is the only reason why I go to the gym or leave me house, desu

it's 45lb before they punch the hole out.

They use the metal from the hole to make the collars, that's why you need to use the collars to get the true weight.

>Is there any reason why plates need to be made out of cast iron? If we made them out of NEUTRONIUM, they could take up 2,000,000,000 - 2,500,000,000x less space depending on the purity.

>Neutronium

B-but senpai, neutronium is literally degenerate.

If you're going to make a joke get the physics right.
It's 'normal matter' -> 'degenerate matter' -> 'neutronium' -> 'black hole'

Mercury is dense enough that you could stand on it and hardly sink in. It would be extremely slippery and you would die of poisoning thiugh

speak for yourself, my head wouldn't be close enough to the mercury because i'm not a manlet