Havent smoked any cigarettes in 12hours

Havent smoked any cigarettes in 12hours.
Should i quit or go buy another pack?
How good is it to my workout to quit smoking?

I quit smoking two packs a day four years ago with e cigarettes. I dont use them anymore, but quitting smoking was the single greatest health decision I ever made. My lifts sky rocketed, my cardio was fantastic and I didnt smell like shit all the time.

theres a great app I think. the one that tells you stuff like
>now the nicotine is out of your system
>now you're not physically addicted anymore
>now your lungs are XX% back to normal

cigarettes are pretty good man, don't be a pussy

I'm coming up to a year of quitting, lemme tell ya you should definitely go for it. There are many health benefits but at the end of the day the habit itself is pretty shitty too.
>Waking up with the taste of smoke in your mouth & nose after a night out
>Tastes and feels shitty after a certain point
>Costs way too much
>Lowers your circulation which makes your dick not as hard

instead of buyin cigs buy crypto

>Everyone relapses sooner or later
>Might as well get it behind you now
Impeccable logic of the addicted brain.

the real answer

Smoking actually increases your metabolism and inhibits estrogen (higher test), also directly promotes lipolysis.
The downsides are obviously smelling like shit and having to fork over a load of money, not to mention your lungs

Had quit for 5 months after 6 years of heavy smoking, the benefits were ridiculous. I relapsed this past week because I'm a dumbass, but I plan to quit again permanently come tomorrow.
Do it bro, quit the fucking thing. You are already feeling the brunt of the physical withdrawal, it doesn't get much worse than this, and in 3 days it will be completely out of your system. After that you might feel a bit moody for a couple of weeks (nothing compared to what you are feeling now), and then it's just a process of resisting occasional cravings and rewiring your brain to do the things it used to do without smoking.
Go download alen Carr's easy way to quit smoking, it did the trick for me.

I quit smoking 2.5 months ago. My cardio is through the roof insane better. I'm pretty sure my lifts are getting stronger too. Tons of money in my pocket. No cough.

72 hours later all the nicotine will be out of your system. I found the 24 through 48 hour part the weirdest but stuck it out. It can be done!

What if I manage to smoke like 3 times a week or only on weekends?

Shit can't be that bad I think. I'm currently smoking 2 to 3 cigs a day.

Can any ex-smokers here explain how quitting smoking helped them out with their lung health? I've been doing a lot of research because of side stuff related to /fast/ and despite all the metabolic and restorative processes the body has, lung healing and regeneration seems to be the most difficult. I see a lot of talk here of people quitting and resuming doing running and heavy cardio, wanted to know how that works out and how much performance they can summon after however many years smoking.

I tried using an app like that once, all it did was make me want a cig even more lol. Like every time i looked at the app, i wanted to smoke one

Occasional smoking is mostly a meme. You can't regulate usage of a dopaminergic stimulant drug like that, imagine a coke-head going "I'll only snort every second day!". How does that work for them? Keep in mind that nicotine is generally considered more addictive than coke.
Also, you are putting your body through the worst phase of physical withdrawal every day (the first 72 hours), just to go back into smoking. Not only is that impossible to keep up for ever, but also you'll feel like shit every day until the time comes to actually smoke.
Either quit entirely, or smoke to your heart's content. The latter is way worse, but it's still better than starving your dopamine receptors every day, thinking about your next cig and feeling like utter shit.

I'm . The positive effects of quitting smoking regarding breathing became apparent after 1-2 months of not smoking. Sure, complete healing takes way longer than that, but within 2 months I could get up entire flights of stairs and run for quite some time without getting winded. Hell, I even managed to keep up with an extremely athletic friend I have, we went running and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
Not sure if I answered your question, so ask away

Fug, thanks...

Do you feel as though you still have great potential for cardio and do you have any wheezing or wheezing that went away as time went on?

Thanks for answering

>Do you feel as though you still have great potential for cardio
Absolutely. You'll be amazed by how good the body is at repairing the damage done by smoking. I spent the summer jogging, sprinting and swimming, and every single time my legs and my heart would tire out before my breathing would give out. I can't honestly tell whether I've done any permanent damage to my cardio capabilities, but for now I feel healthy as fuck. I spent my summer vacations with a very athletic (but also smoking) friend, and, after seeing my progress and sudden athleticism, he decided to give it up himself.

>do you have any wheezing or wheezing that went away as time went on?
Right now? Not at all, and it was one of the first things to go away after I quit. I could breathe easier within days from quitting.
I was also a heavy smoker, I was smoking craven, handrolled, 20+ cigs a day (maybe second harshest tobacco I've come across, after van nelle) and I had reached a point where I would cough up phlegm every goddamn morning.
Your lungs will start reacting to the absence of smoke the moment you quit, and you might feel wheezy and cough a lot the first few days after quitting, depending on how heavy a smoker you were. That's just your lungs regrowing, repairing themselves, and coughing out the last remnants of carcinogens and tar that remains within them. Even if that happens to you (it didn't to me), it will be over within days, and it's more of a feeling of victory above all else.
Again, ask away for any other info you might want. I'm eager to talk about smoking since I'll be quitting again (and hopefully for the last time) tomorrow.

Just wanted to chime in, as a fellow smoker who managed to quit for 2 months and then relapsed like a stupid fuck.

So, I've been smoking since I was 17 (21 now). Always been a pretty hard smoker, a pack a day at least.
I lived for one year in Australia, went there after i graduated from high school. While I was there, I went to work at a mine near a town in the middle of fuck all. I decided I wanted to quit smoking, so I brought with me the last half-empty pack of tobacco. In 4 days I quit. I feel like the extremely long work hours, 12-14 a day, and the fact I had so little time for myself I didn't even have time to hit the gym, let alone go buy cigarettes, helped me greatly. I didn't even feel any need to smoke anymore, I just stopped caring. It was amazing.
After two months, I went back to Perth, to my old hostel. Met a few friends as soon as I got back there, all of them smokers, wether it be cigs or weed. Ripped a cig off a friend, just for old time's sake os something, I tought. Two hours later I bought a pack and started again.

I also tried to quit againa couple months ago, lasted a total of 6 day, then Saturday night rolled around, I was drunk and got a couple cigarettes from friends. Boom, there you go again.

All I want to say is, it really is amazingly awful the things your brain will come up with to keep you from quitting. The lies you tell yourself so you can go smoke another one or go buy another pack. You even know it's bullshit, but you can't do much about it apart from resisting, lower your guard and there you again. I feel like if you are surrounded by people who smoke, it even gets harder convinvg yourself you DON'T want a cigarette. I'm not blaming others, of course, the falut of not being able to quit is all mine. But sometimes circumstances make it even more difficult.

Cont'd.

My dad smoked for almost 20 years, one, two packs a day. He quit when my mum got pregnant with me. He told me that quitting smoking was maybe the hardest thing he ever did in his life, and that even now, after more than 20 years, he still does crave a cigarette sometimes. Sometimes when he drinks a coffee, or after having lunch out and seeing somebody go outside and lit one up... It's a ghost that haunts you forever, so to speak.

Anyway, I wanted to try quitting again tomorrow or the day later, as soon as I finish the pack I bought this morning. I think this thread gave me some more resolve to do it.

Good luck anons, keep fighting the good fight.

>tfw went for 8 months and ended up failing again
i've never been actually addicted to something before, shit is fucked. i wonder if heroin addicts ever fully, truthfully stop wanting dope even years after getting clean.

and cancer

They don't. Nobody who has an addiction ever really does. As I said, my dad still craves a cigarette once every while, my grandad died without a fucking lung because he smoked 3-4 packs A DAY his whole life, my other grandad was an alchoholic who kept relapsing until a liver disease eventually got him.

You don't ever really stop wanting what you are addicted to, I think. You just get better at resisting it.
(BTW, sorry if some sentences are a bit fucked up, English ain't my first language)

Thanks for chiming in mate, but I'll have to strongly disagree with you on the matter of addiction and never getting over it. That's a myth and also the defeatist attitude that keeps many smokers from ever quitting, since in their mind quitting is hell and they'll never really get over it. Neither is true.
If you want to quit go watch Alen Carr's easy way to stop smoking, it does a great job at explaining the addiction further, and I've been preaching it ever since I watched it, it's pretty much the redpill for quitting. Also check whyquit.com, it has a lot of resources and it can help you understand the addiction.
Also, the cravings your father experiences are nothing like the cravings you have in your mind. Wanting a cigarette for the buzz and for nostalgia's sake doesn't compare to your entire body asking for a fix. Your father equates his thoughts to cravings because he hasn't had a real craving ever since he quit smoking.

your dad probably told you this story many times and you still decided to smoke. Fucking dumbass.

Hot fucking damn dude, that's amazing, I was freaking out thinking vaping for 8 months killed me but if people can walk back from heavy smoking like you, nothing seems to be impossible as long as you quit early

best of luck man

quick smoking you disgusting mong