Counting calories/protein bullshit

so i got my diet on track. but the sticky wants me to eat 1g of protein per day of body weight, and to eat nearly 2000 calories a day. do i need to do this to get results for weight loss or muscle, or can i just go with the flow and eat my veggies meats and shit whenever the fuck? how do you people actually manage this? does it really fucking matter? i'm starting to feel like its a waste to go to the gym if i won't see any results because i have to count my calories and protein for every meal like some fucking sesame street bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-4-8
youtube.com/user/OmarIsuf/search?query=beginner
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can estimate your caloric intake, but it will absolutely not be accurate, you won't see the results you want, and then you'll give up and go back to eating garbage. Download myfitnesspal and start counting if you actually care about getting fit.
>how to get enough protein in caloric limit
First of all, it's 1g/lb LEAN body weight. Lean body weight = total body weight - fat. Secondly, eat food high in protein and low in everything else. Protein powder is always a solid choice, as are eggs, chicken breast, cottage cheese, lentils, and edamame. Plenty more available with google.

It depends how many days you weight

Now you realize why protein powder is a thing

and it is fucking expensive.

And now you're grasping the basics of supply and demand

this is not helping

And now you're learning about Veeky Forums

welcome to Veeky Forums

Add chicken to your diet as meal/dinner. Eat liver every once in a while. Some kind of red meat isn't that bad.

Eggs and tuna isn't that bad of a combo as you may imagine beforehand. There's also a lot of yogurt with a lot of proteins.

No need to count calories nor proteins if you don't want to. Eat meat/fish/beans on two meals, eat some yogurt/cheese/eggs, eat some bread/pasta/rice/oats and eat vegetables. Normal healthy food gives you enough protein.

Weigh yourself every day and make sure you are losing or gaining a reasonable amount per week. If you gain or lose more or less, eat a little bit less or more accordingly. Use common sense and track your weight and your lifts.

There is too much fucking information and i hit the gym tomorrow for the first time. I have NO idea what to do. and I am looking at a bunch of SHIT every day by the hour and i cant take it anymore.

what the fuck do i need to do. i am 183 fucking pounds. I am 5 feet 11 inches. i just did an anthropometric test to see how much body fat i have and it says 22% so basically i have 40 Ibs of fat ass left. I also did a bioelectric impedance analysis that said i had 17% body fat left. so that's probably really innacurate, so I will go with the 22%. they say i can't build muscle or lose fat at the same time. so what the fuck do i do. gain muscle or lose more fat? and all this bullshit with counting calories and eating. picture is me.

Every american/english site/"natty" bodybuilder on nutrition: eat 1g/lbs

Every swedish site/podcasts on nutrition: 1,6-2g/kgs

Example if you weigh 200lbs / 90kg
200lbs = 200g
1,6x90 = 144g
2x90 = 180g

Studies have shown that consuming more than 1,6g/kg protein synthetsis increases little and even less after 2g/kg.

2g/kg is recommended during cuts to preserve muscle mass but going beyond that is uneccessary. Stick to what is in line with science and bulk with 1,6g/kg and cut with 2g/kg

Change your diet to the ones people are giving you ITT, whether you decide to go to the gym or not, your body will thank you.

Also, diets aren't exactly a hard science dude it's not hard. Focus on one thing at a time

Proof?

I know exactly what you're talking about but I'll still try to give you a solid routine. With time you have to discover what works for you.

Routine: Do AlphaDestinys novice program/ICF 5x5.
Read their FAQs if you have any questions.
Try doing 30 minutes of medium intensity cardio 3x a week.

Nutrition: A good way of adding mass without counting calories is eating until your feeling full, then eat just a little bit more. Try to eat more protein overall spreadout over all your meals during the day. Counting calories as a beginner is exhausting but if you want go for it and don't bulk with 200-400 kcal surplus.

I feel so overwhelmed but i'll do what you said. So about calories, no surplus, just a small deficit?

About optimal protein
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-4-8

Can't find the exact study comparing 1,6g to 2g but it was during the podcast "Tyngre träningssnack" with physiotherapist Jacob Gudiol - Master in Sport Science main area of study sport medicine and physiotherapist William Valkeaoja master of clinical medical science.

You'll be fine with consuming 1,6-2g

Cut till 10-12% bf, eat 1g/lb bm protein, lift.

Your body is tricky when it comes to if you should bulk or cut. I'd probably say cut because as a beginner you're still going to add some muscle mass but cutting is hard without muscle.

If you're going to bulk: 200-400kcal surplus
If you're going to cut: 300-500kcal deficit

Easiet way reaching a deficit is eating less carbs, but don't skip them all! I'd suggest watching "Things I wish I knew as a beginner" or "Beginner mistake" videos.

Try checking this out, take your time, it's alot of info I know but hopefully you'll get something out of it. Saying it again, take your time. You'll probably face a lot of obstacles, I know how fucking frustrating it is starting lifting with 0 knowledge yet being bombarded with information.
youtube.com/user/OmarIsuf/search?query=beginner

So if my BMI is 25% and I weigh 183 and my height is 5'11. What should my goal weight be?

Fuck that, look at

Focus more on how you actually look, try to lose 0,5-1lbs a week not more not less.

1g per pound of lean body mass. Your fat doesn't need a lot of protein.

Depends on how much you build muscle. If you are a newbie you can build some muscle and lose fat at the same time, maybe for a few months.

Cut until you are content with your fat% when you look at the mirror. Then increase calories to build more muscle.

You're definitely not going to make it. People who are serious love counting calories and planning meal timing. I'm prepping for a show right now and carb cycling has been fun.

Go fuck yourself, I don't give a flying fuck about you or what you're doing. No help then fuck off.

He helped you realize you're not going to make it. Stop being a bitch and put in some WORK

You didn't help me with shit.

Get a load of this faggot, doing basic addition is too much work for him

it ain't the counting calories that is hard for me. it is getting the RIGHT amount every day

just guesstimate it. as time goes on you tweak it. I found I was losing 3 pounds a week, im 6'2 204, im now 192 aftee a month, im a newbie so my gains are still happening while cutting. for me it's 2500 base metabolic rate, so I shoot for less than 2000 calories a day. I lift with moderate intensity 3 times a week and twice a week do 30 minutes of cardio. I'm the beginning it's easy, if you need to lose more, cut more calories, if you're loosing too fast, add a few until you're around 2-3 pounds a week. I'm cutting to 175ish then building back to 210, I plan on this taking a year but I also have realistic expectations. I'm a newbie too bro but I've lost 12 pounds in a month, I've gone from skinny fat to noticeably more lean with a few lifestyle changes. once you go a good 2 or 3 weeks, youre eating alot of similar foods so you won't need to look up nutrition, it'll just be engrained so you'll be able to do quick math. for example, for dinner I eat a small serving of brown rice (200 calories) a good portion of broccoli (75 calories) and a 6-9oz flat iron steak (one of the most lean cuts, usually $5 a pound, and is around 300-400 calories depending on size). now dinner is around 650 calories, I do that with three other slightly smaller meals (around 400 calories) and a protein supplement, boom, 2000 calories. give it time brother. I've just barley started and I already feel way more confident and way more motivated. keep it up, don't be discouraged.
>If anything brother, just find a plan and stick to it. I looked like you and I'm focused on cutting first.

Just buy a fucking scale and use myfitnesspal, how hard can it be ? If you're not willing to invest 10-15 minutes a day of your time on something so important like tracking calories and macros then you're probably not gonna have the will to keep lifting after a couple of weeks.

thanks that really helped.

i just started using my fitness pal. the hardest part about all of this is that i still live at home and cant buy my own food. and sometimes food is made for me.

Hey there - your attitude sucks major balls. You sound like you'll be able to keep this up for maybe a month or two before you cave in. Stop being such a fucking sourpuss.

Whey protein powder, if you buy in bulk, is the cheapest source of protein per gram you can guy, except maybe 100 lbs sacks of rice or flour or some shit. It's cheaper than meat, eggs, greek yogurt, or other popular sources of protein.

Whey is not expensive.

>they say i can't build muscle or lose fat at the same time.

This is wrong. Beginners can gain lean body mass while cutting on as much as a 40% deficit. This doesn't work as well when you're closer to your genetic potential, but that doesn't matter for your case.

Seconded - whey is reasonable in terms of grams of protein per dollar.
>inb4 Sheklestein
Use a calculator you noggle

>baby soy beans

Enjoy your gyno faggot. Next you will tell him to drink out of plastic water bottles...

If you can't handle it and feel overwhelmed with the dietary requirements of progress, then here's what I'd suggest: start making small changes that move you in the right direction. Manageable ones that you can stick with. Start by increasing your protein intake, but be mindful to choose foods that are low in calories.
If cost is a concern for protein powders then look at eggs, cottage cheese, oats, canned tuna, things like that. Low cost, decent protein.
If you go with eggs and like them hard boiled then its easy enough to do up a bunch of them all at once to fit into your week as snacks and additions to meals.

If you're going this way though then be sure to keep pushing to new, better habits. As things get normalized, push to new and better standards.

You can't expect the same amount of progress this way that you'd get if you changed everything at once, of course. But for a lot of people the 'best routine' and 'best diet' are ones that push but are also ones you can realistically stick to.

grab a foodscale.

get the myfitnesspal app on your phone.

If it goes in your mouth, you weigh the portion you consume, and log it into the calorie tracker.

Hit your calorie goal everyday, hit your protein requirement.

For fats and carbs, you have some flexibility. You can shift some calories from fat to carbs and vice versa. Matt Ogus, as well as several fitness guys have videos on macros if you look it up on youtube. Also some info on macros if you READ THE FUCKING STICKY.

>not tricking new lifters into becoming traps
Step it the fuck up m8

i read the fucking sticky like 50 fucking times. it doesn't add anything that i don't know. it just tells me to count everything, and a bunch of obvious bullshit along with dispelled myths i already fucking know.

i just got done logging everything in myfitnesspal today. it was kinda fun scanning everything. but it still hard as fuck to get my daily calories. seriously i had 3 servings of peanut butter today and that was 560 calories alone. i still have about 100 calories left in my day that i am not fucking filling. i had 108g of protein today (24% out of my 30% goal). is that good enough?

This.

Literally no excuse if a poorfag student like me can still get his hands on Whey Protein

You want help yet you're a complete jackass about it. None of this shit is difficult. Plan your god damn meals and calculate the calories to be under your tdee for the day. Its basic fucking math. No one here or anywhere else is going to hold your hand through this. Stop being a beta bitch and just do it. Fail or not at least you'll learn a lesson. At your current stats, however, I would recommend a cut (1-2lbs per week for 2 months). You will probably look weak as fuck after but then it's time to do a clean, slow bulk (200-300 above tdee) and lift. Pick any beginner routine you want. You'll get results eventually.

Kek

You need to expand your vocabulary.

Recomp is what you need OP

Macros and calorie counting is a meme.

i can't really plan my meals if im living at home with my family. i cant afford to buy food all the time. i guess i just have to do it as i go along the day. i actually should have just bought containers today while i was out. fuck.

ok.

Tuna is 20g and 80c per tin

Your issues keep compounding as the thread goes on. You should have just said you were 14 in the beginning and saved us all some time.

Oh you're one of those types of people. Why don't you fuck off and waste your time somewhere else. You're absolutely useless.

Tuna gets so nasty if you just eat too much. Half a tin is enough for me. Even scrambled eggs makes me gag if i eat too much

Assume you don't gag on cock though

only on yours baby

What is this? A script for the next Michael Bay movie or something?